“Good value, pretty good stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
San Francisco, CA
“Good value, pretty good stay”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

First, this is a good value. I paid just of $100 with the AAA rate.
The room was typical Hampton Inn, clean, furnishings fine, not great. The bathroom however must have been recently remodeled as it was very clean and current.
One troubling thing though: the bathroom only has a shower, no tub. So if you like a bathtub you are out of luck. I don't think they would have just given me a room without a tub without telling me so I am guessing none of the rooms have bathtubs.
Since we were only there one night, not having a tub didn't bother us.

Check in was a bit concerning. When I asked for a quiet room the clerk seemed a bit put off, confused, said she didn't know which room might be more quiet. She said this room faces street X, this room faces street Y. I am not from Seattle so street X and Y mean nothing to me.
After some difficulty on her part she gave me a room on the 5th floor.
My fears were unfounded as it turned out to be a quiet room. I wish she hadn't made it seem so frustrating to her and iffy for me. But, it turned out well

The breakfast is very nice especially since it runs until 10am, great if you like to sleep in.
There were ample choices of hot and cold dishes. I appreciated the fresh fruit, including pineapple slices and other sliced fruit. I think the rate, combined with the lovely breakfast really makes staying there appealing.
I used the fitness center, which was small, but adequate. There was no remote control for the TV so I had to do some trial and error on the back of the tv to get it turned on and turned to a channel.
The fitness center is in the basement down a long hallway that is grim. I think there might be rooms on that floor, which would not be appealing to me.
But, the center itself has big windows to the street, so it has a very plesant outlook.
The only REAL negative was the air conditioner in our room, which was loud. I had to turn it off to sleep, but then the room would get hot, so I'd wake up and turn it back on. I did this several times during the night so I didn't get a very good sleep.
This is the only reason I might not return to this hotel when in Seattle again.
I did like the value and the breakfast and the fitness center though.
The check out team was much more friendly than the check in and I could see they were kind to people about storing luggage.
There is no restaurant in this hotel so we found a brouchure for a pizza delivery in the area and we ordered that since it was late at night when we arrived and we didnt want to roam the streets.

Room Tip: I know my room on the 5th floor had a remodeled bathroom and was quiet, so you might want to ask for...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ElizabethStreetMoM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Overall my experience was EXCELLENT stayed 3 nights-- the rooms are clean & comfortable. The staff was excellent -- friendly, helpful & really went out of their way to make my stay excellent.

Breakfast was great -- staff was attentive, public areas are really clean and comfortable.

Exercise room is "ok" -- could use some upgrades. Parking is a premium -- I have a "larger" car so I parked it and didn't move until I left.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 1Beth
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Overall our experience at this hotel was good. However, don't bring an SUV and expect to park in their garage- the corners are tight and the spots are small. Also, if you are a light sleeper, consider asking for a top-floor room or bring earplugs. The floors squeak easily, so the person above you can be quite noisy, even if they're just walking around. Otherwise the hotel was great with helpful staff (they moved us to a top-floor room when we mentioned the problem).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GeorgiAdventures
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Fairly good location. 15 min walk to space needle monorail to get to pikes place. The breakfast was very very good for a complimentary breakfast. The rooms are clean and decently sized. Parking wasn't too expensive. Would stay here again.

Stayed April 2012
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Felt the breakfast was lacking. Nobody could understand me. Rooms newly renovated smelled. Would not recommended ever. Worst hotel ever.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank drakestud77
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying here every April for the world rhythm festival and while the rooms have have always been adequate and affordable the latest rounds of renovations have taken this hotel to a new high.
The once tired Lounge / breakfast room is now classy and clean. The breakfast buffet is the best I've seen and always plenty of it. The coffee was great the staff friendly and helpful. We will be back ext year and the one after that Etc.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank FBEM
Indiana
Reviewed April 23, 2012

As a road warrier I've come to reply upon Hilton properties, in general, and Hampton Inn, in particular for a decent room, an adequate breakfast and a fair price. I chose this property due to its proximity to downtown Seattle. While I got what I expected (the usual Hampton Inn experience) this hotel offered more and reminded me of my two favorite Hampton Inn properties in Chicago and Manhattan. The front desk staff were beyond polite, always asking what they could do to help me. Questions were answered promptly and never did I have to wait for an answer. The room, I had a King Suite, was large, very clean and quiet. Because of my positive experience, my family is now considering this hotel for our "home base" for our summer, 2013, vacation. Highly recommended, especially if you are going to visit the Space Needle or the EMP museum. Oh, and the monorail (which you can catch at the Space Museum, will take you to within 4 blocks of Pike Place Market. (A little gem offered by the front desk staff and employed by me).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business