“Fantastic hotel for business or pleasure”
Review of Hyatt At Olive 8

Hyatt At Olive 8
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Phenomenal gym and spa, large clean rooms with a great bathroom, top notch technology, bath robes in each room, friendly staff...the list of good things going on at this hotel is too long (and saccharin-sweet) to mention. The location was perfect-2 blocks away from the convention center and high end shopping, and yet on a rather quiet street. The hotel restaurant/lounge had 2 separate happy hours (one early, one late) with decently priced drinks.

There were few areas for improvement. The 10th floor water pressure in the shower wasn't powerful. My business partner on floor 11 had much better pressure (there must be a booster on floor 11). Also, the in room bottled water/Internet was the typical Hyatt ripoff price. Finally, if you're looking for a large lobby/public meeting space, this may not be the place for you.

For the price, this stay was a 10/10.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a night to attend an event at EMP. The hotel is nice, and well appointed, and right in the heart of Seattle's shopping district. Because my husband serves in the military we received an awesome discount, but after you add in the parking, and taxes, it still cost us $200. If we were made to pay the normal going rate, I would not have been nearly as impressed. We have stayed all over Seattle, and this is the most expensive hotel we have stayed in to date (before the discount), but it wasn't the nicest. We may think about staying here in the future, if we found a parking included rate, or didn't need to bring the car with.

Although the rooms boast large flat screen TVs, mini fridges, and modern bathrooms, the mattress was dreadful. The mattress looked to be a pillow top that was quiet old, and smooshed from use. My back was screaming in the morning. My suggestion would be to switch to the gel foam mattress topper that many other hotel chains have already upgraded too.

On a side note, one of the girls at the front desk was a bit rude when we called down for a Taxi, but Mike was awesome, and helped us tie a bow tie for a costume one of us was wearing that evening.

Room Tip: I would ask for any room not facing the office building next door! We received a room over looking t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I chose this hotel because it looked awesome and it had QUEEN BEDS!! and I am sooo glad I chose it because OMG this hotel was OUTSTANDING!! I loved their concierge service! they made our reservations to the Needle Space restaurant, and bought our tickets to the Underground Tour, and got as a taxi right away each and everytime! I have been to other Hyatts but this one gets the PRIZE!!! I will definitely stay at this hotel when i go back to Seattle because I just feel in love with the city and this hotel is one of the reasons besides all the great fun stuff. The beds were sooooo comfortable and big and the bathroom was so nice and clean. definitely beyond 4 star!!!

Room Tip: always ask for rooms as high as possible and the 12th floor was great too!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here on business recently and was not disappointed! The staff was helpful and friendly thoughout my stay. Rooms are spacious, and modern and the bathroom is beautiful. Beds are exceptionally comfortable. Nothing but great things to say.....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I really can't find anything negative about this place. Great location downtown, room wasn't ready when arrived at noon but we just went to pike place market...we were given free wifi for the duration of our stay, great indoor pool area complete with full locker room, hot tub steam room etc, great happy hour in downstairs bar as well, rooms very modern and comfortable. No need for a car at all if just staying in downtown,,,,took light rail from aiport for 275 each way and never had a need for a car.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Desmond12
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Wonderful hotel in a very convenient location. Short walk to monorail and Pike Market. We stayed in a corner King---the room was immense with great views, very contemporary look, gorgeous bath amenities. The entire staff could not have been more cordial--Special kudos to Sarah at the desk and the concierge for his restaurant recommendation(Blue Acre--Fabulous!)
Dallas Cowboys also stayed while we were there. If and when we return to Seattle, we will definitely book here. A totally marvelous experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt at Olive 8 in July 2012. It was pricey but definitely worth the stay. The rooms were modern, tasteful, comfortable and quiet. Not much of a view from our room but that is to be expected when you are in the middle of high rise buildings. The pool and hot tub were great with early and late hours. We didn't use the fitness centre, but it looked very well equipped. We ended up including the breakfast package with our stay, even though we thought it was a little pricely. We like the convenience of eating at the hotel. We were SO glad we did. The food was AMAZING, not matter what we ate. Just thinking again about the salmon omelete makes my mouth water. Even the coffee was fantastic. I would go there to eat even if I wasn't staying at the hotel. The location of the hotel was good ... we walked to everything so we didn't need our car the days we were in town. We used the valet parking which was expensive but convenient. There is a parking lot across from the hotel if you don't want to pay for valet parking. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again if I return to Seattle.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple