The Silver Cloud at Lake Union is an excellent hotel for leisure travelers and very good for business folks. It is on the northern edge of downtown Seattle, a little too far from the CBD to walk to a meeting, but close enough to be convenient to the entertainment areas. Seattle Centre is an easy walk. Walking in Seattle has never felt unsafe. The location makes the Silver Cloud feel a little less harried than other hotels right in the core. We've seen a couple reviews mention that dining is hard to find in the hotel's neighbourhood. Not true. There at least 7-8 restaurants within a 10 minute walk. Most of them across the street from the Cloud, on the lake shore.
The front desk staff are almost always welcoming and enthusiastic. Occasionally though, the check-in crew will turn a little less welcoming when the room has been booked through Priceline or one of the other discount sites. Upgrading to a lake view room when a booking is done outside the Silver Cloud system can be a challenge.
A lot of good stuff is included in your room rate; 24 hour indoor pool/hot tub, shuttle to or from different spots downtown (take it to the baseball/football/soccer game and walk back along the water), a decent breakfast in a nice room, and free parking. This may be the only hotel in downtown Seattle that charges less than $25 a night for parking.
The rooms are large, with a fridge, desk and a great television. Everything is always spotlessly clean throughout the property. Aveda products in the bathroom. The lake view rooms with 2 queens come with Juliet balconies but the king rooms do not.
You are not likely to be disappointed if you stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south end of scenic Lake Union, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Lake Union is two miles from downtown Seattle's finest shops and restaurants and just five miles from the University of Washington campus. The hotel is also located near Seattle Center and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is only a 20 minute walk to the iconic Space Needle. Most of the guestrooms have spectacular waterfront views of Lake Union and Seattle. All rooms have 42" high definition flat screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators and laptop safes. A complimentary Silver Cloud breakfast is offered daily in addition to use of our brand new fitness center. The hotel features an indoor pool and spa and offers local area shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, JackRabbit Systems, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Silver Cloud Hotel Lake Union