“Wonderful and Different Hyatt”
Review of Hyatt At Olive 8

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Burlington, VT
“Wonderful and Different Hyatt”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hyat at Olive 8 has a distinctly different vibe than other Hyatt's I've stayed at. This one has the 'green hotel' spin, very Seattle, and on balance delivers a quality experience. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, location good. No complaints really, would recommend

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

What a great hotel. The experience started when I walked up to the front desk. The desk manager was a remarkably nice man and was extremely helpful. This was my first visit to Seattle and I checked in in the early evening. I was looking for a good place to eat that would not break the bank. The desk manager pointed me in the right direction. The room was fantastic. I had a great view. This is a bit of a pricey hotel, but well worth the expense.

1 Thank Harry G
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. It is so great when we get to really have a genuine connection with our guests and we're glad that you experienced that warmth and hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.

Sarah S.
Guest Relations Manager
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at the hotel. All of the staff was extremely nice and accomodating. We had requested a microwave for our room and because they forgot to bring it up, they gave us a $20 credit. It was very conveniently located and had a very fun view of the city.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I love the Hyatt brand as is evident by my Diamond level status in the Passport program. Typically I split my stays in Seattle between the Olive 8 and the Grand, virtually across the street. Both facilities offer premium quality with different enough feels allowing for travelers like me to mix it up abit. The Olive 8 restaurant is excellent forwhich I give the edge over the typical steak house choice found at the Grand. From the personal service/touch experiance I, however, give the edge to the Grand. If you are a loyalty customer the status carries some value... being a Diamond member I have NEVER be recognized other than asked my preference for points or complementary drink where at the Grand the Diamond is recognized and given an upgrade, if none are available it is pointed out but at least the effort is evident. Furthermore I typically need to ask about the breakfast credit at Olive 8. For this I give the edge to the Grand as it is the personal touch and being rewarded for loyalty makes a difference.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on business travel. The building itself is gorgeous. Everything is chiq and modern without verging off into "weird". Check in process was painless, and I noticed two bins of hotel provided umbrellas for those who were caught without...like me.

The room itself was very nice. It has the European style lighting control where you have to insert your room key into a receptacle by the door to complete the power circuit for the room. It's a nice touch that goes with their green mandate. Bed was very comfortable, as all Hyatt beds are. The only thing I wished for was a few more channels - I've had better selections at other properties.

Didn't eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on the quality. My room had a "city" view of the apartment building across the street and the Paramount theater. Would have loved a water view, but not the end of the world.

The property is about a 10 minute walk down to the market and the Westlake shopping district is a little closer (did you know the original Nordstrom store is here?).

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and hope to be able to stay here the next time I'm in town for work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your feedback! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love that our location allows our guests to have easy access to shopping and entertainment. It's so great that we were able to meet your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Seattle.

Sarah S.
Guest Relations Manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I decided to stay in town while friends were visiting and as a passport member chose to visit the Olive 8 again and I was not disappointed. I chose a corner room which depending on which corner of the building you may found yourself on offers a fantastic view of the city or of downtown. Rooms are quiet, clean, and comfortable. Close to the Paramount theater, the Seattle Convention Center and other venues and various restaurants. Only downside with the location would be the parking as this Hyatt is a valet parking only and cost is $34.00 per night, (Grand Hyatt a block or so over is $30.00 for self-parking and $41.00 for valet) yes parking in downtown Seattle is at a premium.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Coquitlam
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were hosted at this hotel for the Seattle Steamship Dinner on April 6, 2013. We decided to come to Seattle a day early, so booked ourselves a room for the 5th. We arrived around 1:00 in the afternoon and our room was ready for us! We loved everything about this hotel! The dinner/dance event was beautifully catered (although found the food a bit bland). The ballroom is stunning and the acoustics (live 7 piece band) were very good. The central location of the hotel is another great feature. Great fitness centre and spa. We will return again!