“Walk down to see Puget Sound”

Olympic Sculpture Park
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
2-Hour Seattle City Tour
Ranked #68 of 467 things to do in Seattle
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been to far better sculpture gardens. San Francisco. Dallas. Heck, we have some pretty great sculpture here in Houston. So as a sculpture garden, I was disappointed in this park; there aren't a lot of sculptures. But it was free, and it was on the Puget Sound, and there was a great storm moving through, so the panorama was amazing. I don't regret coming here; the photo ops were great. But the sculpture? Not that great.

All reviews
in 145 reviews
in 75 reviews
in 32 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I don't really "get" modern art, but it's fun to go look at the sculptures. My favorite thing was the beautiful area. I had a few hours to spend before going to the Pacific Science Centre one morning, and it was a gorgeous walk with a beautiful view of the waterfront. Very nice walking paths and very relaxing if you just want to take a step back and enjoy things other than the major attractions. Would definitely go again on my next visit.

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I am a huge fan of modern art, so I was very excited to see the park. As with all art, some of the pieces moved me more than others, but they were all beautiful. I especially loved Love & Lost and Wake. Wake is down near the amphitheater, so don't miss it. It's a hugely powerful piece! Others were a bit harder to access for me (like the Father and Son fountain).

In addition, a great view of the Sound, especially around sunset on a clear day, and lovely gardening.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Not being a fan of modern art, I am only intellectually appreciative of most of the work shown here, not emotionally moved by it. As another reviewer said, it seems odd to put giant metal hunks in a public space, then ask people not to touch. That said, this space is a treasure in the midst of the concrete and grit of the city. We like to walk, so getting here from the waterfront attractions is easy, and there are plenty of coffee shops on the way. I can feel my shoulders relax as soon as I pass the water feature sculpture at the lower entrance; my feet crunch on the gravel path and the sun sparkles off the water of Elliot Bay. We take a couple of the chairs provided, lean back under the giant red sculpture, and people-watch for a while. It's a very odd space, straddling the railroad tracks, but we always leave feeling refreshed.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We walked down from our hotel on a Monday morning. Walked around the park and enjoying the huge modern sculptures. There are various levels in which the sculptures are located and the levels provide great views of the Sound. The design of the park blends in with the sculptures and views. We walked the park and continued to walk on the waterfront pass Elliott Bay, to Centennial Park, to pier 91, the cruise terminal. We walked a good three hours plus. But the views, sights and sounds made it a great walk on a crisp and cool day. No rain yet! One of the best free parks in Seattle!