“Service so bad I will never use Holiday Inn again”

Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
Ranked #67 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Menlo Park, California
“Service so bad I will never use Holiday Inn again”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The only positive for this hotel was a good view (but many hotels in Seattle have that). The rooms were outdated and moldy. Hallways had no AC and elevator was too slow to bother. The clincher was the total lack of service. Hotel staff made mistakes on my reservations after I called ahead to confirm and pay for it. They blamed us for their mistake and were unhelpful, making us wait hours for a correction after initially wanting to turn us away even though the booked rooms were available. I called Holiday Inn corporate and they promised to rectify the situation and compensate us, but didn't deliver. I will never book at Holiday Inn for my employees again, and our next time in Seattle, we'll stay at one of the nicer and more reasonably priced neighbors.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank SixtyThree63
Gerald G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
SixtyThree63,

My apologies for your experience. I personally embarrassed to see this happened. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact me at your leisure.

garcia@hotelconcepts.us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
british columbia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at the end of December. Overall, we liked our stay. Front desk staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was as good as one would expect in a 2 - 3 star hotel. Breakfast staff worked very hard to keep the supplies up. The room size was very decent for a two-queens room. Everything was very clean. With 3 of us in the room, it worked really well to have the sink outside of the bathroom.

We mainly walked most of the time, so we parked our car at the hotel. Therefore, we did not have any problem with finding parking. It takes about 20 minutes to brisk walk to downtown shopping area and about 30 to Pike Place. The hotel could hire a town car for you to go to local places at a flat fee between $8 - 10. We paid $10 each trip to the Pioneer Square and Pike Place. We don't know how much it would cost with a taxi, but figured that it's $2.75 to get on a bus for each person and there's 3 of us. So $10 seemed like a good deal.

Internet was always slow in the evenings. Garbage truck always woke us up in the mornings, but we all fell back asleep (may not work that well for poor sleepers?)

Overall, I would recommend this hotel: good value for money (average of $110 per night, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, only $10 for parking).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank travelmaniac57
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Parking is limited, if you arrive late chances are you need to park in lot across the street. Disappointed that wireless internet doesn't work with apple products. The breakfast was good, with many choices.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Gerald G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dal28,

Thank you for your review. I regret your stay was less than satisfactory especially with the internet. We are looking into it and hope to have i resolved soon. I appreciate this feedback as it helps us to identify the areas we can improve.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Left our room after a brief rest to see the Space Needle. On our return we noticed our ipad and 2 chargers gone. My husband filed a complaint and was told the managers will have a meeting the next morning. I went to see some other reviews and read about the same things, missing electronics. Management should be more careful with the employees they hire. Seems like this thief is getting away from stealing. We have stayed in HI all the time in different places and this is the first time we have experienced such thing...disappointing!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank dette27
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear dette27,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very guest friendly hotel.
In spite of late arrival due to stormy weather the desk staff were very helpful suggesting close-by restaurants which would be open,
Complimentary hot breakfast had a good variety of offerings suitable for my gluten-free diet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Waconia, Minnesota
Reviewed December 15, 2013

First thing we noticed was the smoke smell thru out. As we got into our room, Carpet needed to be vacuumed the door to the bathroom is delaminating from water damage due to fact the shower curtain was falling apart. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The big plus was it was nice walking distance to the space needle & other attractions. The other bummer was a lot of construction around in the area, the road to the west was closed and a lot sidewalks where closed as well. your standard deal. I would stay again price is right and location is great. The location make this place.......

Room Tip: upgrade to the west room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerald G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
lnfette,

I regret you did not find our hotel to your liking. We are in the process of upgrading our hotel. I invite you to see us once the renovations are done and it is my hope you will find your experience memorable.

Chesley, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have traveled a fair bit this year with work and Holiday Inn has won the title of my go to accommodations. Holiday Inn Express Seattle was conveniently located to everything. The monorail, the Needle, and the Pink Elephant the most photographed site of Seattle or so I am told.

This facility was clean, friendly and service oriented but most important to our account department reasonably priced.

Thank you to all the staff that made our visit a true enjoyment. I will not need to look for other accommodations on my return to Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade from front desk because if it is possible they will make it happen.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business