“Awful.”

Ranked #84 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Portland, Oregon
“Awful.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

When I travel for business I'm easy to please. A clean room where I can shower, sleep and go to the bathroom is all I need. So it takes a lot for me to give a place a bad review.

The good: the guy who checked me in was very, very nice. The toilet, sheets and towels (paper thin) were clean. Free, good wi-fi signal.

The bad: The couch smelled so musty that I put a towel over it before sitting on it. I couldn't close the bathroom window because the latch was broken off. The shower was filthy and didn't drain; I stood ankle deep in water. If you're lucky enough to get the loosely-termed "suite" you can see the downtown skyline off in the distance, just over the adult video store. All of the other rooms look out on the boarded up motel across the street. The vinyl backing was falling off the curtains, which made for interesting light patterns on them in the morning. And a lampshade had these weird, old water stains. I'm only assured by the fact that the stains went all the way around that it wasn't something more ... bodily oriented. Overall the place was just ratty. I really liked the thick, one inch wide border of ancient dust that circumnavigated the entire room, right where the vacuum cleaner can't reach it. Also, the motel can't be blamed for this, but the traffic noise on Hwy. 99 is terribly loud. This is also the first time I've ever seen what can only be described as wilting plastic flowers.

I stayed here once before a couple of years ago in a non-smoking room that smelled like an ashtray. Buzzing refrigerator kept me up all night. Never wanted to stay again, but I didn't make the reservation this time and didn't recognize the name until I drove up to it. At which point my heart sank.

The room was cheap. $59 in Seattle awfully low, but you'll get what you pay for. I didn't give it one star because I've stayed in worse. (Nothing will ever beat that awful stay in the thankfully-now-closed Pacific Motor Inn in Springfield, Oregon!)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bothell, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Avoid this place like the plague! We found about 100 small, black ants all over our room. When we brought this to the attention of the manager we were told that we brought the ants with us and they refused to help us. We were not comped and charged the whole $75. The staff is rude, unhelpful and the rooms are disgusting. There were ants carrying food around and we had not even eaten in the room!!! Worst experience EVER.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

The room I was given was excellent. It was spacious, clean and comfortable with good amenities. The bathroom was very good. The reception service was helpful and friendly which was important as I was a newcomer. The WiFi service was good. The staff were super-nice, had a chat with you and helped you with anything that you needed. I had to cancel early and Jonathon (staff member) was wonderful in helping me with that. I wished I could have stayed longer as the room was so good and the service excellent.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Brookfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

The hotel was a little older, but still clean. They offer coffee and some pastries in the morning. Its about a 5 min walk to the bus which takes about 15 min to get into the city. I had a bicycle with me and made the bike ride from the hotel towards the city which took about 20 or so minutes. If you don't mind taking the bus into the city its a great hotel for the price, if you want to be right in the city I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Dan717
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

I had read some good things and some scary things about this place. Upon our arrival, we noted there was a vacant hotel across the street. Itwas covered in graffiti. We had some concerns whether our car would be safe.
The guy working the front desk was freindly and helpful. He was quick with our reservations and had good knowledge of the area. The room we had was clean but smelled a little funky. Lucky it was a nice day and we could open up the windows and let it air out. After that it was tolerable.
The location was close to bus stops and not far the the Fremont district. You could walk there but be advised, the walk back is uphill.
If I find myself in Seattle again and need a cheap place to stay, since no one tagged my car, this will do.

Room Tip: For the best rate, book in advance.