“Most improved hotel we have ever stayed at more than once.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying here every April for the world rhythm festival and while the rooms have have always been adequate and affordable the latest rounds of renovations have taken this hotel to a new high.
The once tired Lounge / breakfast room is now classy and clean. The breakfast buffet is the best I've seen and always plenty of it. The coffee was great the staff friendly and helpful. We will be back ext year and the one after that Etc.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank FBEM

Reviewed April 23, 2012

As a road warrier I've come to reply upon Hilton properties, in general, and Hampton Inn, in particular for a decent room, an adequate breakfast and a fair price. I chose this property due to its proximity to downtown Seattle. While I got what I expected (the usual Hampton Inn experience) this hotel offered more and reminded me of my two favorite Hampton Inn properties in Chicago and Manhattan. The front desk staff were beyond polite, always asking what they could do to help me. Questions were answered promptly and never did I have to wait for an answer. The room, I had a King Suite, was large, very clean and quiet. Because of my positive experience, my family is now considering this hotel for our "home base" for our summer, 2013, vacation. Highly recommended, especially if you are going to visit the Space Needle or the EMP museum. Oh, and the monorail (which you can catch at the Space Museum, will take you to within 4 blocks of Pike Place Market. (A little gem offered by the front desk staff and employed by me).

1  Thank HoosierTravelers08
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This hotel is just a few blocks from the Space Needle. The streets are a bit odd with the one ways, they just made the GPS work a bit harder. The hotel has a very strange design, with two separate "tower" sections that are not connected. If you are in the rear section, the front elevators will not reach your floor, so you either walk all the way through to the back on the third floor, or do what we did--just walk outside the building, then use your card key for access to one of the many outer doors as this is much more convenient. The floor design is really odd. The fitness room is in the back corner of the rear building, it is small but adequate. Parking is tight, both surface and garaged, and they really did not disclose that there was a $15 per day charge until I checked in. The breakfast was expanded and really good with fresh fruit. Here is your tip: book the one bedroom suite rooms,mother have a fireplace (gas), a stove, full sized frig, microwave, sink, toaster, coffee maker and dishes. Ask for a room with a view of the Space Needle, they have a small patio too and you may get lucky and get a view of downtown also. I say this because there are some really lousy rooms on the first floor on 5th that have no view and are dark. For a few dollars more, using your AAA card, you can get a 1 BR suite for the same price as a stinky dark standard room. Lots of restaurants within walking distance as well as Key Bank and Seattle Center.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor 1 BR suite room with a view of the Space Needle.
4  Thank nadojeff
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn quite a few times now. Pretty much every time I'm in Seattle for business I stay here because it fits right in with what my company will pay for a hotel. It's not an awful hotel as it has the usual Hampton Inn amenities but it's also not a great hotel for a few reasons. The first reason is that they have rooms literally right at the street level. As I'm writing this review there is a tour bus of teenagers exiting a bus right outside my room. Not the best way to end an evening when you'd like to get some sleep, and definitely no privacy. Second, as others have said, it's a hike to get from parking to the front desk. That wouldn't be so bad if there was actually parking that would fit a modern small to midsize car. I'm not exaggerating when I write that only Smart cars will fit in their parking garage. And it's such a deal for $15/night to park (why not just build it in to the room rate?).

It's not a bad hotel due to the proximity to I-5 and there are a few things nearby to try for restaurants but it definitely isn't the most happening neighborhood. And especially be careful when asking for a room as you are either right on top of the street (as I am), staring at HVAC units (the last trip), or getting a bird's eye view of the 7-11 behind the hotel (my first visit). I have yet to have a great room that has any privacy and I get the feeling that being a Hilton Honors member means absolutely nothing to this Hampton Inn.

This hotel is fine but I definitely wouldn't book it if you want a place where you can relax and get some work done in your room.

2  Thank PaulC1978
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My sister attended a Pottery convention in Seattle, and I decided to join her and explore the city. Because of the convention, all the hotels closest to the convention center were full and The Hampton Inn was the closest we could find on short notice. The Hotel was near the space needle and a monorail trip away from the downtown core (convention center). Keep in mind that on weekends, the monorail doesn't run until 9am.The hotel is on the major bus routes, and the buses are frequent to the city core. I arrived at The Hampton at 8:30am, exhausted after an early morning flight and our room was ready for me upon arrival. This was well appreciated! The hotel was more economical than the other chains in the downtown core, but wasn't lacking quality. Our room was squeaky clean and very comfortable. The staff members were friendly, helpful and cheerful. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful. There were 2 computers for guests' use in the lobby. The area around the hotel (Queen Ann Ave.) is very trendy and has many fabulous restaurants, a great market (with organic selections) and a wonderful cafe (top notch coffee and organic- gluten free baked goods) just across the street. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for anyone who doesn't mind being on the outskirts of the downtown area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank aloriah
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Checked into this property for a week of business travel. Unable to get a room at the two Homewood properties which are where I usually stay when in Seattle. Hotel is half renovated and a challenge to find during rush hour traffic. When I finally found the hotel, the parking garage was full as 1/2 of it is being used for construction equipement storage. Had to back all the way out of the garage and proceed to the other parking garage. That is when the fun surprise occured, you can't get to your room from the P2 garage. You have to hike with your luggage back up to the hotel lobby, then get the elevator to your room. This is not fun in 3 inch heels with a laptop, suitcase, and other stuff. Probably won't stay at this hotel again in the future. Also, no fridge or microwave in room....

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mypowers
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel is perfectly situated for getting to events at Seattle Center. We were attending the dinner show at Teatro ZinZanni, which was a very walkable 4 blocks away. Accomodations were clean and the staff extra friendly. The Breakfast was good and the food regularly refreshed by a zealous attendant. My only complaint was the antiseptic odor on the hallways and especially near the elevator (4th floor). I've experienced this in other medium-rate hotels, but here it was especially strong.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple