“Great Location for Seattle Center!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #22 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed at this Hampton Inn two nights, October 30-31, 2011. Our room was well-appointed and comfortable. We were on the fourth floor, and it was pleasantly quiet.

The location is ideally located close to a number of restaurants, as well as being just one block away from Seattle Center and McCaw Hall, where we were attending a concert. We felt very safe walking back to the hotel from the Hall. In fact, we left our car in the secure parking garage the entire time we were there, and walked everywhere.

The buffet breakfast was well-appointed, and the staff was diligent in not letting the food run out.

We will definitely stay there again when we visit Seattle.

Room Tip: Depends on floor preference. Our room on the 4th floor (the lobby is on the 3rd floor) was convenie...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,049)

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Excellent location (see my review of the nearby Crow restaurant). Only a few blocks from the space needle. Traffic a bit of an issue due to construction, but I assume this is temporary.

Staff very welcoming. The rooms were very nice and clean. Amenities are as expected. We had a nice view of the space needle.

Parking is problematic. There is a $15 daily charge and the spaces are all made for compact vehicles. Don't even think of parking in the garage. We saw one guy back right into a post as there is very little space to maneuver a vehicle.

I would stay here again, but would explore off-site parking lots.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

After a long road trip and still having to travel to get to my destination, I stopped at the Hampton Inn for one night to get my energy back. This is yet another good chain of hotels. We were given covered, locked parking and were allowed to leave the car for hours after check out. The breakfast was fine, this hotel is right near the Space Needle, Convention Hall and rock and roll museum. It is possible to walk downtown, take the bus, monorail or $8 taxi ride.

Seattle hotels are not cheap, this was one of the most reasonable ones in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Downtown Seattle. Although our room was an 'Inn' so standard size, the bathroom was nice and the shower was great. Their complimentary breakfast is terrific . . . omlets one day and scrambled eggs and sausage the other and they have coffee and hot water for tea or hot cocoa 24/7. And we loved the fresh baked cookies in the evening. Fitness room has a treadmill, bike, stairclimber and eliptical which worked for us. Location is just five minutes from downtown. Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed October 18, 2011

This hotel is in excellent shape. The renovations are finished and the final product is nice and comfortable. We found the room spacious and everything was clean. The breakfast was good and the employees friendly (even with a 6 am maintenance call because I couldnt get the hairdryer to work which turned out to be operator error.)

The only bad thing about this hotel is the location, granted its actually affordable so I would stay again, but the "Downtown" part is misguided. It is a quick walk to the monorail which will take you downtown but it is not in downtown Seattle.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

I read reviews before I stayed there. I was worried about construction noise after reading some reviews so I called hotel 1 week before I stayed there. They said 1 side of the property has done renovating and lobby area is also done. So I requested renovated room and I got it and it was very comfortable room. However I noticed that you can easily hear noises from hallway to your room. But I don't think hotel can do anything. You just have to have luck not to have noisy guest staying in your floor!!

All the staff I met was friendly and professional. I wanted to note that James who I discovered later that he is general manager of this hotel was very helpful and caring. I was walking sidewalk right by this hotel and there was glitch on the sidewalk and I fell really bad on the ground. When I came back to the hotel, he came out from the front desk and said "Are you alright??". I was surprised to find out that he knew I fell because where I fell could not be seen from front desk area.

Then he told me that his office's window faces to that sidewalk and he saw whole things!! i was very very embarrassed!! Not knowing he was general manager but he immediately got first aid kit for my wound on palms and gave me cookie to cheer. he reassured me and made me so comfortable.

I work for the big resort in Hawaii but never saw any general manager work this hard and caring and personal. Usually they would tell people what to do and they would not do anything on their own, So I was really impressed!!

Thank you, James! After 2 weeks, finally my wound closed up and healed.
When I stayed there again, I would definitely stop by and say hello to you! Mahalo!

Room Tip: Little walk to Space Needle where you can get monorail to town but also you can easily get on bus ri...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The hotel is undergoing a lobby upgrade. Construction was present, but quiet. The rooms are freshly remodeled. Breakfast was good, above normal Hampton standard. Location is right great being right next to the Seattle Center and walking distance to downtown.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business