“Nice location and comfortable place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown
Ranked #38 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Initially I was concerned as we didn't get the room we reserved (a bay view) and the hallway on our floor was loaded with trash bags from rooms waiting to be taking out. But then things got better.

Room is very spacious for families. The breakfast and dinner option was great. We fed the kids dinner and then were able to enjoy take-out from a very good restaurant.

It was convenient and close to the activities that we wanted to do and we will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EricL97332
Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed at the Homewood Suites for 4 nights with my family while visiting Seattle.

Location - great location in the quiet residential area near Queen Anne. Walking distance to Seattle Center and all its attractions, across the street from a waterside park (great for taking a walk or morning run), and a very short drive to downtown. Safeway is only a couple blocks away as well.

Rooms - if you get bayside view rooms, you get a nice partial view of the bay. However, the bayview rooms also overlooks a main road and so you will have some traffic noise (the hotel double-panes the windows to minimize the traffic noise, which definitely helps but cannot completely eliminate traffic noise). Was not a problem for me, but if you are a light sleeper maybe an issue. If you get bayview room, try to stay on 4-6F. Any lower may mean louder traffic noise. Recommend to stay in rooms "24" (ie 424, 524, 624, etc) - these rooms are at a slight corner which means the bedrooms get 2 sets of windows instead of 1, which translates into much more afternoon sunlight.

Parking - hotel charges around $20 for overnight parking. Rather pricey. However, you usually can find free streetside overnight parking after work near the hotel. Just remember that there is a 2 hour parking limit between 7am-6pm Mon-Sat.

Food - free breakfast buffet each day and free buffet dinners Mon-Thurs. Big plus esp when travelling with a family. Food was surprisingly decent. Can be a bit crowded in the mornings so recommend to go early or just before closing.

Only negative from my experience was the housekeeping - some slip-ups from the staff (room not always cleaned very well, forgot to run dishwasher one day). Nothing major, but the staff could do better.

Overall would definitely recommend this hotel if visiting Seattle with a family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DT861
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Good value - good location - but several easily avoidable miss-steps left us disappointed. We checked in on a Thursday just after 3pm (published check-in time). They gave us the worst room in the hotel - right next to the extremely busy kitchen/breakfast area. We asked for something quieter - they moved us down the hall two rooms. It was much quieter - but we wondered why not give us this room at check in? The breakfast is above average with several hot-food options. Very crowded, we waited for a table two of three mornings - the breakfast crowd overflows into the lobby. Day two we had a paper bag of snack food REMOVED by housekeeping. Several people failed to follow through. Our third request for resolution resulted in a credit - but our confidence was gone by then. The furnace quit working - it reset several times to a 'Aux' setting which allowed the temp to drop 3 or 4 degrees; disappointing. Also, add $20 per day for parking if you drive in.

Room Tip: Street level can be noisy during weekday commute times.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was quite surprised by my stay here. My room was adjacent to the elevators and overlooked the front door. I figured I was about to request a room change but figured I would try it for a night. This was one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed at! The room was standard but the bed was heaven, I wish I could have taken it home with me. They advertised a hot breakfast and a hot dinner too, I didn't expect much since I've heard this statement before. I was wrong again. Scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausage with a couple types of juice and toast. This was every morning, some variation of eggs and all the sides, this was really good, and free! Dinner was another surprise, really good! Chicken and pasta, chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes. Chicken and pork fajitas with all the sides. This was all free and very tasty. I wanted to try some of the local restaurants but I was hard pressed to pass up these free meals at the hotel. I was very impressed with this hotel and will stay there whenever I'm back to Seattle.

Thank you Hilton!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jay B
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have spent five weeks recently in Seattle and stayed at Homewood Suites in Lower Queen Anne (Western Avenue W & 2nd Avenue W). This was my first experience at a Homewood Suites hotel and I found it to be quite excellent in all respects. The competent friendly staff made my visit most enjoyable. In particular, Chef Michael is doing an absolutely incredible job with the free breakfasts and dinners in the hotel's dining room--these include wine and beer. (This is not your usual tasteless "free breakfast" or "light hors d'ouvres" fare experienced in so many hotels.) Every day was a very pleasant surprise in terms of variety, quality, and taste. We had full, hot meals every day--Mexican, French, German, Chinese, American, Asian--and all top-notch--not unlike what you would get in a "fine dining" restaurant. When next in Seattle, I will definitely stay at this hotel--and hope to enjoy more of these fine meals prepared by Chef Michael. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for #424. Bedroom is very light and bright. It has a partial-bay view from one floor-to-ceiling...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went to Seattle for a short weekened getaway and stayed at the Homewood Suites. The hotel itself is very nice and the location is good. Short walk to the Seattle Center, a longer walk to Pikes Market (but very nice walk along the waterfront).

The staff was AWESOME! Our flight was cancelled and there was no issue staying an extra night. After I got home, I realized I had forgotten to get a receipt from the airport limo driver. I called the hotel and they were nice enough to get a receipt, scan it in, and e-mail it to me so I can get reimbursed. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great location. Within walking distance of the Seattle Center. Rooms were spacious. The daily hot breakfast buffet was delicious. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It's in a very nice residentail area in the lower Queen Anne. Easy walk to the Olympic Sculpture park. The only compliant is the rooms are not very sound proof. But we didn't have loud neighbor. So it was not that big a deal. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends