Tripadvisor
Seattle
3,238 results
All reviews great hotel steam room convention center modern hotel pike place market pool and hot tub hotel restaurant within walking distance space needle valet parking corner room light rail would definitely stay here again few blocks heart of downtown capitol hill visiting seattle
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Beautiful aesthetics, not overly priced for excellent room size/design and amenities, will definitely stay here again when need to be in DT area. Model hotel planned/built for 100% sustainably, shows it can be done!!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
jenkallmeyer, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It can be done and we love that the Hyatt at Olive 8 Seattle was the first LEED certified hotel in Seattle! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review about your recent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Overall the stay was short but met my expectations. The room was clean the bed comfortable and the staff was very professional pleasant and helpful. The restyles while nice had a very limited menu in my opinion

Reviewed January 18, 2020

The Hyatt Olive 8 is a real gem of a hotel. Spacious, stylish rooms; excellent on-site restaurant and bar with 3-meal service; outstanding (serious) fitness room; and a spa worth trying out (I wish I had time this visit). Centrally located, just 2 blocks from the WA State Convention Center and an easy stroll to all points downtown, including Pike Place Market. But it's off the beaten path just enough for a quiet sleep. I'd stay again in a heartbeat...and plan to!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

I loved hearing that the Hyatt at Olive 8 Seattle sparkled for you! Your review was super succinct and covered all the bases. I know what you mean about Elaia Spa too. Every time I walk up the stairs and get within sniffing distance, my shoulders start to relax and I give a heavy sigh. An actual spa experience is 10x that feeling! I hope you have a chance on your next visit.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

I spent three nights at the Hyatt Olive 8 while in town for a meeting and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Staff are exceptionally cordial and do everything possible to make sure your visit runs smoothly. As a LEED-certified hotel, Olive 8 follows sustainability practices that I applaud -- for instance, no little throwaway plastic bottles of shampoo, etc. but instead large dispensers in the shower for shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. They've chosen a pleasantly-scented brand, BeeKind, for these and for the little tube of body lotion provided as well. Wastebaskets in the room help you sort your trash, there are low-flush toilets, and the hotel uses a system, familiar to travelers in Europe, that relies on insertion of your room keycard in a wall slot to turn on the lights. Remove your card to leave and the lights go out, an immediate power-saver. Furnishings are tasteful, the beds are comfy, and the rooms are remarkably quiet; there's excellent soundproofing between adjacent rooms and no noise at all from plumbing or heating systems. My one complaint, common to many hotels: bathroom lighting needs to be improved. I used the spa for a much-needed massage and can attest it's an oasis of calm with relatively reasonable prices. (Next time I'll remember to bring my bathing suit so I can use the pool or Jacuzzi). There's a handy mini-market and coffee bar in the lobby where you can grab a quick breakfast of pastries, bagels, fruit and yogurt. The market is accessible at all hours so you can make purchases of snacks and drinks late at night and the front desk will charge them to your room. I ate dinner the first evening in the hotel restaurant, whose menu had a nice selection of local wines. The restaurant automatically adds a 20% gratuity to your check but the wait staff do warn you about this. The hotel's location is a plus: just two blocks from the Washington State Convention Center, close to the monorail that takes you to the Space Needle and Chihuly Glass Museum, and in the heart of downtown Seattle's shopping district (think Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack). If business or a leisure getaway take you to Seattle, you really can't go wrong with Hyatt Olive 8.

1  Thank IntrepidAtlanta

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking all that time to let us know about your recent stay at the Hyatt at Olive 8 Seattle. Did you know that the Olive 8 was the first LEED certified hotel in Seattle? I hope you had a chance to have a look at our Green Roof too! It handles 75% of the rainwater that falls!

If you ever have trouble sleeping, consider pulling the blackout shades (available in all rooms!) and/or call Housekeeping and request a white noise machine, if necessary. Thank you for mentioning the bathroom lighting - I'll be sure to pass that comment on to Management.

It was great that you gave Urbane restaurant a try - we use locally sourced ingredients so when you dine at Urbane, you're getting a real taste of Washington!

We hope to invite you back soon - please also consider giving our sister hotel, the Grand Hyatt Seattle a try too...it's located just a block away!

Reviewed January 14, 2020

This is a very nice hotel, well run, with an excellent fitness room and pool. Only the sheets on the bed are not terribly good. But everything else was perfectly fine. I would stay here again with no problem.

1  Thank ldelooze
jenkallmeyer, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

This is a very nice review and I thank you for taking the time! I was sorry to hear that you didn't care for the sheets during your recent visit. Your comfort and happiness is our number one priority at the Hyatt at Olive 8. Please always feel free to call Housekeeping, they may have an alternative that will work for you.

I appreciate your comment about staying with us again and sincerely hope we'll welcome you back soon. You may also consider giving our sister hotel, the Grand Hyatt Seattle a try too, it's located just a block away!

Happy New Year - Have a great 2020 Idelooze!