“Geez, worst business I've ever made!”
Review of The College Inn

The College Inn
Ranked #95 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Let's face it from a point of view of a student like me. Before comimg to Seatle I went to California, I paid in average 30 bucks for the rooms, and all of them had private bathroom and the room was nice.

This hotel had only shared bathrooms! I didn't notice that before booking and it was a terrible surprise...

The bathroom is awful, dirty and bad iluminated, just terrible.

The only thing I could say is that, if you need stay close to the university of washingtonand don't want spend much money so this hotel is for you, if not, get out!!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank sgtbreitner
christudor, Manager at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your posting. I apologize you were not informed to our European style hotel. The hotel was build in 1909 for the world's fair and is a national historic landmark. The building and bathroom's are architectural the same as 1909. However, the bathrooms have been modernize and are very clean. I encourage you to read the other reviews which show the property is charming once you are comfortable with its uniqueness.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you understand this is a bare bones hotel with shared bath you will find this a perfectly acceptable place to stay with a good rate. I reserved here thinking I was reserving the nearby University Inn and simply thought I got a good rate. I arrived and immediately knew I was at a different place. Need to get buzzed in and walk the 4 floors to "reception." Not a problem as this was an overnight and I only had a small bag. And being without car, parking was not an issue. What I found was a clean room with creaky wood floors, plain furniture, no tv, a comfortable bed with good pillows. And a sink in the room. I would have liked to see more than one urinal and toilet for the entire 2nd floor, but it wasn't a problem. This being an older building, I appreciated the ability to have windows that open. In fact my only complaint is about the shabby blinds. Gave the room a worn down feel but still they worked. Breakfast was fine: cereal, breads, toaster, some canned/frozen and fresh fruit. Limited interaction with staff was pleasant. Overall, for $71 and wanting to be near the UW, this was an inexpensive and perfectly fine place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Gawdpdx
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have stayed here 3x now. I live in the Seattle area and the place where I live in getting remodeled and sometimes, when I can afford it, I have to get away from the noise etc. This is a great location and I work at the UW so it is very close. I wish they offered a discount to UW employees, but their prices are reasonable for what you get.

Unfortunately, the last room I stayed in was not as clean as the 2 previous ones had been. The bedspread was dirty, the heater was broke, the window did not close all the way and one of the towels was dirty. This was in room 309.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lawwich
christudor, Owner at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

We are delighted to hear you are repeat guest. Please let us know when you book again and we can insure you a discount for your association with the UW. Thank you for your information about the room and we will guarantee you will have an experience similar to your first few. We appreciate the feed back.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Be advised.

You could fit a whole animal through the crack under the door, at least! Also, the "actual size" make up remover pads seem to have been removed from our amenities. The diagonally folded Kleenex that separated the cups from the dresser made me feel that they were applying some effort, but after trying to fold one from the adjacent box myself I realized that it had no significance to the "quaintness" of the room. Snore captain in the room next door informed us of the no insulation policy. The lack of hotel parking made sure that we were up by 8 am to move our vehicle. But in all honesty, the humor in the whole experience made it sort of entertaining... Oh wait. Also the furniture...

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Frederik09
christudor, Owner at The College Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate the feedback on your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience. We will be addressing your comments about the Kleenex and make up remover pads. We do have a solution available for parking issue that is available from our front desk.

I encourage you to visit us again. The hotel is an unique experience and as you can see from our reviews very enjoyable.

Please contact me when you would like to return and I will personally assist you.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The facility is kept very clean. Bathrooms are shared but people are courteous so no big deal. Great location. Most comfortable bed and pillow I've slept on in a motel. Slept like a baby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Charles W
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I booked the College Inn online and I was a little skeptical about staying there because it was so inexpensive. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was small but it was clean, comfortable and really quite quaint. OK, so the bathrooms and showers were down the hall. We didn't mind a bit. The breakfast was really good. The only thing that was problematic was not the Inn's fault. There was some construction going on next door and we awoke to the sound of jack-hammers at 7:00 AM. We had to be on our way anyhow so that was not a huge problem. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family