“so-so....”

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #8 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 8, 2013

spent 3 nights on a group/tour package...for a Hyatt I expected more, esp cleanliness...black scuff marks on the walls in 3 areas..torn inside shower curtain...reported per phone...also told the man who delivered extra toiletries...he tried to clean walls/not able to remove all...otherwise, no response from hskpg. Big room/tv. Friendly staff/offered water when in short line to check in/thank you....staff responded in a timely manner when requesting extra towels/toiletries.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,575)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed there for a convention on July for 5 nights.
Very good hotel, brand new. Very good venues.
The biggest plus for me is the very good swimming pool. It is much better than what most of the hotels have. There is nothing better for a jetlag than getting into the water.

Few things to consider when taking this hotel:
1. The rooms have showers, no bath tabs.
2. The room cleaning isn't the best I saw. They were not as extensive like in most hotels - leaving stuff around.

Overall, good stay. Will come back there.

Room Tip: Most rooms doesn't have a view as there are office buildings around. Ask for a room with no buil...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I spend a lot of time in suburban Seattle hotels, but whenever I get a chance to stay downtown, the Hyatt at Olive 8 is always one of my top choices! I was there for two nights about a week ago, but have stayed at the hotel at least 3 or 4 times in the past.

Very friendly staff,great location, amazingly comfortable beds -- I might just need to purchase a couple of their pillows! One of the things that draws me to this property is its great food! This trip, I had an opportunity to try a wide range of venues --(1) had a very good, in-room dinner that was delivered promptly; (2) stopped by the coffee bar twice and really appreciated how friendly the barrista was and her on-point recommendation of their almond croissant; and (3) brunch at Urbane. Food at Urbane was delicious and my only small complaint is that the waitstaff was completely overwhelmed on the Sunday I was there. I wasn't in a hurry so was happy to read my paper while waiting for my food, but it clearly wasn't addressing the backlog of those waiting for tables. I wish I could remember the woman (in black skirt suit) who seemed to be filling in to help out -- she was incredibly gracious and effective, but couldn't fully solve the problem.

Also, don't forget your bathing suit -- they have a wonderful pool!

I look forward to my next trip to Hyatt at Olive 8!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our main goal is to make sure that our guests are happy and comfortable; it's so great that you were accomodated in this way. You absolutely can purchase some of our pillows for your own home by going to hyattathome.com. It is always a wonderful bonus, and something we strive for in every interaction, to be able to make a genuine connection with our guests. We would love to have you back with us on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

After reading other reviews about beyond late check-ins, I took extra care to arrive after 3PM. After leaving the car with the expensive valet (airport parking is cheaper. The idea here is, when you valet park, someone takes extra care, handles your luggage for you and takes your car and parks it for a few extra bucks. The Hyatt valet service gets your car because you have no viable alternative. Come on Seattle, Get with the program.) the front desk staff says they have no idea when the room will be ready, certainly by 6PM. We were in town to see an NFL game that evening, so we left luggage with the bell staff and went wandering for a couple of hours. We returned at 5:30 and went to our room. The view out of the window was very nice. I went to check the bathroom for mold (per previous review) and didn't see any in our room. We quickly changed and went to our football game.

At that point, it became someplace to sleep until we left the next day.
We did not venture to other hotel services, checked out the next morning and went on our way.

No free wi-fi (in Seattle of all places, I know how much it costs to install and support this service, for what our stay cost, it should be gratis.

Disappointing stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

While on the higher side of what I usually pay, all nice hotels in Seattle are expensive. The rooms were extremely clean, comfortable, and nicely appointed. The staff were fantastic (like at all Hyatts). Also loved that they were first LEED certified hotel in Seattle. Also great location to downtown tourist locations.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review. It's so wonderful that you enjoyed the room and amenities here at the Hyatt at Olive 8. We love embracing the "green" feel of our hotel while welcoming our guests and making them feel comfortable and accomodated. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here during my husband's attempted climb of Mt. Rainier. This hotel is lovely from the moment you enter the lobby - has a "zen" feel to it! The desk staff were helpful and friendly, the concierge was right on his game with restaurant suggestions. The rooms themselves were nicely laid out - very comfy beds, large bathrooms with large tile showers, mini fridges, free wi-fi. And the location is second to none - walking distance to pretty much everything! Oh - and the spa - had a very decadent 90 minute facial - I highly recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments. It is always our goal to make sure that our guests' needs are met and they are happy and comfortable. It's wonderful that you found our location and amenities so convenient and accomodating. We hope your husbands climb went well and would love to have you back with us the next time your adventures bring you to Seattle.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Check in was a breeze, parked at convention centre, much less expensive. Stayed in a double queen room it was huge. Panoramic windows with room darkening drapes. Shopping was fantastic and it was easy to come back to the hotel in a few minutes. Great coffee shop and lounge in the hotel as well. Concierge was most helpful !

• Stayed: August 2013