“Food is great, Beer is better”

Naked City Taphouse
Ranked #969 of 4,169 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is great, Beer is better”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

So some friends of mine just moved to Seattle a few months back and we went to visit them. They took us around a lot of the tourist type places, Pikes, Bainbridge... etc. But I had one request while I was there, I wanted to go to Naked City Brewpub. I had seen the construction come together on a home brewing website and wanted to see it for myself. Honestly, it was totally the beer nerd in me and nothing else.
We went to quite a few breweries while in Seattle, none of them compared to Naked City. The beers, we tried almost all the ones they brew, were outstanding. And the food was surprisingly good as well. We ordered the hot pretzel, the fried olives, the marinated beef tip cubes (they have a name, can't remember it) the pickled veggie plate... and that was just appetizers. All great. We also had a vegetarian with us who went nuts over the portabello burger. And my wife got the special of the day... Mussels in a Cider broth... unbelievably good.
The service was friendly, the whole vibe of the place was just cool. We sat outside and it was very relaxed.
I think I found my friends their new favorite bar.

• Visited September 2013

Stamford, Connecticut
1,121 restaurant reviews
“Beer Garden”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

They make 9 different beers of their own but have different beers on tap. They have sample flights. I went on a Saturday and the street was closed. They had a live band performing in the street.

• Visited August 2013
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Drink Naked!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Was in town on business, but as a beer geek love to check out breweries/brew pubs. Went on a Sunday night and had a couple beers. I think the first was a mistake, I think the line was incorrect or something, was nothing like what I'd ordered. But, I love all good beer, so I didn't really care too much. Second beer was a Naked City beer, it was good but I don't think it really conformed to the style guidelines. Again it was good, just not what was expected.

Ate a pulled pork sandwich and fries that were very good.

All in all - good pub fare, good beer. I would certainly give it another shot if I'm ever back in town.

• Visited July 2012
CA
“Good food, good drink”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My wife and I met our daughter and her friend at this brewhouse for dinner. Nice atmosphere and plenty of brews on tap. Limited food selection but their food was done right. Not too loud and a place you can bring the kids. we were there from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM.

• Visited April 2012
Seattle
“Great beer, good food, meh ambiance”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Naked City has great beer. Many rotating taps, their own brews, great local micros, and a decent selection of bottles. It must be great, because you can't get in the place on Friday or Saturday nights. That is unless you want to wait an hour or two for a table to open up. We finally gave up and went at 4:00pm in the afternoon to be able to sit at a table. The food is pretty darn good, too. A step or so above your average bar food, with things like a carmelized onion brisket sandwich, with a killer horseradish sauce. Or a meatloaf sandwich with a kick that will open your sinuses and make you drink a lot more beer. (A nefarious plot, no doubt). But the atmosphere is just meh. One long narrow side is devoted to tables for families (lots of moms, dads, and strollers when we were there). And the adult-only side is the bar and a row of high tables. Really not all that comfy or particularly appealing. But if you're just there for the beer, I guess you don't care about atmosphere.

• Visited March 2012