“Clean and safe”

Travelodge Seattle North of Downtown
Ranked #21 of 27 Seattle B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Close to the Woodland Park Zoo is the reason we chose this hotel. I was here with my 14 year old. We stayed in a new upper floor non smoking room. They are currently redoing the roof so there are a few ladders in select sections.

The room was clean, bed was comfortable. Good well lit parking. Staff were friendly.

The three negatives were the back window was frosted but there was no curtain so the early morning light woke us up, the reception and breakfast area smelled of smoke even thought there was no smoking, and the wifi although fast... kept dropping during what I'm guessing to be high usage times.

It's a good budget hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here August 19, 2012 with my wife. When we checked in, we found a ladder standing just in front of our room which never had been moved away untill we checked out. There was nieither a pen nor a paper in the room. When I called, the staff advised that I had to come to the front desk to pick them up. No coffee was allowed during using business center. However, those were only small things that I might tolerate. They did not accept cash. They just charged my credit card, saying that was their piolicy. The lady satff just ignored my complaint. I have stayed in many hotels but this is the only one that does not accept cash payment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank edmontonkim
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were staying in Seattle just for a stopover night and the location - just off of I-5 and outside of city proper with its traffic - worked very well for us. Clean, safe environment, although the bus stop just outside did gather colorful people late at night (granted, it was Fourth of July). Friendly staff helped us find a good spot to watch the fireworks without going downtown - as it happens, the second floor balcony of the motel is pretty much ideal. Good shower, fridge and breakfast. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jlaakso
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I haven't stayed in a Travelodge in over a decade and expected nothing. I am guessing that since the Wyndham buyout, a total remodel has taken place. Flat screen, fridge and microwave were clean and the free wi-fi worked. The breakfast was average. Room was very clean and the staff was a little impatient. Clean laundry room and plenty of parking. A bit noisy, but it is in a business area. A bit away from the freeway, but it's pretty much a straight shot. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Psmooselbear
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I enjoyed my stay there as I went to 3 Angels/Mariners games. Couldn't hear any street noise or people in other rooms. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The location off of Aurora was close to the 5, but would not recommend taking the 5 to here from Mariners games, it gets very congested through downtown. Better alternative is to take 99/Alaska Way which turns into Aurora. The breakfast was ok, but was enough to start the day. Would recommend to others as a value alternative to the hotels closer to downtown.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from Aurora would be the best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jake W
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was a little disapointed with this selection of hotels on my last trip to Seattle. The aqua green room with the bathroom sink outside the bathroom says it all. The complimentary breakfast was ok if you like having 8 seats for 12 people. I would have expected the room should have cost around $80.00 not the $119.00 as charged. On the positive side good location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WillyTRock
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Nice location north of downtown near the zoo. A bit of traffic noise due to the location, but nothing too bad. Size and quality of the room was perfectly fine for the price. Bathroom a bit small.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple