“great meal”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Description: Spur Gastropub An intimate urban pub in Belltown. Plates to share. Cocktails to entice. Chefs Brian McCracken and Dana Tough opened Spur in Seattle’s Belltown in 2008 and already it’s been recognized by Food & Wine magazine as one of the country’s top restaurants. Acknowledged for turning out some of the best dishes and cocktails in town by local media, the Chefs were selected as "Rising Star Chefs" nationally by the industry insider magazine StarChefs. In addition to earning the attention of Wine & Spirits magazine, their cocktails have made Spur one of Seattle’s top 10 bars. The Chefs’ collaboration dates back to their time in the kitchen at Maria Hines’ Earth and Ocean restaurant, together on Hines’ traveling team at the 2005 James Beard Dinner in New York, and today creating their menus at Spur.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was a fantastic meal. The salmon crostini was life changing. I also recommend the gnudi. Wonderful staff as well.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visited on a Friday evening having made a reservation (only an hour before, but I'd made it and they accepted it). When I arrived however, the woman at front of house seemed very unsure if they were going to be able to find me a seat, so I had to wait until people left. She seemed very keen to get me to order a drink while I was waiting, and somewhat put out when i declined (I wasn't committing myself to anything until I knew I wasn't going to be faced with the choice of a long wait or going elsewhere). Once I was seated though (which took less than 10 mins) the food was great and the service matched it. I've eaten here before and really enjoyed it, I just hope the front of house crinkle was just that.

1  Thank britchick73
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had a late dinner with a friend and was really happy with the overall dining experience.......a few missteps with the plating (that is the cheffy side of me)...lemon slices with seeds and a massive parsley stalk (seriously.....do they expect me to eat this thing....:) ) The waiter was very professional and very adept at timing the dishes (10 in all) and their presentation.....MUCH KUDO's to him....they came out in the perfect order.......absolutely loved the desserts with the espresso shots.

I really have to compliment my wait staff on th is visit......very knowledgeable about the dishes and the order of presentation....very accomodating and loved the complimentary libation at the end of our meal.....good catching up visit and excellent meal......too dark to take pictures but you will enjoy your visit.......

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went to Spur in December 2012 while in Seattle for a meeting. I must say, start to finish, our experience was fantastic! Great craft cocktail selection, and a very innovative menu. The chef started us off right with a small gift from the kitchen of the salmon crostini, which was very flavorful and almost tuna-esque. I had the tagliatelle for my entree, and the pecan/white chocolate/bourbon dessert. We were a party of about 12, and everyone went away thoroughly impressed. You can be sure the next time I am in Seattle I will find my way again to this gem!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This little hideaway is a wonderful find. Every dish we tried was wonderful, but off the charts were the Smoked Hamachi, Salmon Crostini, and Pork Checks, and heard another table raving about the chicken dish. The drinks are creative. Lots of energy and great atmosphere. Make reservations as the word has got out on this small place and it's busy in the middle of the week. It is expensive, but the food, the service, and the atmosphere is Seattle casual.