“Beware of theft”

Ranked #68 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Beware of theft”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We enjoyed a pleasant stay here for several days until we realized of few of my husbands baseball cards were missing. We were advised not to leave these in the car and they did not fit in the hotel safe. Therefore, we had no choice but the room. He is extremely meticulous and we had several eye witnesses to the fact that he had them in his possession. We reported the matter to the hotel manager, and while she was helpful and filed a claim, nothing was ever done to compensate us for the loss. Instead, the hotel insurence company called us and argued that we could not prove anything and the two suspects (only ones with access to our rooms) had pleaded innocent. We had no further follow-up from the hotel. Overall it was a very unpleasant experience and I will never stay in another one of these hotels. We actually stayed her in the summer of 2012, but I did not write a review until now.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank A J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear A J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It is regrettable that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that I have documented your feedback and this will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure similar incidents be avoided in the future.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week with our 7 month old son. It was a perfect location to walk from to most all places we wanted to visit. There is a Walgreen a block away and many restaurants. The space needle is a short 5 minute walk along with several museums and the monorail. You really couldn't ask for a better location. At the hotel we requested a crib for our son; it was waiting for us in the room. Perfect! The breakfast was great and parking was good as well. We really couldn't have asked for a better place for our trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We are traveling with a group of students, high school band and orchestra good kids. They were in the pool and asked to quiet down so they did...the kids even were quieting themselves because they didn't want to get 'kicked out' however management did it anyway. When we took it up with the hotel manager today they said the pool capacity is 10 people (there are no posted signs, they just picked a number I think.) The hotel knew who was coming....don't take the reservation if you don't want them in your hotel. Very rude hotel management in my opinion and I would NOT RECOMMEND for families!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Munchykin428
Gerald G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I am very sorry about your experience and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. I assure you that we love having school groups, teams and families stay at our hotel, but we do want everyone to be safe while having fun. Due to safety issues we do need to limit the number of people in the pool at one time. We will fix the issue of signage for that. Even though the pool is not located near guest rooms we did have complaints from folks in the lobby about the noise. We normally let people have as much fun as they want but when another guest complained we needed to address it. I am sorry you felt that we did not address it properly and I will be training the staff on how to handle it better. We would love to see you come back in the future.

Yoshi Takaba
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here several times on visits to Seattle, but our most recent stay was in January 2014. We were attending the Justin Timberlake concert at Key Arena and didn't want to deal with the expensive parking at the venue so chose this hotel as it was within walking distance. The rooms are simple but clean and one of the great appeals for us is the free breakfast. They offer cereal, toast, muffins, yogurt, waffles, and even eggs and bacon and it's all complimentary! The hotel is within walking distance to the Seattle Space Needle, Key Arena, Experience Music Project and is a short drive to downtown Seattle and Pike's Place. This is one of our favorite hotels when we come to Seattle.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glendyne R
Jalna, India
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A very decent hotel, neat and clean. Ideal for short visits to Seattle, situated close to downtown and the staff is very friendly. Breakfast and internet services are managed extremely well. A must consider hotel for business and leisure visits.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Elma, Washington
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had to come here to Seattle for a treatment that I needed to receive at the virgina masion hospital and I loved how close it was to the hospital due to the fact that the morning of my second treatment I was in bad shape the beds were so comfy I would've enjoyed myself more if I weren't sick at the time but am defiantly going to come back again just to visit Seattle and have a better experience and am going to stay here again

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kamaria91
Los Angeles, Ca
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Lets just get down to the point....is the stay decent? YES...room is clean...has all your basic needs met...and if you forgot a toothbrush as I did...one will be sent up quickly!

Service.....Outstanding! Even though there is not enough staff to handle heavy volumes...the guest have no idea. I only discovered it because the phones were very annoying. They were ringing every second as I was trying to check in and the poor manager was doing an awesome job of multi-tasking and taking care of everything.

Parking...It has increased to $15 a day...but good luck on this one... finding parking its VERY limited. I had to create a space as most cars did....

Location....It was easy to get to from the airport, close to downtown, the space needle and museums.

Breakfast....for what it was it was good. Hot and plenty..those people made sure the space was clean and attended to. Nothing ever ran out.....I was impressed honestly.

This was my first trip to Seattle and my first Holiday Inn stay...and I was overall happy and would stay again just based on customer service! Brianna...girl you work super hard!

Room Tip: Ask for room 611...it had a direct view of the space needle!