“Tour of the market”

Seattle Bites Food Tours
Ranked #3 of 80 Food & Drink in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Seattle Bites specializes in only one tour - our historical and food walking tours of Pike Place Market. We are known for our LARGE and unique food offerings made especially for us while taking you behind the scenes and sharing the fascinating history of the 100-plus year-old Pike Place Market.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very nice overview of the market and it's history. We live locally and have been to the market a number of times, but it was great to go on this tour and have someone point out details that we'd never noticed and take us to food stands that we might not have noticed on our own. A great tour for anyone wanting to learn a little more about the Market!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I took this tour in Sept and I am now just getting around to writing the review.

Mark's wife (can't remember her name), was our tour guide. She has a very engaging personality and we couldn't have had a better guide. You could tell that all the vendor's loved her.

The samples were not really samples. They were more like small meals. You really get stuffed on this tour.

Tip - stay close to the other tour members. Very crowded at Pike's market and it is easy to get separated.

1  Thank GreggMS
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I go to Seattle fairly often and I've certainly eaten out there many times, but it was only recently that I caught on and decided to do a tour. Seattle Bites was awesome. Taking the food tour gave me the opportunity to try places I'd overlooked or didn't know about, and the situation made me a little more adventurous to try things I normally might have given a miss. The outing was made even better by the fact that our guide was friendly, outgoing and really knew what she was talking about. Whether you're going on your first trip to Seattle or you frequent the PNW this tour is worth checking out!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I am a local and have been to Pike Place Market a dozen times. Not knowing what to do with my well-traveled guests from Houston, I suggested this tour and escorted them. On this tour, I saw places and experienced foods that would never have crossed my radar. Mark, the owner, was engaging and knowledgeable about the food and the history of the Market. This tour appeals to both the foodie and the history buff. In addition, Mark was organized and professional. The tour was an excellent value for the money and a great activity for those guests whom you have run out of ideas on where to take them. We could not stop talking about it. This activity should be REQUIRED for every local. Kudos, Mark!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

What a wonderful tour with Seattle Bites! We had read all reviews of Seattle food tours, but liked what we saw on the Seattle Bites Website. The information about the tour was straight forward and comprehensive. As we discovered, it was the perfect tour. Mark was terrific and made the historical details of Pikes Place come to life. The food choices were outstanding and the whole tour was very well organized and professionally presented. We were delighted! We have already recommended it to even Seattlelites!

Dr. Barbara Sunderland and John Manousso