“Simple and Close to UW”

and 1 more site!
University Motel Suites
Ranked #74 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This a great place to say if you're trying to stay close to UW but don't want all the noise that University Way usually offers. Would be great for larger parties, but even traveling alone it was a great stay. You get a lot of space for your money, almost like staying at a friend's place only you don't have to sleep on the couch. The furniture, kitchen and bathroom are a little worn but everything is clean and functional. I didn't bring a car, but I heard the free off-street parking is a huge bonus. Overall, I was very impressed with my stay. As they said on the website "A suite for the price of a room", can't beat that!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Katherine S

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Finding a hotel room in Seattle for close to 100$ in August appears to be nearly impossible, but this place offers small apartments at a reasonable rate in the university district. The furniture in the kitchen looks tired but is functional. Housekeeping service is minimal but all in all, if you want to keep your travel budget within reason and don't mind a 20 minute bus ride trip the city centre then this is a good option.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Halibut22
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at University Motel Suites for 4 nights this week. I got the 3 queen beds suite. I like it because there's a separate bedroom which worked out great. It is an older building. Beds were comfortable. I would recommend though to have a bigger knife in the kitchen. There was only a steak knife which made it hard to cut food to prep for meals.

The couple who's managing the place was very nice and easy to deal with...however, the cleaning staff is not very efficient. Our beds were not made 2 days. The comforters were still on the side of the room. Gave us fresh towels but did not clean the rest of the bathroom. I had my cellphone charger plugged and they removed it one morning and have no idea how they bent the tips.

Didn't have problem with parking under the building...but didn't feel safe parking there late at night...as the parking lot is in the back from a smaller alley and its wide opened. When we got back 1 night, there was 4 guys hanging outside the parking area and we had to get closer to them to enter the stairways. Luckily, there was 4 of us....i wouldn't know if i would have gotten out of the car if i was by myself. I would recommend having the parking lot enclosed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was so excited to find this place with 3 queen beds, a kitchen, and free off-street parking near the University of Washington in Seattle. The managers were very kind when I called and everything went well with our stay. It is an older building with dated cabinets, etc, but it was clean and large and I felt safe there. There was easy access to the freeway. Walgreen's is half a block away, and Safeway is one block away so there is no problem getting groceries or other items. The Wi-Fi worked well. The best part was that this suite was less expensive than the other options I was looking at that would have required one of our kids to sleep on the floor, and would have charged for parking. We were very happy with the University Motel Suites and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Bountiful5
Reviewed August 29, 2011

If you care more about space and convenience than decor, this is the place! It was obviously built as an apartment house rather than a hotel, so there is plenty of space and storage in the rooms. The place is old-fashioned, never was stylish and never will be, but it is comfortable and useful. There is a kitchenette and basic cookware, though we never used them.
Your first impression is not likely to be favorable - the office is down a long corridor that is the least well-kept in the place, but the staff were friendly and helpful. Parking is free but may be difficult if you have a large vehicle, since it is a tight turn from the alley to the lot. Note that there are no elevators - we were on the third floor, so it was a bit of a hike with our luggage. That said, the place was quiet and a good value, and we will certainly go back when we are next in Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Richard F
Reviewed August 7, 2010

It is what it is: a 50-year old three-story walk-up apartment building, converted to a hotel. Old, but pretty quiet (no traffic noise) and spotlessly clean. Nothing "ick". Appears to be very well managed. Updated amenities-- new sinks, new toilet. Each suite has a standard hotel air-conditioning unit. Very roomy, you definitely won't feel cramped. Suite's completely furnished, including all kitchen utensils. Kitchen cupboards are the shellacked pressboard ones that were common in the 60s. Again-- not fancy, but a super decent bargain for a good night's sleep. Wifi was up-and-down, but worked for the most part. Sattelite television worked fine. Parking is unsecure, but we had no problems. Room key opens door from parking garage to hotel, but the door was left unlocked for some reason. Tip for those who need to sleep late in the morning: tuck the bedroom curtains onto the window sill, and the room will stay dark.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank dwighta
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I usually stay at 3star plus hotels and was on an extended trip and needed a low-cost room w/ kitchen. This place makes me smile. It is a total throw back to 20/30 years ago and the deco shows it. It reminds me of my mother-in-laws basement and smells a little like it. It may have been outdated but it was CLEAN. The kitchen was great and within 1/2 block of Safeway. There was free parking underneath (a little tight but I had no probs w/ my sedan). The full size fridge, oven and microwave made staying on a budget way more fun. I don't want to leave out: lots of room, free internet, helpful staff, super location for UW visit. The price was great, the bed was comfy and I totally will stay here again.
-Even if the Crowne Plaza is available.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family