“One of my favorite hotels!!”
Review of Hyatt At Olive 8

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #9 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“One of my favorite hotels!!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at the Hyatt at Olive 8 and it definitely will not be my last--one of my favorite hotels!

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean (yeah I know it's fairly new, but I've stayed at newer hotels that look like they've aged a bit) and the location is perfect! Pacific Place is around the corner, Nordstrom is 2 blocks away and Westlake Center was 3 blocks away.

Our room was the Deluxe King and located on the 12th floor. What surprised me was how quiet it was, we didn't hear any traffic/car noise or airplanes.

One thing I was kind of worried about (after reading the Trip Advisor reviews) was the water pressure from the shower. I don't know if we just got lucky with our room but the water pressure was great--no issues whatsoever!! The beds and pillows were also comfortable.

If I had to nit pick, the only thing I wish Hyatt at Olive 8 had is better cable--HD Channels. Most of the channels were not HD and the selection was rather poor, but I was able to survive.

Overall, this is my 2nd favorite hotel! (Pan Pacific is my favorite) I will definitely come back!

I think it's annoying that people keep complaining about the cost of valet and the fact that they have to pay for the internet--the hotel is located downtown and is a 4 star hotel, it's "normal" for these hotels to charge for these services in the city. If you want free parking and internet, look for a spot in Tukwila or any suburb.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We are delighted that you had such a great stay with us. We love that our central location allows our guests to have easy access to shopping, restaurants, Pikes Place Market, and anything else they might need or want to do in downtown Seattle. It's great that you felt accomodated by the room, service, and amenities as we always want to make sure that we are providing everything our guests might need. We would love to welcome you back on your next visit!

Guest Relations Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed December 5, 2013

From the valet parking, to pool facilities, room finishes and attached restaurant Olive 8 had everything we wanted. Comfortable, clean and close to everything. Very reasonably priced for all the bells and whistles.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stopped overnight in Seattle between train connections, and are so glad to have chosen this hotel for a break in our trip. It was spotlessly clean, comfortable and welcoming for two people feeling the grime of a several day train journey. We had a lovely dinner in the hotel restaurant before falling into clean white sheets on our king sized bed. The bathroom was very well appointed. We had to rise early to catch our train int the morning, and were concerned about finding breakfast so early. However we found there is a coffee / breakfast bar just off the lobby that provided us with fresh toasted bagels (other continental options also available) and tea and coffee we could take to go.
We had planned to use the spa, but alas were too tired, and just showered before tumbling into bed instead.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
Reviewed December 1, 2013

From now on this is my pied a terre while visiting Seattle.

Perfect size: Bigger than a boutique but smaller than a mammoth convention hotel (like some of the other big chain properties).

Cutting edge design: Sleek and contemporary with all the important technological touches (lots of power outlets on the desk) and LEED-certified. Interestingly, the iPod docking station has the old 30-pin connector for pre-iPhone 5 devices; so, I was out of luck! Some might describe the decor as sterile and impersonal; for me it's clean and unfussy. Pillow-topped mattresses are rather unique and take a little getting used to: You tend to sink into them giving you the impression that you're on a lousy mattress. After just a few minutes you realize how warm and snuggly these really are.

Fabulous fitness facility: I have never seen a hotel fitness facility that was as well equipped. I suspect the reason for this is that half of the building consists of private residences that probably have access to the facility; so, there are lots of LifeFitness machines in a very pleasant and spacious environment. Additionally, a 20 yard three-lane salt water lap pool is available which is incredible! This is the place to hang-out on a chilly, dark, and damp Seattle morning.

Great food: Urbane offers interesting and unique variations on standard breakfast fare at comparable prices to other breakfast venues around town. I loved the slightly spicy and crispy oven-roasted potatoes that accompanied an egg scramble loaded with wild mushrooms and fresh spinach leaves. In the evening a Pacific Northwest-heavy wines by the glass selection was competitively priced.

This is a wonderful property! For the several times I venture North from Portland, the Hyatt will be my home away from home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kiwitravelerpdx
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always aim to provide every amenity that our guests might need to make their stay comfortable and relaxing. At Urbane, we focus on bringing the freshest local ingredients to the table to make delicious seasonal dishes the express the best of the Northwest. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Seattle.

Guest Relations Manager
Washington State
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Staff is very conscientious and willing to go the extra to please guests. Complimentary items if needed are a bonus for out of town visitors. Complimentary umbrellas were appreciated as we forgot ours!!! The location to main shopping core is comfortable to walk and I have limited mobility. (If I can be mobile & get exercise without hyperventilating, I consider it successful!!!) The only criticism I have is that the refrigerator in the room is not for maintaining temps for food. It barely chilled liquids. The label on the front indicates this info. My opinion is why bother with a fridge if it isn't going to actually refrigerate?
The room was very clean & spacious. We were on the 4th floor.

Room Tip: Higher rooms may give more of a view, but the hotel is surrounded by skyscrapers and may not help un...
Green Features: This hotel is an eco-friendly hotel packed with amenities designed to decrease their eco footprint. Very innovative, comfortable and visually appealing décor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

A great stay while in Seattle for meetings at the convention center. I liked it overall - nice room, friendly but not cloying staff, quality restaurant. But the small things were nice too: outlets in the right places, a size small robe (yippee!), flip cap shampoo=thoughtfully executed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Westm0reland
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Our goal is to make sure that all our guests feel catered to in every way possible (including small robe sizes!). We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Seattle.

Guest Relations Manager
Neuburg, Germany
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Hyatt at Olive is convienient to the convention center, north of Public market. A modern hotel with very nice rooms and great corner rooms, go for them. Large with modern bathrooms and really a lot of space. The service is perfect, especially the front desk is perfect. Concierge is ok, not very much local. Because so many restaurants in the area I did not try the restaurant, the bar is good for a late night drink. Over all I can recommend the hotel for sure

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business