“The Most Unique Hotel In Seattle”
Review of Hyatt At Olive 8

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #8 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 29, 2010

The enjoyment started when I found the off-ramp from I-5 and drove right into the garage within 5 minutes! The hotel was one block from the Grand Hyatt parking garage (which allows self-parking).

When we walked into the lobby, the newness and modern decor was astounding! We were given all the things we requested when I paid with Priceline (50% off a 4 star in Seattle is a great price). The room was amazingly modern and unique.

The location was within a few blocks of the attractions or it was on the connection. Ride the hop-on hop-off Greyline and you will be a native in no time. The fare is good for 2 days...so you can get the overview the first day and go back for details the second!

You may not save much in (liberal) Seattle since the prices are steep. However you can get a good deal through Priceline at this hotel and average it out!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JakePilot
HyattSeattle, General Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!! Great catch on the easy freeway access…it’s a nice secret of the hotel if you are driving as you can avoid downtown traffic! Glad that you enjoyed the décor and were able to see the city! Greyline does a nice job looking after our guests.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,573)

Reviewed June 28, 2010

Stayed three nights in the very spacious Preium 2 bedroom. Staff is great, very polite and helpful. Room is very clean and comfy. Nicely furnished with quality modern furn. Good location for restuarants and walking. Very nice spa

Cons: Room service messed up our orders on two ocassions but quickly corrected them. VERY sueeky bathroom door. Thats' all.

1  Thank Easystreet
HyattSeattle, Director of Sales at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2010

First off….sorry that we missed on your room service order twice. Once is too many and I apologize. But glad that everything else went well and I thank you for trying Elaia Spa!

Reviewed June 25, 2010

We had the privilege of staying at Olive 8 for a night before leaving for an Alaskan cruise. My husband, seventeen year old son, and I loved it! The location is great for walking in the city and to the waterfront, the hotel was swanky yet quiet, the bed was comfy, the fitness center was awesome, and the concierge and bellman really went out of their way to help us. I can't think of a single negative! Next time we're in Seattle we'll definitely stay here again! Thumbs up all the way around...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

And we had the privilege of hosting your stay! We are seeing lots more folks on cruises staying at Olive 8 before and after their voyages, we think it’s a great fit too!! Loved that you thought the bed was comfy, that’s a big goal of ours, and glad that you found the fitness center and guest service up to par! Hope to see you on your next big adventure!

Reviewed June 25, 2010

We booked a family package at the Hyatt At Olive 8 for 244 USD, in which a Premier Queen Room, breakfast for the whole family (two adults and up to four kids) and a kids snack upon arrival was included. My family and I arrived around 11.00 a.m. and the hotel let us check in early. We had to remind them about the Kids snack (it might be due to our early arrival) but the staff member was really nice about it and cookies and Vanilla milk was delivered to our room shortly. We had a large, clean and very nice corner room with views over the city. Our kids (2 and 5 yrs old) enjoyed the The Pool facilities very much.

The breakfast was very good but what was included in the rate was a bit fuzzy. When we first arrived at the hotel I asked the concierge about how the breakfast was arranged. He just told me to tell the restaurant that it was included in our rate. Then when we arrived there in the morning we asked the person greeting us the same question and she told us to ask our server. Our server then told us it was only a main course per adult that was included and that the children's meals would come on a separate bill, even though we said we had a family package. We ordered and she left. When we got the bill we asked again, as we were pretty sure the kid's meals were supposed to be included as well. She then tried to call the reception, but couldn't get hold of them, and told us to solve it at check-out. When we got back to our room we checked our reservation form, which said breakfast from the kid's menu was included up to four children. As we didn't know this, we had ordered from the regular menu for one of our boys.
When we checked out we told the concierge about this and we didn't have to pay for any of the breakfast. So, everything was solved in a good way, I just wish that it wouldn't have caused all that confusion.

Other than that we are very pleased with our stay at Hyatt At Olive and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. Sorry we didn’t get you your snack on arrival…you shouldn’t have had to remind us; my apologies. Glad the little ones like the room. But I am sorry about the confusion on the breakfast…and the confusion was definitely on our part. Again, you should not have had to remind us of the rules of our own package and I am sorry to have added that stress to your stay, but I am glad we got it sorted out. I hope that we will get the chance to see you again!

Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed three nights at this hotel in Seattle in a room at the 12th floor.
Our room was rather large, nicely designed and the bed was large and comfortable.
The service was friendly and we where able to check-in earlier than usual.
The location is excellent: just a few minutes walk from pike place market and it's near restaurants, the monorail and other downtown places.

The bathing room was large and included a walk0in shower (no bath).
The internet was not free and costs an additional $10 per day.

Bottom line: Great hotel, good location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beargo

Thanks for the great review! Glad that you had a nice stay. Happy to hear that the location worked for you and that you tried out the light rail! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2010

We only stayed here one night as a stopover - would have loved to stayed longer - as the property was fantastic. The location was pretty good - close to shopping - a bit farther to the Waterfront and Seattle Center - but a nice walk on a dry day. Very sleek and mod. We booked 2 adjoining rooms and it was very spacious - the second room had an entry hall with lots of space - great when traveling with 3 kids. The bathrooms and layout of rooms were well thought out and very comfortable. Liked the LEED features such as the key as a master "on switch" to prevent waste of energy due to lights left on, etc., green roof. Expected the floors to be wood or recycled hard materials as in the advertisement and web - but it was still carpet - maybe some type of environmentally conscious type of carpet? I did think it was odd that the shampoos, soaps and conditioners were still provided in the small bottles that end up becoming consumer waste. Thought that they would have refillable wall mounted containers in the showers/baths to prevent excessive waste. The Spa/lockerroom did have this feature.........and the spa, pool, fitness center were all TOP NOTCH! Would stay at this hotel for that feature alone. Great saline pool, fitness equipment, steam and sauna rooms and very well equipped locker rooms.

1  Thank Treetop_67

Thanks for the nice review…and by the way, I loved the title of your review, which I believe sums us up! Glad that you had enough room for the kids (I have three kids too…I understand). I am happy to hear that you appreciated the LEED features. We do have some suites with hardwood floors; however everything else in the rooms (carpet, walls, etc) were made with low-VOC elements. As for the bath amenities, you are absolutely right and this is something we are working on. Glad that you liked the pool, gym and spa!

Reviewed June 19, 2010

What GREAT service. I arrived before noon, and Stephen Bremish was at the front counter and said "I love taking care of Diamond Members"....best greeting I have EVER received!!!! The Portland Hyatt Place - http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/2010/04/hyatt-place-portland-or-april-21.html - could learn a lot from the level of service provided here.

Please see my blog at http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/

My room was not ready, but I did not really care, and when I returned that evening it was. The room set-up is kind of strange, I am not much "into" the modern look and feel in properties....but they have a great bed and the room is QUIET. It is not great to work in, and the Internet connection is just ok.

The guys who park the car are very nice, efficient (car is there when you ask), and good with directions.

The restaurant, Urbane, is great for breakfast!

Service is exceptional, and I would stay here again for sure!

Package (room) 179.55
Valet Parking 33.00
Tax 33.52

Total - $491.82 (2 nights)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Thanks for the great review! I took some time to read your blog; you certainly get around! We appreciate the comments of a veteran traveler. First off, I apologize that the internet was a little sluggish for you; I can imagine how critical that is, and please know that we are working on it. But I appreciate your nice comments on the greeting you received and the valet parking service. And thank you for choosing our restaurant Urbane. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Seattle.