“Sleepy in Seattle” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Sleepy in Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just spent four lovely nights at the Olive 8 in Seattle. The room was cozy and clean. The location is wonderful. I was able to walk about six blocks to Pike's Market, and there was a double-decker bus tour stop about a block and a half away from the hotel. I also took advantage of the AAA Breakfast rate and enjoyed wonderful breakfasts in the hotel room and in the restaurant (Urbane). Urbane was a wonderful restaurant with a great staff. The conciere was so helpful with all of my requests. I would highly recommend this hotel to the budget wise and comfort seeking travelers. I really enjoyed my stay and am happy to suggest this hotel to others. Enjoy...

Room Tip: This hotel is very reasonable for all that it offers... ie. Location, cleaniness, Urbane the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Phuntraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vista, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for one hight, prior to an Alaskan cruise. There was an error (by CelebrityCruises) in notifying the hotel of our paid reservation. The front desk was great inhandling the situation- immediately found us a room, upgraded to a corner King room, called us back when allwas straightened out, an an apology from the hotel. Yes, Chris was especially good at his job at the front desk (as a previous reviewer noted). He was not the concierge but he said he wears a lot of different hats and would help us anyway he could. He found us a great seafood restaurant around the corner called Bluenote and we received an appetizer upon handing the waitress a card from Chris.
The King room was plenty nice enough and the view was urban, but nice. Very quiet room and the place was really clean and luxurious.
The cafe on the first floor was hip and busy the next morning, but I managed to get them to fresh-squeeze some orange juice for us "to go" (not on the menu).

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
2 Thank ibmistered
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

What a wonderful quiet hotel, close to evertything in the center of Seattle! The hotel staff was wonderful, friendly and best of all helpful. The lobby bar is a great place to cap off a wonderful day of seeing the sights of Seattle.

This is a newer hotel with LEEDS silver certification. Great "green" touches through out the hotel. The rooms and common areas were very clean. Great spa area with whirlpool, swimming pool and mens and women's locker rooms each with a wet and dry sauna.

Very comfortable bed! Great breakfast included if you are a AAA member.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dckcolorado
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The employees were simply wonderful across the board. Helpful, outgoing, good suggestions for dining, nearby shopping, etc. We really enjoyed our 2 night stay this June. Thanks! The location was good, and the rooms were large and clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank michellp
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I absolutely loved staying at the Olive 8. When we arrived, there was champagne and cheese in our room. This was Friday before the wedding. Saturday, wedding day was also great. One of my bridesmaids needed her dress steamed, someone came up to the room to pick up the dress, then dropped it off not more than an hour later, and there was no charge! After getting 5 bridesmaids and myself ready the suite was a disaster. When we came back after our wedding, the room was beautiful once more and there was more champagne and a nice card congratulating us. There was also some chukar's cherries, yum. Thank you Olive 8!!! I also have to say the Elaia spa ia AMAZING.

Room Tip: All rooms are great! For getting all of us girls ready for the wedding, I did tour a suite and the h...
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have stayed here before and it was crowded so this time I called ahead and asked about the set aside adult swim times. They said it would be from 5-6pm so that is when I made my spa reservation for. The pool was so crowded with kids that I could not even swim and the locker room was a disaster. I am afraid I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

This well priced Seattle Hotel is tops for the money. The employees, especially Chris the Bellman were welcoming and caring. I had a serious fall in the airport on our way to Seattle and was very bruised and battered when I arrived. Chris and the registration people could not have been more helpful and caring. They brought me ice packs to use and made excellent recommendations for breakfast and dinner. We did eat in the Hotel restaurant for breakfast and it was perfectly prepared to our order and piping hot. The room had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable and in spite of my injury, we spent a restful evening. We stayed here before a 7 night cruise to Alaska, and we stayed an additional night on our return. If I ever go to Seattle again I would choose the Olive 8.

Room Tip: Our first night we were on the 14th floor near the elevator. The next night (post cruise) we were o...
1 Thank Jacqueline T