“Nice Stay”

Ranked #67 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
USA
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was clean and quiet, bed was comfortable, good variety of TV channels, and wireless internet was flawless.

There are some minor flaws that the hotel can't do anything about like the slow elevator and small bathrooms. Also, the continental breakfast room is too small and has bad traffic flow. The breakfast is the standard HI Express, which I always like.

Room Tip: I liked 519, quiet and stayed fairly dark in the morning.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again soon! We'll try to hold 519 for you!

Darcy Hambrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

First time to Washington - stayed 2 nights with bf.
The hotel is in a good location, close to The Space Needle and monorail which will take you right into the centre of town, otherwise the walk in to town will take about half an hour.
The rooms were clean, staff friendly and helpful, and breakfast was the best continental breakfast I've had in The States.
The Internet was fine, so I disagree with some of the reviews in regards to that. I brought my own laptop, and needed their Ethernet cable for the 2 nights which they didn't charge us for, as long as you return it at the end of your stay.
Would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to share your comments! I hope you get the chance to come back to Washington to experience more of what we have to offer like our summer festivals Seafair and Bumbershoot! I look forward to hosting you again!

Neilton, Wa
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stay at the City Center HIE for every Seahawks home game. We are always greeted by the Friendly Staff, who are also very helpful in answering all our questions. Parking is safe and secure. Shuttle service to games is reasonable and convenient. Hotel is neat and clean. Rooms and service are Excellent. Prices are little bit on the high side unless you book through Hotels.com....watch site for sales. We will continue to book this hotel everytime we travel to Seattle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We love our regulars! Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel! We all greatly appreciate your loyalty and the time you took to spread the word about why you keep coming back. We look forward to seeing you again!

Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Besides the high prices, they initially put us in a room different from that which we reserved. Even the 'correct' room didn't match the online photos and description. The in-room jacuzzi was so tall that my wife couldn't make it over the edge to use it. The drain on the jacuzzi leaked so fast that I couldn't use it anyway. The fold out sofa bed was unbearable and dangerous; it kept folding up and bending. The room was noisy and we could smell people smoking. And this was their 'best room'!

The complementary breakfast was nice. The staff were polite and tried to help.

Room Tip: Be careful that the room they show online may not match what you get. The front room as noise becaus...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen F
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations. Please be assured that your feedback is important to me and I will use it to provide further training to my staff. If there is anything I can do to make it right with you and get you to come back to give us another chance, please let me know. We have several upgraded room types that you might find more suitable to your needs. Feel free to contact me directly to address this or any other concerns you may have.

Darcy Hambrick

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was our first time in Washington so did not know what to expect. The hotel was awkwardly placed in town and we had to circle a couple of blocks just to work out the entrance and exit to the place. The rooms were clean and tidy. The bed was nice and the breakfast was the typical Holiday inn express fare, which is ok if your not expecting more. The staff were very helpful and friendly and were able to organise for a shuttle to the baseball stadium at a great price.

Room Tip: Check for road closures first as this hotel is off a main thoroughfare and awkward to get to.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a nice clean centrally located hotel. They have a great free breakfast and the cinnamon rolls are wonderful. The front desk clerks were fine but housekeeping was a disaster. We are seniors and came back at 3:30 to rest up before going back out to dinner. Room was not made up. She woke us up at 4:00 to do the room. This happened twice. Also the claim of free internet is true if you can do anything at dial up speed. They have a maximum of 2 bars and frequently only 1 and it was a case of just forget it. I finally got an ethernet cable which is charged at $8 per day. It was ridiculous. Will not stay there again..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Normally I don't write reviews for hotels but figured that this one was worth my time. The hotel was easy to find with our smart phone navigation. We arrived at 11:30 am but was told that we could not check in until 3pm. We were able to leave our car parked in the their lot and we walked to the monorail that was located 10 minutes away from the hotel. To my surprise, I was given an upgraded room with the view of the Space Needle. Our room was facing the highway, but I couldn't hear the cars at all. This hotel also provided a free breakfast which I thought was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family