“A Lovely Hotel on a Busy Street”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 24, 2014

As soon as I walked through the front door, I knew that customer service is emphasized at this hotel. Every single staff member was friendly and welcoming. This hotel is well kept and attractive. Location-wise, it is a pleasant 25 minute walk to the Pike Market and less to the Space Needle. Our room was clean, spacious and had a firm but comfy bed. We could see the nearby ocean from our room. The breakfast buffet was probably the best I’ve had at any hotel. The complimentary, light supper, was also tasty and much appreciated (take note that it is only available on weekdays). The only thing that might prevent me from staying at this hotel again is the noise factor. The airflow and heating system seemed unusually loud to me, but that could be turned off. Unfortunately, the street noise was equally intrusive. I live on a quiet street and I am definitely not used to the constant traffic noise. Other than that, everything at this hotel is fabulous.

Room Tip: An ocean view is also a street view, so bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Really nice place to stay. Perfectly cleaned dailyas well as per your request. Kindest of people make you feel warm at breakfast or in the evening and are there to help you with whatever need you may have. Total respect to your privacy and needs. Really close to the city center, so well situated and organized. All and all a very good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Dawn M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review and kind words. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Seattle!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Enjoyed our stay. We had a nice view of the water from the bedroom and the bed was comfy. The complimentary breakfast was very good - one of the better complimentary breakfasts we've encountered in North America.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for the kind words and the great review! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay (and our cozy beds), and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel was great for me... suite was nice, hotel was quiet and staff was very friendly and helpful. It was very close to where I needed to be and a short distance down to the waterfront where there are all kinds of things to do and see....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to get out and see Seattle! We look forward to having you stay with us your next time in town.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Let me start out by saying we definitely had some problems but they compensated us for them so I gave them an overall score of 3 because of that.
We arrived with no reservation and agreed on the online military rate but we were charged a higher rate on our bill. They corrected that for us.
We also did not get any housekeeping services while we were there (2 nights, one full day) because there was some confusion with a privacy sign on/not on our door but they also compensated us a nights stay for that so those positives cancel out those negatives for me.
Overall the hotel was fine and the staff was nice. The location was close enough to everything for us.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is safe, has all the necessary amenities I needed for my one week stay convenient location wonderful and knowledgeable staff I plan on staying there again, and recommended to my daughter and her family when they come to Seattle next month for a family visit

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was very happy with the suite overall I was looking for a hotel with a kitchen in this area and Homewood suites was the only one that had this option 3 issues I had with the hotel 1) when I walked into room 307 it had a musty smell but then I got used to the smell just when entering the first time it was there 2)at arrival although I arrived after 11 due to a flight delay I had no help taking up our luggage and with 4 little kids it was a problem and the front desk wasnt too nice either. but then I figured well its late at night maybe the front door workers left for the day. 3) the second night we arrived at the hotel 2am (we missed our clipper boat frome victoria so we had to take a real hard alternate ruite.)and we had NO new towels our beds were made but we didnt get any towels I wasnt gonna bother the front desk cause when I called to ask the directions how I get to the hotel (I was already in downtown seattle just didnt know how I get to the hotel)he acted very annoyed and when we arrived he didnt even greet us. so no towels for us we had to use the towels from a night before (ok not that bad) 4) going home we didnt have help with luggage either and this was in the middle of the day. why doesnt this hotel have a doorman helping with the luggage? I cannot understand this I never had this experiance before. I should say that the girl at the front desk during the day was helpful and gave us directions. overall the hotel is nice the room was perfect for a family and I was happy for that but I think the front desk needs improvemnt and they need to hire doormen.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank yfgmom

Thank you so much for the review and making us aware of the frustrations that you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to all of our guests and apologize that we fell short. We have discussed your challenges with our team to ensure that they don't come up in the future. Again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your suggestions.