“Great Fun”
Review of Alki Kayak Tours

Alki Kayak Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for an exploration of Elliott Bay and the Alki Peninsula on human powered watercraft. We explore the natural history and human history of the Seattle waterfront.
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My wife and I had a great time in the tandem kayak. Though it was a little unnerving at first to get strapped in and get that cover put over you to prevent getting wet, the instructors made the experience rather relaxing. We loved the kayaking. Our group had a mix of people, sonme were fast, and some were slow, but the instructor tried to keep everyone relatively together. My wife disobeyed the one main rule when getting out of the kayak at the shore, don't stand up. She did, and she fell in. The only thing bruised was her ego.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I took the lighthouse tour. I'm not sure if I would call it a tour. We didn't even get out of the kayaks at the lighthouse (we got out later on, on the way back to rest and get more water). I'm not sure if our tour guide gave any history on the lighthouse becaues he was well ahead of me - there were a few paddlers that kept up with him so many he told them something. He did pause a few times to let everyone catch up so he could point us in the correct directin to paddle....and he did tell us some history of Seattle at these pauses... There is a lot of paddling though. The way back is about 45 of paddling so if you are not used to using your upper body FYI you will feel it and be sore and want more breaks that you are given. You don't need to know how to kayak to go on the trip, but having exercies experience would be helpful. If you are dying to see the lighthouse take a bus, walk, rent a bike or roller blades, etc.... This trip is more about the kayak and less about the lighthouse.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Wow, I took this tour with my wife and all I can say is hats-off to this company. This is a business I will continue to support. I consider myself a Seattleite and thought I knew about Elliot Bay, but during the course of the tour we not only had a kick @ss time, but learned things about the history of Elliot Bay, the local industry, wildlife and environmental impact that I didn’t know before. It was an exciting tour, everyone felt safe and we were very confident in Greg and Travis. Travis (she) was new to the tours, but made sure the stragglers kept up with the pack and everyone was doing okay. She even added some additional facts about Elliot bay, making a great addition to the tour. The Kayaks and equipment are new and I would consider everything the latest-and-greatest. The sea kayaks are very sturdy and extremely safe. Great tour…do it, do it, just go and do it!!!

Reviewed April 6, 2010

Went Kayaking in Elliot bay at the end of March. It was just me and my girlfriend on the tour and they were quite content with such a small group. Learned a lot about the area and our guide, Adam, kept everything at our pace so we didn't feel rushed. We were given tips about the local scene and places to eat. As well as bus routes and times. Overall Great experience.

Reviewed August 26, 2009

My husband and I did the Elliott Bay tour over the weekend and it was fabulous! The guides (we had 2 instead of the normal 1 due to the large size of our group, 17) were fun, easy going, patient and very professional. I highly recommend this activity. One note, it was more of a work out than I imagined, but that in no way detracted from the experience. The day was in the mid 70s and a short sleeved shirt and shorts was appropriate attire. There is plenty of free street parking.

1  Thank TariTari

Been to Alki Kayak Tours? Share your experiences!