“Outstanding customer service”

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We checked in Saturday with friends for a birthday night out... I felt truly welcomed and appreciated from the moment we walked in. I seriously don't think I have ever had a friendlier check-in experience. I believe the gentleman who welcomed us was Mike Quinn - I hope I got that right. He deserves some kudos for being the perfect host. I am not one to gush, but suffice to say it was my birthday and I got a little extra special treatment and I can't tell you how nice and unexpected that was. We have not made a practice of staying at Hyatt hotels in the past, but I believe I am a convert. I would absolutely stay there again. All of the staff was great and the room was pretty quiet. I detest noisy hotel rooms... absolutely cannot stand them. We did hear a crying child in the room next door early in the morning, but it was relatively brief and since it had been silent the rest of the night I didn't get too upset. The king suite was very spacious and clean with the modern furnishings I prefer. Nothing really stood out, but it was a calm, welcoming environment. We booked the AAA breakfast rate so breakfast at the restaurant was included/reimbursed. The four people in our group ordered four very different breakfasts and everyone was happy. Convenient location as well... we didn't get a chance to use the pool or spa but they looked lovely. I honestly can't find anything to complain about.

Room Tip: Regular king rooms were very standard in size but nice. The king suite was lovely and spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you so much for you feedback! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hyatt at Olive 8. I will make sure that the compliment is passed on to Mike Quinn; he is a great asset to our team. It's wonderful that you felt so welcomed; our number one priority is to delight our guests and make them comfortable. We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Seattle!

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,537)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was impressed with the decoration and how clean my room was, but was disappointed with the fact that my room did not have a bathtub. Prior to booking, I guess I didn't put the LEED certified and bathtub together, but for someone with a disability who relies on a hot bath every night (if not several times a day) for pain management, this is a must.You also have half of a glass shower door. I joked that had my children been with, our bathroom would have been flooded. Also, I'm still searching for a hotel in Seattle where you CANNOT hear through the walls. Every night, I was awoken in the middle of the night to hear either the girls in the room next to me talking (and I mean every word of their conversation), ordering food @ 1 am, drunks rolling in from the bars at 1-2am, and doors slamming all night long. Even when I took Benedryl to prevent a reaction from my injections, I was still woken up and that knocks me on my butt!
The check-in clerk was very polite, but the check-out clerk was rude. When I asked her to make sure the hold was released immediately, she told me it was, that it was up to my bank to release and they could take 5 days. I informed her that my bank states they do it immediately, but it's up for the hotel to do right away. She rudely told me that "had I used a credit card, I wouldn't have that problem". I told her I had used my credit card in the other 4 cities I had stayed in the last two weeks and because of holds, I had to utilize my debit card. Frankly she shouldn't be concerned with my method of payment, as long as it worked!
Would I stay here again? Yes, as it exceeds the other properties I have stayed at in Seattle so far. I have another property booked next month, so we will see how it compares.
I do have to say that for others complaining that the rooms are small, I have to disagree. I thought this room was bigger than the other rooms that I have had in Seattle. I was on the 15th floor and my room was nice and bright. Yes, I could see into the office across the way, but I used the heavy blinds when sleeping and getting dressed. It wasn't as close as I was expecting. One building even had a nice roof top garden.
The lack of a bathtub and the night-time noise would be my biggest issues.

Room Tip: Due to the sound issues, make sure that you are away from the elevator. You can hear guests in the h...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is outstanding with great service! I have stayed here several times and they continue to impress me with how personal they are and the great environment. First choice in Seattle!!! Overall, the super clean environment and outstanding service have made me loyal.

Room Tip: High floor and bring your swim suit...great indoor pool!! Just bring good coffee the room coffee is...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hyatt at Olive 8. It's great that we get to offer our guests a wonderful heated saline lap pool, 24-hour fitness center and a full service organic spa. The thing we love the most though is getting to know our guest and making them comfortable and happy. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Big room, large desk space, clever panel for desktop connections for laptops, tablets etc. I was there for a week for two conferences. Banquet service for conferences was excellent. Overall this was a great hotel, very close to downtown, but I had a few niggling issues as documented below.

I had a devil of a time getting internet connection with the free wifi. Was promised a call back from a technician, which never came. Eventually I got it sorted myself.

This hotel touts its credentials as a 'green' sustainable hotel, but I couldn't see much difference between it and any other hotel of its class. If it's so keen on promoting its 'greenness', then a place (extendable line?) for hanging laundry that guests wash while they are having a shower would help. The towel rails were limited in the quantity and width (a standard towel wouldn't fit when spread out to dry), and there was just nowhere to hang laundry, such as underwear. And there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the shower recess -- when you stand like a flamingo to wash your feet, you want to hold onto something to balance yourself. There was nothing -- the edge of the glass was too slippery, the metal soap rack was too flimsy, and the tap was too far away. Also falling down in the 'green' category was the amount of time it took to get hot water in the shower. A lot of water went down the plughole waiting for that to happen... The shower tap is not labelled so you don't know whether turning it towards the top is for hot (it is), or turning it toward the bottom. The sliding doors for the wardrobe and the bathroom slid open again too easily when you closed them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend in junior suite. Very comfortable, with wrap around windows, stylish furniture, very comfortable bed. Service was great across the board; from the welcome check in to the bar (we didn't eat at the restaurant--just had drinks at the bar). Really liked the
indoor pool/spa area.

It's a bit pricey, and still don't think WiFi should ever be a distinct charge. Parking is expensive too. But the room itself was quite nice for the price, and it's an excellent location. Walking distance to the Market.

Interestingly chose to stay here rather than the Grand Hyatt a couple blocks away. I've stayed there before and next visit would pick the Grand Hyatt--just a bit nicer .

Room Tip: Corner suites while a bit small have good views and an open, airy feel to them.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Always super friendly staff. Feels intimate. Hotel is clean, green, and rooms are hip. My only complaint, we've stayed three times. Breakfast, although tasty, the toast is always cold, but such a minor complaint. The waitstaff in Urbane is awesome!

Room Tip: We like the Corner King rooms. 534 was great!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're so glad that you enjoy the Hyatt at Olive 8 enough to keep coming back; we love getting to know our guest. Apologies that your breakfast was anything less than perfect. Next time, please don't hesitate to ask your server for new toast and they would be more than happy to assist as our goal is always to delight you in every way. We look forward to seeing you back again on your next visit to Seattle!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here 1 night this weekend and will NEVER stay here again. It is basically an overpriced Comfort Inn. Service is HORRIBLE. Expect to be nickel and dimed to death. On top of the overpriced rate, it was $40.00 to park, $50.00 held on your card at check in, $9.99 to use their internet. Even the management does not know what they are doing. I bought a hot chocolate for my son which was so bitter he couldn't drink it...asked for a refund, manager was called and even the manager couldn't figure out how to issue the refund. I brought all of this to the attention of the general manager and was basically told, "oh well, sorry you feel that way". Don't do this.....I spent well over 200.00 for one night and would have gotten better service at a way more reasonable price else where. Look elsewhere and save your money

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula S
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt At Olive 8, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your review; your happiness is our number one priority here at the Hyatt at Olive 8. Please accept our sincerest apologies that your stay was anything less than perfect. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations, and I'm very sorry that this was not achieved. Our Front Office Manager, Greg, would be happy to discuss your stay further with you. He can be reached at (206) 676-4405. If you would like to contact the General Manager, please call (206) 774-6201. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as we always appreciate any feedback that will help us grow and improve. We hope this will not deter you from choosing Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the future, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.