“Needs better Beds & Cleaning Service”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 6, 2010

It's an ok hotel for a family since it has more room and kitchen facility. I travelled with 3 children so we booked for two rooms. Since they gave one King bed suites, I requested for a rollaway. Anyone would agree that it was a terrible quality bed. The mattress was so thin and bad quality that you can feel the springs on them. I returned it and just used the sofa bed and that also was a poor quality. The mattress sank in and my son could not rest well. The cleaning service was not satisfactory either. When I came back at the end of the day, I found the room organized but the bathroom floor wasn't properly cleaned. My husband wasn't happy with the situation and he particularly didn't like the breakfast buffet where there were too many people and not enough food.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown

Reviewed July 5, 2010

Good hotel. Stayed here post an-Alaskan cruise. Located very close to Pier 66 (Norwegian's pier).

Hotel room was good sized. Loved the suite format. Room was clean and comfortable. Excellent hot breakfast - had eggs, sausage, tater tots, tortillas, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juice, muffins, toast, etc.

Great service. I needed to get change (changed $20 into all $1 bills) to take the seattle bus to see some sights with the family - front desk was very accomodating in giving me change. Super helpful!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2010

This is my second stay at Homewood Suites on Western Ave. Once again it was a very consistent stay. We arrived at Seatac airport on Alaska Airlines. Took the light rail to the Westlake Center Station and then took the monorail to the Seattle Center. From there we walked 4 blocks downhill to arrive at Homewood Suites. (All with a rolling suitcase a piece!) Check-in was smooth and friendly. We arrived in time for the nightly reception and light dinner. (Beef teriyaki, salad, and a glass of wine!) The room was nicely appointed and very clean. Walked to the wharf that evening. The next morning ate the complimentary breakfast. We took the shuttle to pier 91 for $5 a person. I will definitely stay at Homewood Suites again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hellokittyluver
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I've used Hilton Honors points for each stay so I can't comment about the price. The front desk staff are so helpful w/ restaurant recommendations, tour info, etc. The rooms are great & I've never slept on a more comfortable bed. You have to walk a little to get to Pike's Place, Space Needle, waterfront, and the other Seattle attractions but you're in a much quieter neighborhood. I love coming back!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We arrived early in the morning after a cruise to Alaska. The front desk was very helpful about taking our luggage for storage (it was 9:00 and rooms weren't ready), giving us a newspaper and offering breakfast before we went out sightseeing. The hotel is pretty conveniently located, it took around 15 minutes to walk to Pike market but was also on a bus line. The neighborhood it's in is called Queen Anne and has a lot of restaurants and pubs within walking distance. If you like Italian food there is a great little restaurant a two minute walk away called La Dolce Vita, highly recommend it. The king suite we had was very spacious, decent size kitchen, living room with pull out sofa, king bed with nice bay view from the bedroom, large bathroom with lots of counter space. There is a small business center off the lobby with free internet, printing etc. The hotel offers a free breakfast which was different and pretty good all three days we were there. They have a free buffet dinner during the week but we didn't use it. I'd stay there again, thought it was a good deal and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mebohio
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Stayed here for one night en route from Vancouver. Very impressed with the friendly attention from all employees at this hotel from the room attendants to the Manager on duty. Very good value for money as full buffet breakfast is included in the tariff as well as beer/wine and small evening meal. The room we were given was clean, large, very well appointed, and extremely comfortable. Earlier in the month stayed for five nights at the Homewood Suites in Pike Street but would recommend the Downtown suites first if friendliness and attention is important to you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Hello,
Even though I had a reservation for a non-smoking unit and although I was only able to check-in at 11pm there should have been a designated no-smoking unit available. ALAS,
there was none, and I had to spend the first night of my three-night stay, in a smoke-smelling, headache- and cough- producing unit, which was most unsatisfactory.
The unit itself was spacious and clean, but the air conditioning outlet was unbelievably directly in the ceiling over my bed !!, causing an annoying draft all night long.
Apart from the above, everything else was fine.
John Vanderlee, Vancouver, B.C.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo