“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed April 23, 2006

This hotel is a great little find right next to Lake Union. The rooms are extremely spacious with a fireplace, frig and microwave.

The staff is more than accommodating. The fitness and pool area are also very nice.

Will look for another opportunity to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 9, 2006

I had a great three-night stay here. I requested a lake view room on the top floor and received it. The room was clean, quiet and well-furnished with a mini fridge and microwave.

The staff were professional and helpful, but not intrusive. Free parking in the gated garage was a nice perk, as was the business center with internet, printers, and fax. The 24-hour mini-store was really convenient for drinks and snacks, and when I looked at my final bill I was pleased to see that they don't gouge you on the prices for water and cookies.

The location is great; close to downtown, Fremont district, UW, and next to the Hutch.

I am a frequent traveler to Seattle and I liked the Silver Cloud so much that I signed up for their rewards program and will be spending all my nights there in the future.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
16  Thank LooseFooted
Reviewed March 26, 2006

The Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union is as good as the reviews appearing here. I planned a romantic getaway with my wife for the last weekend in March 2006. Well, when the baby sitting fell though at the last minute, we ended up going with our two kids aged 5 and 7. It wasn't the trip we had hoped for but it turned out to be a lot of fun.

We had a lake view suite which included a pull-out couch, king sized bed, fridge, microwave and TV in each room. Unlike the last reviewer, I really enjoyed the view of Lake Union. The sunsets and sun rises were well worth it for me.

The pool is great for families. It is bathtub warm and only 3 feet deep at the shallow end (which is pretty important if you are only four feet tall). There is also a whirl pool that was nice for a good hot soak.

The breakfast buffet was very good. We all enjoyed the make-your-own waffels as well as the selection of pastries and yogurts.

One of the best features for us was the free parking at the hotel and the on-demand free shuttle. Lake Union is very close to downtown. So, we were able to leave our car parked all weekend and just hop on the shuttle. They would drop you off where you wanted to go and come and pick you up when you were ready to come back.

The hotel is in a nice neighbourhood. We felt very safe walking at night. Across the street there are a number of very good restaurants right on the lake. We really enjoyed Duke's Chowder house (which was recommended to us by the shuttle driver). It had a kids menu, fast & friendly service, reasonable prices and good food. The noise level was pretty robust which is a real plus with kids.

I have to say that I think I have found my hotel of choice in the Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union.

23  Thank DoctorDan2
A TripAdvisor Member
Chester, UK
Reviewed March 26, 2006

We stayed here for two nights on the recommendation of others on trip advisor. We were very cautious because we were taking our two year old daughter and wanted to ensure that it was suitable. Well, it didnt let us down.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom lake view suit. It was clean, modern and spacious enough. We were suprised by the 42" flat screen tv on the wall when we opened the door!.

There was some road noise at night, not from the main road directly below, but from the free-way behind, but this didnt spoil our much needed sleep.

The pool was fine, clean and towels were available in the pool area.

Like others before, i agree that the lift took ages to arrive at times, which was mildly frustrating!. The courtesy bus was excellent and always available.

A great hotel!

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 10, 2006

Let me echo all the wonderful reviews of the Silver Cloud Lake Union. First of all, it is all of maybe a mile or two from downtown. Given that they have a FREE shuttle to take you anywhere downtown or vicinity you might want to go - that's really no issue at all. Plus being outside of the downtown grid makes it more peaceful, more quiet, and much less expensive.

The room was comfortable and large for this type of small hotel. The indoor pool, while I did not indulge, seemed very nice and is open 24 hours a day.

There is also a free continental breakfast with, along with the usual stuff, make-your-own waffles, hard boiled eggs, and cheese. It's held in the third floor "view" lobby with a lovely view of the marina and lake.

The "lake view" room is nice, but you are on the opposite side of the street from the lake. So it's not like looking out right over the water. It's over the street, and the marina, then the water. So, in my opinion, it's not really worth the extra price.

The staff was uniformly excellent and helpful. The lobby is lovely with very interesting coffee table books on various places.

I'd say the only "complaint" I had was the one main elevator was very slow. I often had to wait for a few minutes. Although, it's only 7 stories high so I did take the steps a couple of times. There is another set of elevators somewhere, but I didn't take the time to find them.

If you are flying into Seattle, don't take the shuttle service offered at the airport. It was like $28 and stopped at a number of hotels. The hotel offers a town car for $35. For an extra 7 bucks I prefer the private service.

Anyway - stay here when in Seattle and save $$ compared to a downtown hotel!

17  Thank Traveling_Dragon
Reviewed January 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed here one night and thought this place was lovely. It has a clean modern aesthetic -almost Japanese in style - that produces a soothing effect not unlike a spa. The room was spacious, light and airy, with full amenities. We really enjoyed our stay as brief as it was. We also stayed at The Sorrento which was wonderful as well - although on the completely opposite end of the style spectrum. I probably prefer the old world style of Sorrento, but Silver Cloud is a beautiful hotel with a lot to recommend it. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2005
12  Thank Robin Lynn R
Reviewed November 21, 2005

My husband was a participant in the Head of the Lake Rowing regatta over the weekend of Nov12-13th. We have visited Seattle many times in the past, as it is my home town, and truly this hotel was the best in this price range. Our room overlooked the lake, view of the Space Needle, and Gasworks Park. We had a hide a bed sofa, and a very comfortable bed that was not hard(!) and the sheets actually stayed tucked in. It was very clean everywhere, from the carpets to the grout in the bathroom. Little things mean alot. The breakfast room was large enough to accomodate the entire Duke womens crew for their pre race meetings, and the staff made sure there was always hot coffe, cocoa, a nice mix of tes and fresh fruit, even after the girls came through. Breakfast was waffles, yogurt, bran muffins, fruit and more-very nice! The van took us all the way downtown exactly when we wanted. I wish there were more of these hotels where we travel to, and we travel often for pleasure. This hotel will be our base for Seattle stays from now on.

• Stayed: November 2005