“Excellent introduction to Pikes ”

Seattle Bites Food Tours
Ranked #4 of 96 Food & Drink in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Seattle Bites specializes in only one tour - our historical and food walking tours of Pike Place Market. We are known for our LARGE and unique food offerings made especially for us while taking you behind the scenes and sharing the fascinating history of the 100-plus year-old Pike Place Market.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

Come hungry for this tour. You stop by at least ten places to eat in Pikes. Each is unique, and we covered a wide array of foods from all over the world. Indian,French,Russian, and good ol' American are just a FEW of the countries one can find at Pikes.
I loved all the samples we received, and you use the tour as a reference for when you come back...because there's no doubt about it that you'll be back.
Elleno's yogurt and Pikes clam chowder were the best things I tried on the tour. I went back to Pikes the next day to eat both because I couldn't stop thinking about them. So worth it to go back to Seattle and just eat those two everyday.
Marla was the guide and she had a handle on keeping the group together in such a crowded place. Such a nice person and you could tell she loved everything about Seattle and Pikes. She goes in depth about the history of the market and takes you to the gum wall too so you can put your "contribution". Don't worry she has hand sanitizer with her. Lol.
Cool too that you get a discount card for all the places we visited, and you get a Savory Seattle Bites reusable bag too!

Date of experience: July 2015
"every bite"
in 12 reviews
"food stops"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 39 reviews
in 13 reviews
"small group"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed April 14, 2016

Took a food tour today with my daughter, our guide was Chip. He was very engaging and told us many great tidbits of local history. We stopped at 7 different vendors at the market to smple their foods. We started off with tasting banana and Nutella crepes that we too die for, they were topped withsliced almonds and plenty of fresh whipped cream. Next we stopped at a produce stall and sampled apples slices, orangeslices and robata. Off to samples Filipino food of sausage and chow mein. Next was white chowder at Pike Place Chowder which was delicious. Sampling bbq pork walkabouts with black beans, cilantro and corn which was delicious. Smoked salmon samples and off to sample greek yogurt. And finally Indian food of safron rice and chicken with orange sauce. Being a local I learned so much about Pike Place Market, this tour was well worth the price! We left completely stuffed. You are given at the beginning the tor a white bag that you can use for shopping the day of the tour and bring it back to shop at Pike Place Market and receive a 10% discount.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank 294lisay
Reviewed April 4, 2016 via mobile

Been living here in the PNW for 10 years now. I visit the Pike Place Market often, and I've learned that this place has quite a history - how it all started and how it began to prosper; how WWII greatly affected the market; some of the vendors/shop owners been with the market for decades. That's just some of its rich history.

Chip, our host, was great. He kept us engaged. The food samples were tasty. It was a very informative, enjoyable, and fun tour. What is better than learning history and enjoying great food at the same time? None.

This tour is a must for everyone - visitors and locals.

6  Thank Joe D
Reviewed April 4, 2016

This was a fabulous experience! Our tour guide, Marla, was very knowledgeable about the Market, and the tasty bites were delicious! I'm not one for tours necessarily, but loved this! My husband and 17-year old daughter loved it, too. Even being from the Seattle area I learned so much and thoroughly enjoyed gaining a better understanding of the history and heritage of our wonderful Market. I hope to take the tour again someday! Thanks, Seattle Bites--you're the best!

1  Thank Shellracer