“Nice hotel, nice service and rooms, parking free from spots tiny”

Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union
Ranked #10 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Hope
“Nice hotel, nice service and rooms, parking free from spots tiny”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My family travelled to seattle for a portion of our group to attend Comicon. The rest of us went to the zoo. This hotel was nice and centrally located. The rooms were big and beautiful and the staff very attentive. Our only complaint was the parking. it was free which was appreciated but the spots are tiny and our vehicle was a van. Very difficult.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Provided just what I needed for my business trip to The Kois Center on Lake Union: breakfast, great service with a smile, shuttle bus to tourist sites, pool. As soon as I reported a slow drain maintenance was on top of it. This is my third visit and if I come back to Seattle I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want to pay extra for a lake view ask for one of the side rooms that still have par...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and really enjoyed a lot of the amenities including free breakfast and free shuttle to downtown. My room was a very nice size with 2 queen beds, a couch and desk. The only downside to this hotel is 2 of the receptionist in particular, both skinny dark haired girls. On arrival, they did not tell me where the elevator(s) were or anything about the breakfast. After asking about the breakfast hours, I received a very snippy answer. When asking about the shuttle they acted like I was bothering them and gave me the minimum information possible. I was told that the shuttle leaves every half hour and I just need to show up. When I showed up the next morning, I was told (this time by a nice receptionist) that I needed to sign up for the shuttle as there was limited space. Would have been nice to know beforehand as I was headed to the airport and needed to get their early. I do like this hotel and would stay again, but believe that these girls in particular need some schooling in hospitality management. The other staff at the front desk and the drivers of the shuttle were great to converse with and were very good at their jobs.

Room Tip: The street traffic is very noisy so choose a high floor and use a white noise app on your phone.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Lauren R
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Very happy with our stay. Rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was good. Beautiful views of the lake. Parking was convenient and free. Great price, especially for that area. Also really great that there is a shuttle to the downtown area. Pool was closed for renovations when we were there, but look forward to using it in the future (and is open 24/7)!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel because of the free parking, but the very competitive price combined with a fair all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet (eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, waffles, fruit, yoghurt, muffins) free in room wifi (which was fast and reliable), an indoor pool, and a convenient location makes this hotel a real winner for me. Definitely the first choice for me on future trips. Rock was large, bed comfortable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Yelm, Washington
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed at the Silver Cloud on Union Lake at least twice per year, as previous. We usually have had an extended stay, four to ten days, and we loved staying at the SC on the beautiful lake union. It is so close to down town and has shuttles that take us where we need to go for shopping and call ins for restaurants when we do not feel like going out, and literaly across the street to great restaurants. The concierge could use some training to be more familiar with the local venues! The last two times we stayed we were incredibly dissapointed. The staff were just all children with no respect for the clientel, and were so concerned with visiting with themselves they couldn't be bothered to care for the guests. When we asked about guest services all we were told, is "We don't know about those things" I welcome a call of apology from MANAGEMENT! As a business manger myself, I will never again book any rooms through this venue, If you see this review, I have not yet been given an apology!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank CammeleCarey
LakeUnionManager, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you encountered. All guest reviews - positive or negative - provide an excellent training opportunity for our staff. Your comments are much appreciated and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Staying here while my son recovers from surgery, really living in the room. Front desk staff always pleasant and helpful. Cleaning staff prompt in cleaning our room when we leave for a couple of hours. Love the fitness area and 3rd floor breakfast area/lobby. Will become our hotel of choice on visits to Seattle.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family