“Nice, comfortable stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice, comfortable stay”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at Olive8. Overall very impressed. Check in was superb, no porters to carry luggage but these days there are wheels on all luggage so no problem at all. Café and restaurant are excellent. Servers very friendly. Jonny at Urbane was very helpful in particular.
Our room was very big and modern, very nice bathroom with shower. 2 x comfortable queen beds.
No full length mirror which would be helpful. Lighting in bathroom not great for applying make-up and no printed TV guide or guide using the remote either. But these are small things.
City view not much to speak of. Just a sliver at the end but it helped to see if people were wearing tshirts or trenchcoats.
Most of the windows were directly next to office windows meaning we had to keep all the curtains closed which wasn't ideal. Frosted or one-way mirrors would have been preferable.
Room service was great - good food, friendly service.
Only one receptionist was a little difficult when my room key inexplicably didn't open our door. But everyone else was courteous and we enjoyed our stay here overall.
Good location - Seattle CBD is all walkable and we enjoyed the EMP Museum and the Pike Markets in particular.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We travel to Seattle a few times a year and this hotel is our number 1 choice. The location is great in downtown Seattle. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are nice and clean. I found the bed to be very comfortable which provided a great sleep. The swimming pool is indoor and is a decent size. The restaurant is ok but there are many choices close by. Free wifi in the lobby is nice but I would prefer to have that available in the room. Otherwise this is a great hotel and I will definitely continue staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank onip1969
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt at Olive 8 for 2 days on a work trip. The hotel is in a great location in downtown Seattle which made my work appointments easy to get to but also made for fun exploring during my non-work time. The hotel pool is incredible and the rest of the amenities at the hotel were nice too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It's wonderful that you had such a good stay with us. We love that we get to offer all that a traveler might need, from a place to relax after a day of meetings to a source of knowledge and starting point for fun and adventures in a new city. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Seattle.

Sarah S.
Guest Relations Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have to admit that this was one of the most pleasant stays I've had in a hotel in a very long time. From the moment that I arrived at the hotel, there was something about the property that was very welcoming. The lobby area is inviting and the check-in staff was friendly and knowledgeable. My flight arrived much earlier than expected, so I was glad to hear that a room was available at 10am for check-in. The check-in person took the time to explain the amenities of the hotel, including the fantastic pool and Jacuzzi on the second floor. I had some sore muscles from the flight, so the soak in the hot tub was exactly what I needed. The Stay Fit fitness center was one of the best equipped gyms I've seen in the chain, with a good number of machines (around 8 treadmills, 4 elliptical, about 10-12 weight machines). After a great cup of salt caramel latte to start my day off right from the Urbane Market coffee stand in the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised by my regular room (Room 1730) on a high floor that was very well-appointed. The hotel is a LEED hotel, so I did get two keys knowing that one needed to be placed by the door to keep the electricity running while I am in the room. As a Diamond, I got complimentary breakfast and enjoyed a great sit-down breakfast. My only complaint about the hotel was that the shower is not very strong, but other than that, I have to admit that this is a solid hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Edmonton AB
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here again, brought a few friends along as they needed to check this property out. I'll summarize again as it's been a little while since I left a review.

Got upgraded to a Govenors suite this time around, and they accommodated my friends in one of the best luxury suites(with 2 bathrooms!). Both suites were great, the Govenors Suite reminded me of the presidential, but smaller. Diamond breakfast has changed a little bit, with a $ limit, but still very generous. Still the best a la carte breakfast offered in Urbane... Happy hour in the bar is also a great way to spend time eat/drinking. Best location in Seattle, walking distance to everything. Terrific salt water pool/change rooms, reminds me of a 5* Spa.

Staff in Urbane and the Hotel are probably the most friendliest in all Hyatts I've been to in US/Canada. Sets the standard for service.

For a Green hotel, I never notice any of the potential problems it can have(lower water pressure etc). Very good to know that this hotel is minimizing damages to environment while you are staying here and not noticing anything negative impact.

Still the best choice in Seattle and will be back again, again and again.

Room Tip: If you are GP Diamond, make sure you burn a suite upgrade for this hotel. Well worth it. If not, ask...
Green Features: Love it. Amazing that it obtained LEED and supports this program.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love when we get to upgrade our guests and go above and beyond to suprise and delight them. Our main goal is for you to leave happy and it's wonderful that this was your experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Seattle.

Sarah S.
Guest Relations Manager
Napa, California
Reviewed September 8, 2013

spent 3 nights on a group/tour package...for a Hyatt I expected more, esp cleanliness...black scuff marks on the walls in 3 areas..torn inside shower curtain...reported per phone...also told the man who delivered extra toiletries...he tried to clean walls/not able to remove all...otherwise, no response from hskpg. Big room/tv. Friendly staff/offered water when in short line to check in/thank you....staff responded in a timely manner when requesting extra towels/toiletries.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kfar Saba, Israel
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed there for a convention on July for 5 nights.
Very good hotel, brand new. Very good venues.
The biggest plus for me is the very good swimming pool. It is much better than what most of the hotels have. There is nothing better for a jetlag than getting into the water.

Few things to consider when taking this hotel:
1. The rooms have showers, no bath tabs.
2. The room cleaning isn't the best I saw. They were not as extensive like in most hotels - leaving stuff around.

Overall, good stay. Will come back there.

Room Tip: Most rooms doesn't have a view as there are office buildings around. Ask for a room with no buil...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business