We were staying 2 nights in Seattle, one day before our cruise and one day after our cruise. Seattle has a lot of hotels, but after coming across this hotel, somehow I felt this was the one for us. Our flight arrived at 12:40p.m. and we arrived at the hotel about 1:45p.m. and they were happy to check us in early. I asked her to confirm our reservations for our second night's stay, and yes they were there. She then asked if we were going on a cruise and we made some friendly small talk. Our room was well appointed and had beautiful views of Lake Union, the sea planes taking off and landing and downtown Seattle. Loved the french doors that opened up to the tiny balcony and the wonderful views. Shuttle service was prompt and friendly and tried to answer every question passengers had. When asked on the first evening where a steak/seafood restaurant within walking distance was, we were shown several menus. After deciding on one the shuttle driver offered to give us a ride. On the way he called ahead to the restaurant to get us on the list. When we got there and sat down they brought us an appetizer compliments of Silver Cloud Inn-Lake Union. Now that was just beyond anything I would expect of a hotel, it really just took our vacation to another level of enjoyment. Check-out was a breeze, we asked them if they could please call us a cab, unfortunately their shuttle does not, to the cruise pier, and we will see you in a week.
The first thing when we returned that the front desk clerk said to us was how was the cruise and did we enjoy Alaska? It was 10a.m. in the morning surely we can't check in this early? I'd be wrong yes they could go ahead and check us in this early and with another awesome room, just maybe 4 rooms away from our last one. Same wonderful appointments in the room and same gorgeous views. I used the hot tub and pool with no problems, after so much walking that hot tub was a welcome relief and after the heat of the hot tub the pool was also refreshing. The continental breakfast was one of the best I've been to, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, yogurt, cereal, milk, bread and bagels and accompaniments. I'm sure I missed something there was so much and ample indoor/outdoor seating with nice views of Lake Union. We loved our stay here and would definitely stay here again in the future and recommend anyone we know and love to too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south end of scenic Lake Union, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Lake Union is two miles from downtown Seattle's finest shops and restaurants and just five miles from the University of Washington campus. The hotel is also located near Seattle Center and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is only a 20 minute walk to the iconic Space Needle. Most of the guestrooms have spectacular waterfront views of Lake Union and Seattle. All rooms have 42" high definition flat screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators and laptop safes. A complimentary Silver Cloud breakfast is offered daily in addition to use of our brand new fitness center. The hotel features an indoor pool and spa and offers local area shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Silver Cloud Hotel Lake Union