“Perfect Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
Ranked #66 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A very decent hotel, neat and clean. Ideal for short visits to Seattle, situated close to downtown and the staff is very friendly. Breakfast and internet services are managed extremely well. A must consider hotel for business and leisure visits.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had to come here to Seattle for a treatment that I needed to receive at the virgina masion hospital and I loved how close it was to the hospital due to the fact that the morning of my second treatment I was in bad shape the beds were so comfy I would've enjoyed myself more if I weren't sick at the time but am defiantly going to come back again just to visit Seattle and have a better experience and am going to stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Kamaria91
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Lets just get down to the point....is the stay decent? YES...room is clean...has all your basic needs met...and if you forgot a toothbrush as I did...one will be sent up quickly!

Service.....Outstanding! Even though there is not enough staff to handle heavy volumes...the guest have no idea. I only discovered it because the phones were very annoying. They were ringing every second as I was trying to check in and the poor manager was doing an awesome job of multi-tasking and taking care of everything.

Parking...It has increased to $15 a day...but good luck on this one... finding parking its VERY limited. I had to create a space as most cars did....

Location....It was easy to get to from the airport, close to downtown, the space needle and museums.

Breakfast....for what it was it was good. Hot and plenty..those people made sure the space was clean and attended to. Nothing ever ran out.....I was impressed honestly.

This was my first trip to Seattle and my first Holiday Inn stay...and I was overall happy and would stay again just based on customer service! Brianna...girl you work super hard!

Room Tip: Ask for room 611...it had a direct view of the space needle!
1  Thank Meechie2cute
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My young son and I specifically travelled to Seattle to enjoy the Seahawks Parade. The front desk staff offered us parking for our vehicle well past the check out time to accommodate for our need to stay parked until well after the parade finished. Also, I booked the stay on Holiday Inn Points and when I found a billing error the gentleman at the front desk apologised, corrected it and even forgave some snacks we purchased the night before as a form of apology. We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The last time we stayed here was at the end of December 2013 -- we were moving out of our Seattle apt. and needed lodging while cleaning out and before flying back to Denver. As has been the case with our many other stays here, the location is very handy. We found the beds comfortable and, for the price, a very good value. Parking is an issue everywhere in Seattle and having to pay $10 extra per night was just fine -- since we needed the convenience of a car.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear ConnieBuck,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about the great value for our hotel. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge their good stay.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Was there on business, check-in was painless and efficient. In general the hotel is well worn, there was dirt in the corners, paint was chipping, I'd guess it has been about 7 years since it was refreshed and they don't spend much on maintenance touch-up, etc.

Room was clean, fridge worked fine to keep a few drinks cool, towels were clean and plentiful, heat worked ok at best. I hate it when the fan turns on/off with the thermostat, just about the time you get accustomed to the noise it stops. Room smelled fine, corridor definitely smelled like smoke.

Breakfast was good, staff at breakfast were great, everything was refilled ASAP.

Front desk staff were great, always helpful/friendly when calling a cab, arranging a safe (USE the SAFETY deposit box, note the others reviews, no in-room safe). NOTE this is a Holiday Inn product NOT a Hilton or Marriott product their standards are only one step above motel 6 standards.

I didn't need to park but is seemed the parking was limited and cost $10/night.

Room Tip: I found the non-view room to be quiet, you face the Holiday Inn that is separated by an alley.
1  Thank SF3-Hou
Gerald G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

SF3-Hou,

Thank you for the review. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we have met your expectations and where we fall short. I do regret you found our hotel not refreshed. We are just about finished with a renovation. On a positive side I am glad you found our staff friendly, and efficient. You were here on a great week with the Hawks winning the Super Bowl. Thank you again for your feedback.

Gerald Garcia

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My first stay at this hotel was the week of 1/5/14. I came into Seattle for a few days on business. I had such a good experience with the staff and my room that I rebooked for my return a couple weeks later!
My second trip to the Seattle area actually had me working farther away, but I was willing to deal with the traffic and longer drive into work for the hospitality that I knew I was going to receive, and I was not disappointed!
Everyone on the staff that I talked to during my second stay was polite and helpful! I only had breakfast once, but the food was pretty good.
I personally did not experience any road noise issues, I was on the fourth floor in a room with an amazing view. Bed was comfy, loved the mini fridge and microwave. For me parking was not an issue, and I came and went at all different times of the day/night.
Hotel is in a great location for walking! I walked all over to hit up some of the tourist stops during downtime. Had a great time overall!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank BeardedCrowe

Michael C,

Thank you!! I enjoy seeing these reviews and defiantly appreciate your feedback. I am very pleased the staff was polite and accommodating. One point i really wanted to thank you was for staying with us despite the distance. I personally appreciate the loyalty. We do try our best to ensure you have a great stay and this time it seems we have. Thank you again for your time.

Gerald Garcia