“Definitely Recommend”

Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
Ranked #67 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Stayed here for three nights in May prior to leaving on an Alaskan cruise. Check in was easy, the staff was friendly. Our room was on the 5th floor with a terrific view of the Space Needle. The hotel was within easy walking distance to the Space Needle and the monorail. There is a restaurant in the Holiday Inn next door and a Whole Foods about 3 blocks away. The complimentary breakfast had the standard fare. Overall we had a great stay and would absolutely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StPete_FLMark
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center

Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed here for the weekend of April 29. Room was clean and quiet. You do have to pay $10/day parking, however, anywhere you go in Seattle you have to pay for parking and it's approximately $6 for 0 - 30 minutes, so you're better off to park at the hotel and walk or take transit whenever possible. It was easy walking distance to our event at Key Arena, and felt perfectly safe walking back at 10:30 pm.
I did forget my computer mouse in our room and emailed the hotel. Jisoo the Executive Housekeeper replied saying they had found my mouse, which I'm very happy about! Shipping it is a 1/4 of the price of buying a new one!
I would stay here again, but I would try for a room that is not facing Aurora Ave. first. It's a very busy street and at times can get loud with the traffic, especially if it's raining.
Last, but not least, we stayed in a smoking room. If you need a smoking room you're going to have a hard time finding one somewhere else in Seattle!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I'm one of those people looking for hotels that are "clean and safe" at a reasonable price. HIE fit the bill.

It is located on a busy street (traffic noise except 2-5am) about 15-20 minute walk from the Space Needle, waterfront, and Westlake along streets with other hotels, apartments, parking lots. So not in the heart of tourist sites. Few pedestrians at night. Bus stops about 2 blocks away. Taxis cost $6-12 to downtown destinations. Parking as mentioned before.

We had the 2Q bed, 2 bath suite. The bedroom was large enough with vanity in room. Second full bath at entrance to living room. Living room had door to separate from bedroom and contained couch, coffee table, small table with chair, TV. Microwave, frig, and sink near door. Stain on living room carpeting. Rest of rooms seemed clean. We had one mechanical problem that was repaired the day we reported it. Maid replaced towels despite our hanging them up each day. She missed our room one day, but I think it may be because part of our party checked out. Room did have an odor, so we opened the windows each day while we were out. Traffic noise was loud to me so I ran the fan and wore ear plugs.

Staff was extremely helpful with the reservation, check in/out, area questions, etc. One person seemed to be in training and needed some work to understand urgency of guest requests, but I think she'll get there under the guidance of the rest of the staff.

Pool was tiny (did not use). Exercise room basic (did not use). Breakfast room seated 60 with some variation in the hot food each day. I thought it was generous. Free wifi and two computers/printers in a small room.

A friend got a snack/drink at the adjacent HI and said it was fine.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2011

The location is good - right by the Space Needle. We walked to it both days and had a lovely time. I liked not having to drive and pay for parking. The parking was pretty full and we had to wait for someone to leave but it didn't take long. The rooms were spacious - we had a bedroom with a separate sitting room and a sleeper sofa. The breakfast was fine - standard cont. breakfast but there was not enough seating. It was fine for the price and the quick trip to see the Harry Potter Exhibit at the Science Center. The pool is very small but the kids still loved it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a weekend in December. We went out all day and came back to the room after dark and found bed bugs on the floor, in the bathroom, and our luggage. The night manager confirmed that there were bed bugs in the room. We left items that had become infested with the hotel to treat and have them mailed back to us. We thought this would be an adequate solution, but as of now we are still missing a suitcase, backpack, laptop bag, and other smaller items that the hotel can now not find!

Be weary of the management staff here as they are unreceptive and extremely unhelpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MRutherford1984
Reviewed April 2, 2011

They have almost everything we need, such as clean rooms, good breakfast. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Got a great deal from hotwire, which is under 70 a night.
The 2 queen bed room doesn't have a view, but is quieter and has better/newer beds. The King bed (mini?) suite is a little bit larger and with a view of space needle which is awesome but facing the highway with tolerable noise level.
The breakfast room staffs are really nice; they always give our kids cookies when we got into the breakfast room with a smile.
Overall, a great stay and happy experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Check in was ok with no problems. The room was clean and neat. There was an air purifier on the ceiling in the hallway that made a electrical crackling sound each time we walked under it that scared my 8 year old. Maid service was spotty at best. The breakfast was ok in the mornings but at times no place to sit. Check out was not good at all. We had a $42.00 refund due and I stood at the front desk for 20 minutes waiting for the clerk to complete the refund. Our cab was waiting and I was told I had to sign something. The general manager came over and even then the clerk could not figure out the way to check me out. I had to leave as our train was getting ready to leave soon. I do not advise walking at night with small children in this area. It is close to the Space Needle. About a 15 minute walk. I would not stay here again due to location and service issues.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family