“Nice shuttle service.”

south carolina
“Nice shuttle service.”
Reviewed October 18, 2006

DISTANCE
We were in seattle for a conference. The hotel is close to the convention center, it took me 15 minutes to walk there. convention center is 10 minutes far from the market place (walking distance)..so distance is not a big issue. Shuttle service of the hotel was nice, the drivers were very helpful, all we needed to do was to "call and let them know where we were" they came and picked up us. We prefered using the shuttle while going back to the hotel. The shuttle was available between 7am-10pm.

The hotel is 20 minutes far from the space needle (by taxi) at night traffic, so you pay around 12$.

Also, the hotel is very close (4-5minutes walking) to QFC supermarket (fresh food, bakery, drinks...) and close to the other nice little restaurants, like mediterranian food..

BREAKFAST
ok, nothing very special in terms of food - there is tea and coffee service at the lobby almost all day.... nice atmosphere. but again nothing special in terms of food.

ROOMS
very very clean! I really liked it! the bathroom, the beds.. everything was very clean. the pillows and the bed were very comfortable..it was a tiring trip but I had a very good rest! The room has fridge, microwave, cafemachine, and a sink-

COMPUTER
nice internet connection - printer available - but you cannot make change in a word document/powerpoint document on those computers.. they are for very simple uses..

• Liked — cleanness and comfort and closeness to the seattle university, great place to take a morning walk
  • Disliked — variety at the breakfast - for this price
  • Tips/Secrets — use the shuttle!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank saribeyaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Dublin
Reviewed October 14, 2006

After reading all the reviews about this hotel I booked it straight away for a weekend stay in Seattle. I was really expecting something wonderful but really the hotel is just ok. It’s nothing special. Breakfast is waffles, bagels, bread and cereal - nothing to get particularly excited about there. The free coffee is handy enough but really who gets that bothered about spending a couple of dollars on coffee during their holidays.

As we discovered Seattle is not one of those cities that is nice to walk around. The hotel actually looks quite near to the Space Needle but when we tried to walk there the route really looks like some sort of demilitarised zone, with no other pedestrians, four lane highways, pavements with weeds growing out of the cracks and rundown businesses. My visions of a nice stroll to downtown Seattle sadly came to nothing. If you don’t have a car don’t stay here, stay downtown.

I spent extra on an upgrade for a view of the lake but the lake is really not that stunning so it’s really not worth spending any extra on that. The shuttle is handy but it’s recommended that you book in advance and if you are downtown you have to wait for them to pick you up. As we preferred to do things on the spur of the moment we ended up getting taxis most of the time (there is a regular city bus service which runs past the hotel but I would definitely not recommend this after dark).

Basically this is just a regular 3 star hotel in a not very nice location. The free internet was handy (especially when we tried to rearrange our flights to see if we could leave Seattle early). The rooms are standard 3 star rooms, absolutely nothing fancy in the way of decoration, however in our upgraded lake view room the bathroom was so small that the sink was in the bedroom and there was no wardrobe - just a space with a rail and some hangers. Reception constantly stank of disinfectant.

I always spend a long time on Trip Advisor booking hotels before I go away and it’s never been wrong – until now. For the money I spent (including the taxis) I’m sure I could have found a deal in a much higher standard 4 star hotel downtown.

• Liked — free internet
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
7 Thank MK-Dublin
vancouver
Reviewed October 10, 2006

Well here it goes....my first review ever! My wife, son and I stayed over the weekend and we were all very pleased.

As mentioned in other reviews, the free breakfast, parking and shuttle service add great value to what is already a reasonably priced hotel. We booked online the day of our stay and got an unbelievable deal. When we arrived the assistant manager upgraded us to a king suite on the top floor with a view of the water. The staff were all friendly. The shuttle driver was very proffesional and courteous. The breakfast was quite bountiful for a continental. In short, no complaints.

I would also like to mention the warm atmosphere at Dukes on the waterfront. The food was delicious and the service was terrific.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank bengalz
San Diego
Reviewed October 8, 2006

We loved this hotel - it has a very home-like atmosphere which makes it nice when you are traveling or on business. The rooms are a good size, the bed was extremely comfortable, nice framed artwork on the walls. The elevator is on the slow side, as others have mentioned...

The area where breakfast is served is a great place to start your day with the typical buffet breakfast fare (cereal, waffles, yogurt, fruit, boiled eggs, cheese, etc.). If you want to get out of your room to read the paper later in the day or just have a great view of Lake Union and the seaplanes it's a quiet place to unwind.

Instead of using the shuttle I got a map from the front desk and the staff told me the easiest way to get to Pike's Place market. It took about a half hour to get there and was a nice way to see more of the city.

We ate at Chandler's near the hotel one night, sorry we missed happy hour, but had a great dinner.

Also an easy walk to the Space Needle and Experience Music Project. The bar/restaurant at EMP was good food, friendly staff.

Definitely would stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — elevator
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank chrisgene
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 7, 2006

My elderly parents stayed at the Silver Cloud on a visit to Seattle to visit us. They loved the hotel. Great breakfast, great coffee available all day. Nice view from their room. Attentive staff. They loved the free shuttle and used it to go to Pike Place Market and the Seattle Center. My son used the pool and we watched a Sea Hawks game on the big TV in the lounge. Parking was easy and free for guests. We will recommend the hotel to friends and relatives visiting Seattle.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank raincityfamily
arizona
Reviewed October 7, 2006

Our stay was absolutely fine - rooms were pleasant enough and very clean, breakfast buffet was typical (waffles, eggs, cereal, fruit), employees were very nice. The shuttle is a definite plus - very convenient both for trips to major areas and surprisingly quick for return trips. We had a room with a water view, but the water view is not really that great - I wouldn't make it a "must have" by any means. My only disappointment was that I love walking around neighborhoods and this hotel's location does not really lend itself to that.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank somanyplaces
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2006

I booked our stay through Seattlesupersaver.com . They are directly affiliated with the Seattle Visitors Bureau so they were pleasant to deal with too (when I didn't get an email confirmation as it was filtered out by my spam blocker I'm guessing). I have stayed there several times and always enjoyed it. The rooms are spacious and clean.
This was the first time we have stayed there on a weekend and a wedding party (not affiliated with the hotel), across the street, had music blaring as we were trying to sleep. After a call to the front desk about the noise we were advised that the music usually doesn't run that late- 11PM and they hoped it would be over soon. We were on the back side of the hotel so the noise would have a lot worse on the lake side, but I will NEVER stay there again on a weekend, so beware.
Their free shuttle service to the Space Needle and the Market and all around downtown is extremely convenient and well run.
And I forgot to mention the free and secure parking was great.

• Liked — very clean
  • Disliked — no opinion
  • Tips/Secrets — none