Seattle Bites Food Tours
Review Highlights
Highly Recommend!

Amazing tour and Highly recommend it! Our guide was Chip, he was full of knowledge and funny... read more

Reviewed July 3, 2020
breola
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Favorite Food Tour

Chip was an awesome food guide, and he’s right—he has found the best clam chowder in Seattle! We... read more

Reviewed March 17, 2020
CMSusie
Orange County
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Seattle
from $29.03
from $98.00
from $30.77
from $55.39
1,039 results
All reviews pike place market our tour guide great tour clam chowder food samples highly recommend this tour come hungry smoked salmon rich history crowded market yogurt small group history lesson booked this tour fun facts hour tour gum wall
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2016

Took a food tour today with my daughter, our guide was Chip. He was very engaging and told us many great tidbits of local history. We stopped at 7 different vendors at the market to smple their foods. We started off with tasting banana and Nutella crepes that we too die for, they were topped withsliced almonds and plenty of fresh whipped cream. Next we stopped at a produce stall and sampled apples slices, orangeslices and robata. Off to samples Filipino food of sausage and chow mein. Next was white chowder at Pike Place Chowder which was delicious. Sampling bbq pork walkabouts with black beans, cilantro and corn which was delicious. Smoked salmon samples and off to sample greek yogurt. And finally Indian food of safron rice and chicken with orange sauce. Being a local I learned so much about Pike Place Market, this tour was well worth the price! We left completely stuffed. You are given at the beginning the tor a white bag that you can use for shopping the day of the tour and bring it back to shop at Pike Place Market and receive a 10% discount.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank Lisa Y
Reviewed April 4, 2016 via mobile

Been living here in the PNW for 10 years now. I visit the Pike Place Market often, and I've learned that this place has quite a history - how it all started and how it began to prosper; how WWII greatly affected the market; some of the vendors/shop owners been with the market for decades. That's just some of its rich history.

Chip, our host, was great. He kept us engaged. The food samples were tasty. It was a very informative, enjoyable, and fun tour. What is better than learning history and enjoying great food at the same time? None.

This tour is a must for everyone - visitors and locals.

6  Thank Joe D
Reviewed April 4, 2016

This was a fabulous experience! Our tour guide, Marla, was very knowledgeable about the Market, and the tasty bites were delicious! I'm not one for tours necessarily, but loved this! My husband and 17-year old daughter loved it, too. Even being from the Seattle area I learned so much and thoroughly enjoyed gaining a better understanding of the history and heritage of our wonderful Market. I hope to take the tour again someday! Thanks, Seattle Bites--you're the best!

1  Thank Shellracer
Reviewed March 31, 2016

This tour is a great way to learn about the the history of the market while tasting yummy goodies that you might otherwise miss out on! So much fun for all!

1  Thank thrdwish
Reviewed March 24, 2016

Welcome to Seattle! This Tour is a Must Do! It will tantalize your taste buds and give you a great lesson in the history of our beautiful Pike Place Market. I went with some girlfriends a few years back and always wanted to go again! Since we had family here from Colorado, it was a perfect time for them to learn and taste a bit of our fine city.
Our Tour Guide Marla, was delightful and all the vendors were most welcoming and generous with their fine food! I look forward to the next time! Thank You So Much!