“clean and comfortable”

Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union
Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 15, 2013

What a pleasant surprise to find a reasonable hotel with easy access to all we needed to do. The construction in the area is a negative (for traffic, not noise), but this will be done at some point and not an issue. The hotel was bright, clean, and very comfortably furnished. The free breakfast was standard but nicely presented and the free parking was a huge plus. We also used the free shuttle service which was very reliable and helpful. The streetcar is also available in a very short walk.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view of Lake Union add an extra dimension; there is always something to watch.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I just tried to make a reservation at this hotel and the man who answered the call was very rude and refused to help me. He demanded I use the website and told me that his computer was not working however when I kept insisting that I was having a hard time finding even the rates and begged him to please at least help me find the rates he finally said okay and told me what website to go to and with the worse attitude proceeded to 'walk me through' the rate section (after telling me he could not help me because his computer was not working, which was obviously a lie). The entire time that he was telling me where to go in the website he was rude, short and condescending so I apologized to him for even asking him for his help as he was obviously acting as I was inconveniencing him in the hope that he would change his demeaning attitude towards me, but he did not, he continue been rude and disrespectful. So I asked for his name and he refused to give me his name so I told him that I would call in the morning the next day to report his rudeness and he said he did not care and to go ahead and call and then hanged up on me! I have never been treated to horrible and with such disrespect! All I wanted to do was to make a reservation and get the rates the hotel offers before I make my reservation.
I decided to book my week stay with another hotel who was happy to take my reservation. I figured if the employees at Silver Cloud Inn at Lake Union treated me like this so rudely over the phone, how would they treat me when I am actually a guest at their hotel? I don’t want to have to put up with rude and disrespectful customer service for an entire week so I will just give my business to someone who wants my business.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nikkilicious
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at the Lake Union Silver Cloud recently and the event we attended was in downtown Seattle. Getting to the hotel from I-5, from the hotel to downtown, and back onto I-5 to return home was a huge, time consuming challenge. Not sure when the reworking of Mercer Street will be finished, but worth checking before making a reservation. Otherwise, this is a very acceptable hotel for the price. Parking is free and the breakfast is not fancy, but works. If your business is north of the hotel, you're most likely good. But anything south (including Seattle Center, downtown, Safeco Field, or Century Link Field) you'll face difficult traffic problems.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DandPinWA
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have stayed here twice now and will stay again and recommend it to friends. The hotel I in a great location. The rooms are large and very comfortable and clean. We arrived early and they were able to get us into our rooms, the have a late check out of noon, which was awesome. The best feature for us was the shuttle. The drivers were friendly and took us to places downtown that were not on their list of destinations. We were able to get around effortlessly, without using our own car even once. Complimentary breakfast was a great treat and is served till 10:30 am on weekends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kim420
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Booked this on Hotwire and was pleasantly surprised to get a good rate on such a nice hotel
The rooms a well kept and really clean. Beds were very comfy
Parking is underground and secure so no worries about safety
All the staff were so very friendly and helpful. Breakfast had a large selection of both hot and cold foods
And free shuttle to downtown was a bonus
Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Invisiblediva
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My daughter and I spent 2 nights at the Silver Cloud while she was checking out colleges in Seattle. The hotel is well situated, close to everything we needed to see, and very comfortable. We booked a suite (which allowed us to create 2 separate bedrooms by closing the sliding door) and we had a great view of Lake Union. The suite also had a gas fireplace which was a very nice touch. Free breakfast was also a welcome addition, but there's no restaurant as such, so eating out for dinner etc is the only option. However, there are plenty of good restaurants just up the road (in walking distance), so no big deal. The staff was both friendly and professional, and the whole experience very positive.

The only negative I feel worthy commenting about is the fact that the floors appear to be of some sub-standard construction method, which means guests in the room above you can easily disturb your sleep if they move around. Both nights we had somebody above us who arrived back late and the floor did very little to hide the noise of him/her wandering back and forth from one end of the suite to the other.

Other than that, the hotel is a well-equipped and comfortable place to base yourself quite close to downtown Seattle - and definitely cheaper than some of the competition.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are probably quieter, as the I5 runs very close to the front of the hotel. They also...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I knew last year that we were coming to Seattle, I just did not know where to stay. After doing hours of research I decided on staying here. There were other options that may have been on the surface cheaper but the amenities offered here are a very good value. We are a family of 5 and we reserved a standard 2 queen room. We had more than enough room and were very comfortable. The things that we loved about staying here were the 24 hr. pool, the delicious breakfast, and the free shuttle. Also included was free secure parking. We used the shuttle everyday of our stay, and even the last day of our stay. It was so nice to relax and ride the shuttle without the worry of driving in crazy traffic. We enjoyed our vacation so much we are coming back again this year.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family