“Great location, fair price, good for a short stay”

Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
Ranked #66 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I spent one night in Seattle last week as a mini getaway. Depending on what you need to do/see this hotel will probably suit you well. I primarily stay in IHG properties due to the Priority Club program and that was my main reason for staying here. Having said that it is close to the Space Needle, shops, restaurants and I-5 interchanges. The front desk staff was quite friendly and they upgraded us to a suite on the west side of the hotel. Try to get this side as it will give you a great view of the needle especially in the evening. The bathroom was revently upgraded with a large jacuzzi tub and new tiling. The rrom also offered a fridge and microwave. Parking was pretty full while we there but we found a spot and for $10 it's a good deal. Breakfast was typical HIE fare.

Aside from the bathroom the room seemed a bit tired. The furnishings and decor are older. I'm not sure if it was just our room but the layout was not to my liking either. The bed is too close to the wall, the vanity is in the main sleeping area and there was no desk, just a round table. As we were there for a short pleasure stay it wasn't a big deal but it would not be great for business. One other minor irritant is the internet access. We could connect just fine but every time out iPads pwered down we would lose the connection and have to re-enter the password.

Despite all of this we will probably stay here again on our next rip. The location, price and Priority Club points opportunities more than make up for the shortcomings.

Room Tip: Ask for the west side for a view and a suite if you need a fridge.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! And thank you for sharing your experience publicly. We have several different room types from which to choose that will suit most needs. For our corporate traveler, we do offer studio suite and full suite types that have desks instead of activity tables. Also, as an added bonus, all of our studio suites have great views of the Space Needle! We will always do our utmost to ensure your room is to your liking and that you leave satisfied.

We hope you have you back on your next trip!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great location on the north edge of downtown, near Belltown, easy acces to I-5 in either direction. Breakfasts comes with the room. Parking is $10 for underground. Unfortunately they frequently oversell the parking garage and have an overflow surface lot. They do reduce the charge to $5, still cheap for Seattle, but it's a bit of a hassle to discover the garage is full.

Typical HIE, hot breakfast. Small pool, decent exercise room. Great access to 99 North.

Walking distance to all kinds of downtown shops/restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the West side of the building, it's a fantastic view of the Space Needle....th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank trvlr7311

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! Parking is certainly a challenge in our area. Because we have a limited number of spaces on site, we have to maintain a first come, first serve policy in the garage. As we approach our peak season, especially, we try to alleviate some of the hassle by monitoring the spaces that are left available. That way the front desk staff can inform our guests as soon as possible about the parking options. We are very fortunate with our location in that the area attractions are within walking distance of the hotel. Between that and the public transportation, cabs, and Ace Transportation, a vehicle is often not needed. But when it is, we will do all we can to make sure our guests are not inconvenienced.

Please come see us again!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

this is an above average hotel - a typical holiday inn express but better than most. The location is great and very close to the space needle and downtown. Getting here is easy and I'd stay again next time I visit. The staff were friendly and made my stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the space needle.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for your kind words! We have a lot of rooms with views of the Space Needle. Only a couple of room types do not. So, if you are looking to make a reservation with us, and you want a view specifically, make sure to book a studio suite, studio Jacuzzi suite, or our largest two bed, two room suite. Our king feature suite and standard two bedded rooms are on the alley side of the hotel. Also, a few of our standard king rooms have views, so you may request that. We just cannot guarantee it. Our guest service staff is always happy to help answer these or any other questions, too!

We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I came on a package from Clipper Vacation special, Hotel was walking distance to everything. All though I got a bit disoriented and due to the construction at the front meant that I had to run across the highway (Although my smart wife tells me there was a crosswalk). There is a back way through another hotel. Breakfast was good, really enjoyed the eggs. I think I had one of the only rooms in Seattle where you couldn't view the Space Needle, but I could see it from the small but nice pool. Staff was helpfull, assisting my smart wife with directions and advice on where to get President Obama's, and the First Lady's favourite chocolate.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank George M
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again in the future. Look for our King Tut package with Victoria Clipper, too!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I actually stayed in November, but in looking for another hotel on this site, realized that I should have written a review, as it was such a great stay. The rooms were well appointed, the staff were outstanding, and the hot breakfast added even more to the great value of staying at this hotel. The location is outstanding, making downtown Seattle a great walking destination. The parking was easy to use and reasonably priced. Really - I'll return again and again to this location when travelling to Seattle.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scott J
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel! It's greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Wasn't expecting a spectacular experience or anything, but this was a decent, clean and affordable hotel. Good service, good location.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! Please come see us again.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I left a review about being told I would get one room then didn't get what I was told. The manger called me and totally made it up to my family. Thank you sooo much.

• Stayed: February 2012