An extra clean and simple hotel. Casual with a free-flowing feel with great style. Very West Coast I would say.
Pros: Clean, free shuttle to/from Downtown Seattle, free wiFi and gated parking, concealed mini fridge and microwave in room.Indoor pool open 24 hrs.
Cons: No room safe, hard to find
My family (wife and 2 young daughters) stayed for 2 nights. Coming from Vancouver we wanted to spend a couple of says in Seattle for a weekend visit. We already had stayed at the Mukilteo Silver Cloud Inn so we didn't think twice when it was time to book.
I have to say that this is probably one of the very few hotels I've stayed in where we've felt compelled to take our shoes off instinctively just like home without even thinking it. Carpet looked brand new and really thick. Extra point!
Room was simple and unassuming but it looked like it was carefully decorated. It had a great thing that it had a mini fridge and a microwave inside the TV cabinet. Plenty of stationary and pens (if you have young kids you know how useful this is!).
Had a sink outside bathroom as well as inside. Average bathtub and Aveda brand toiletries. Have to say that the bathroom too looked like it was deeply cleaned.
Balcony window was a double door that opened in full swing.
The hotel has a gated parking just like the type that new high rises have. You have to wave your room key in front of a sensor to open the overhead gate. Parking garage is big. We never found ourselves out of a parking spot.
Has an indoor pool that is open 24 hours. Even though the water was definitely not warm for me , neither my 7 or my 4 year old's seemed to care. Pool area also has a hot tub which was a nice thing after an almost polar swim of 45 minutes with my little ducklings.
Hotel staff were very courteous and nice. They were always accommodating to our needs.
The hotel has a shuttle service to/from Downtown Seattle. They have several drop off points (space needle, Pike's Market etc..) which is extremely useful if you're visiting Seattle.
The hotel sits in a strip just across a marina parallel to the I5 and is not very easy to find if you're not from the area or you find yourself without a GPS.
All in all The Silvercloud chain is ALWAYS a guarantee if you're looking for something a simple and inexpensive but with lots of style and first class customer service.
Short and sweet: This is like a 4 star hotel who graduated from finishing school.
4+ smile hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south end of scenic Lake Union, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Lake Union is two miles from downtown Seattle's finest shops and restaurants and just five miles from the University of Washington campus. The hotel is also located near Seattle Center and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is only a 20 minute walk to the iconic Space Needle. Most of the guestrooms have spectacular waterfront views of Lake Union and Seattle. All rooms have 42" high definition flat screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators and laptop safes. A complimentary Silver Cloud breakfast is offered daily in addition to use of our brand new fitness center. The hotel features an indoor pool and spa and offers local area shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, JackRabbit Systems, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Silver Cloud Hotel Lake Union