“Side Attraction to Burn Time”

Olympic Sculpture Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$70.00*
and up
Seattle Shore Excursion: Private City Tour
Ranked #44 of 466 things to do in Seattle
Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you are looking for a side attraction to burn some time or give you an excuse to stretch your legs in the rain you can do that here. Free of cost this sculpture garden take you through a variety of art on both dirt paths and paved roads. If you are in Seattle for a short period of time I wouldn’t make this a priority.

All reviews
in 75 reviews
"calder"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been to far better sculpture gardens. San Francisco. Dallas. Heck, we have some pretty great sculpture here in Houston. So as a sculpture garden, I was disappointed in this park; there aren't a lot of sculptures. But it was free, and it was on the Puget Sound, and there was a great storm moving through, so the panorama was amazing. I don't regret coming here; the photo ops were great. But the sculpture? Not that great.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I don't really "get" modern art, but it's fun to go look at the sculptures. My favorite thing was the beautiful area. I had a few hours to spend before going to the Pacific Science Centre one morning, and it was a gorgeous walk with a beautiful view of the waterfront. Very nice walking paths and very relaxing if you just want to take a step back and enjoy things other than the major attractions. Would definitely go again on my next visit.

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I am a huge fan of modern art, so I was very excited to see the park. As with all art, some of the pieces moved me more than others, but they were all beautiful. I especially loved Love & Lost and Wake. Wake is down near the amphitheater, so don't miss it. It's a hugely powerful piece! Others were a bit harder to access for me (like the Father and Son fountain).

In addition, a great view of the Sound, especially around sunset on a clear day, and lovely gardening.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Not being a fan of modern art, I am only intellectually appreciative of most of the work shown here, not emotionally moved by it. As another reviewer said, it seems odd to put giant metal hunks in a public space, then ask people not to touch. That said, this space is a treasure in the midst of the concrete and grit of the city. We like to walk, so getting here from the waterfront attractions is easy, and there are plenty of coffee shops on the way. I can feel my shoulders relax as soon as I pass the water feature sculpture at the lower entrance; my feet crunch on the gravel path and the sun sparkles off the water of Elliot Bay. We take a couple of the chairs provided, lean back under the giant red sculpture, and people-watch for a while. It's a very odd space, straddling the railroad tracks, but we always leave feeling refreshed.