Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #52 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Spokane, Washington
“worth extra walk”
Reviewed January 17, 2011

First time here. There is an extra walk (took train in from airport) as opposed to the Red Lion 5th Ave. where I usually stay. But price much better and I like the extra room size. Hot tub was closed (disappointing, seasonal-hot tubs should not be seasonal), but they also ahve a billiards rom and workout facility. Breakfast, mostly good (eggs a little to plastic in consistency for me). But agin, I look at price and confort and this was great for both. Staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Hello k2kelley-

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, I am glad to hear that you decided to try our hotel over your usual choice.

We do have a complimentary hotel shuttle that picks up guests from the train dock at Westlake center, next time just give us a call and we will come get you!

Unfortunately, our pool and hot tub are outdoors so they are closed during these cold months. However I am delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of the billiards room and the fitness center.

On behalf of my entire team, thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, and we home that you will consider us your home away from home in Seattle!

Lana Bulanova - Sales/Public Relations Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2010

This hotel is located almost next to the Convention center and about 5 mins walk down to the main shopping district and 7-10 mins walk to Pike Place Market.
Rooms inculded a free breakfast which was better than a standard Hampton Inn affair (and real plates and knives!) , a "Managers drinks" in the evening with free drinks and some food and 2 computers in the breakfast area (free wi-fi throughout).
The first room I was given overlooked a very busy road and was so noisy that I thought the window had been left open, I was immediately moved to a suite on the executive food which was much bigger and overlooked a courtyard. Unfortunately though it was freezing cold (despite 3 or 4 complaints and after having supposedly been attended by an engineer) so I hardly slept one night.
The Executive floor was the 9th floor and to reach it you need to take the elevator to the 8th floor and then walk half way along the corridor to get in another elevator from the 8th to 9th floors - might be annoying if you need to keep going back to your room/ have a lot of luggage or small children/ strollers.
All in, I'd stay here again but only in a room overlooking the courtyard as there is no way I could sleep with the noise from the road.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear Joeyjo99-

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel.

I am glad to hear you had the opportunity to take advantage of our complimentary amenties such as our Suite Start® breakfast and our Welcome Home® Manager's reception, it is always nice to start the day on a full stomach and come back in the evening to a light meal and complimentary beer and wine.

With over 40 different room types in our hotel, some rooms are quieter than others. In our street-facing rooms we do provide solutions for our lighter sleepers, however in this case it is great to hear that you enjoyed your room facing the courtyard from our Executive floor.

Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We hope that you had a wonderful stay and we would love to welcome you back if your travels ever bring you back to the Seattle area.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Decent Hotel Just Unacceptable Customer Service.

・Lacked Toothbrush/toothpaste. Went to front desk and was asked to purchase one at the suite store.
・Lacked slippers.
・Some poor staff.
・Room bath had poor draining.
・Received no notice about a broken furnace for hot water.

・We were told by the front desk staff shortly after checking-in that they would refrigerate food behind the front desk in order to compensate for the lack of refrigerators in the guest rooms. So we did. The next day, we went down to the lobby to collect our food hoping we would have a small bite for Christmas since many restaurants would be closed. Turns out the food was misplaced. Quite agitating and irresponsible considering we had received a tag that guaranteed the return. The staff insisted that they would cover a meal given that we would bring back a receipt. After we found out the restaurant where we got our take-out that disappeared was closed, we called the front desk and asked if they would be flexible for other options. They reaffirmed it with us and so the next day we decided to have the hotel cover a meal that costs more than what the take-out was worth. We felt that it was about how much the hotel should pay considering the lack of service we experienced. When we arrived back at the hotel and approached the front desk staff, Danielle, to give our receipt she said she had heard nothing about this and called a staff member who we had previously confronted. Soon after hanging up, she rejected the receipt saying the hotel is unable to cover such a cost. We got a very cold attitude from her and it ruined the night, the night of Boxing day.

Any how, a part from the lack of quality service, the stay actually was not too bad(that is after we talked to the manager).

The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and location in the city was good.

Note: Walls are not sound-proof.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
SEAHM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
Dear Aviationpassion:

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with our Homewood Suites by Hilton in Seattle on Pike Street.

I sincerely apologize for the mechanical issue the building endured during your stay and for the service you received. This is something we certainly wish did not happened but we are thankful our team was able to get everything back in working order in a short amount of time.

Thank you so much again for your valuable feedback and we hope that you will choose Homewood Suites by Hilton when you travel.

Cordially,
Greg Dietl, General Manager
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed December 21, 2010

This hotel gets it. The minor details are what set this hotel apart from the others. Ashley at the front desk was extremely sweet and accommodating, checking me in well before the 3pm check in time after a horribly delayed red eye flight from the right coast.

The rooms are immaculate. Clean, nice furniture, and are fully stocked.

Small things like the basket full of umbrellas at the entryway really set this hotel apart. Yes, we all know it rains in Seattle, but how many of us pack umbrellas on our trips? Probably not many.

Hotel is definitely in walking distance to the Space Needle/Pike Market and Westlake.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Minnisnowda
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Dear Minnisnowda-

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed your suite. Especially after a long day of travelling, its nice to be able to just go collapse in your room once you arrive.

I too am glad that our complimentary umbrellas are available, I live here and I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten my umbrella and been greatful for the loaners by the door!

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to Seattle!

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed December 19, 2010

This all-suite hotel is great for taking care of business in downtown Seattle. It's just upstream from the Wash. state convention center on Pike Street--straddling two neighborhoods: downtown and Capitol Hill.
Much of my day is spent on the phone--heading out to various appointments throughout the day. So I spread out on the desk when I arrive. The hotel offers free breakfast (scrambled eggs, waffles, fruit, yogurt, etc.) and a "light" dinner with wine/beer. Pretty good, really. But often, I just wander down to nearby Whole Foods and pick up some goodies to throw together in the room. They've got a microwave/fridge and all the silverware/goodies you need.
On the Capitol Hill side, there is a great Spanish Restaurant "Tango" that's right across the street. And about 10 blocks away is a hot yoga studio, "Sweatbox" that I frequent. I'm grateful Homewood Suites has a guest laundry for my sweaty workout clothes.
The lobby is spacious enough to meet someone on-site, but I requested (and rec'd at no additional charge) access to a private conference room. Very nice. They've also got a small workout area (I've never used it) and a billiards room (been there twice).
Like other Homewood Suites, this property has a round-the-clock sundry shop--which includes microwavable dishes, ice cream (b-a-a-d Ben + Jerry's!!) and lots of other stuff. The parking, like anywhere in downtown Seattle, is outrageous ($27/day). I belong to Hilton's "HHonors" program--so the staff is very nice to me (they're nice anyway!).
I used to stay here when it was "Pike Street Suites"--but the new renovation to Homewood Suites really took it up a notch. I've become friends with some of the staff--who weathered the renovation and are quite proud of the results. Rightfully so, IMHO.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Hello Geefour907-

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. You have outlined all the important information and I thank you for your kind descriptions. I would say that not only did you cover all the bases, you thoughtfully provided potential future guests with wonderful suggestions on how to make the most of a stay here with us. We do reap the benefits of being right on the border between downtown and Capitol Hill, as any direction you choose to go in, you will encounter many restaurtants, shops and otherwise.

Thank you for being a loyal guest of our property, and sticking with us through the remodel. We are very proud of our hotel and how far it has come since the Pike Street Suites days.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Seattle!
North Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We stayed at the Homewood suites over thanksgiving for two nights. It is in a good location to the downtown area. It is a bit noisy due to the highway nearby, but I had no problem tuning it out. Our room was very nice. It had a kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. Plenty of space. There was a breakfast in the morning. It consisted of coffee, juice, yogurt, cereal, yogurt, toast, and eggs. The rooms had flat screen tvs. Would stay here again as the price is very reasonable and the location is good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, December 29, 2010
Dear Jrdice,

I'd like to begin by thanking you for your recent review of our hotel. We are honored that you chose to spend your Thanksgiving here with us. Did you get a chance to take advantage of the Thanksgiving feast we offered on Wednesday night? It was truly remarkable.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to Seattle!

Cold Water, NJ
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Parking was alittle inconvenient but acceptable. Stayed there 2 nights. Loved their free shuttles to attractions although it is all walkable (surprisingly). Their shuttle personnel was VERY helpful. Front staff spoke several lanugages and friendly, even helped locate a cell charger for me on loan when we forgot to bring one. Meals were good but need to get there early otw they run out. Coffee is excellent any time of day! Ask & received a rollaway bed for our teen, a tad cramped but do-able. Also did not take advantage of their free washer/dryer. No pool. only 2 computers by breakfast area, not enough to accomodate many guests. Umbrellas on loan! Beautiful city, thank u HS for helping us with a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank love-those-beaches
Hello Love-those-beaches,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Parking in downtown Seattle can be really tricky, we are lucky to have our parking garage otherwise it would be a total nightmare. Since parking downtown is so limited, all hotels are forced to charge for parking and ours is actually the lowest priced in the immediate area!

I am glad you got to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle as well as the Suite Start® Breakfast and the Welcome Home® Reception. We actually do have a pool, however it is an outdoor pool so it is closed for the winter.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, and we hope you come back to stay with us upon your next trip to Seattle!