“Plenty of space to spread out--right downtown.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Anchorage, Alaska
“Plenty of space to spread out--right downtown.”
Reviewed December 19, 2010

This all-suite hotel is great for taking care of business in downtown Seattle. It's just upstream from the Wash. state convention center on Pike Street--straddling two neighborhoods: downtown and Capitol Hill.
Much of my day is spent on the phone--heading out to various appointments throughout the day. So I spread out on the desk when I arrive. The hotel offers free breakfast (scrambled eggs, waffles, fruit, yogurt, etc.) and a "light" dinner with wine/beer. Pretty good, really. But often, I just wander down to nearby Whole Foods and pick up some goodies to throw together in the room. They've got a microwave/fridge and all the silverware/goodies you need.
On the Capitol Hill side, there is a great Spanish Restaurant "Tango" that's right across the street. And about 10 blocks away is a hot yoga studio, "Sweatbox" that I frequent. I'm grateful Homewood Suites has a guest laundry for my sweaty workout clothes.
The lobby is spacious enough to meet someone on-site, but I requested (and rec'd at no additional charge) access to a private conference room. Very nice. They've also got a small workout area (I've never used it) and a billiards room (been there twice).
Like other Homewood Suites, this property has a round-the-clock sundry shop--which includes microwavable dishes, ice cream (b-a-a-d Ben + Jerry's!!) and lots of other stuff. The parking, like anywhere in downtown Seattle, is outrageous ($27/day). I belong to Hilton's "HHonors" program--so the staff is very nice to me (they're nice anyway!).
I used to stay here when it was "Pike Street Suites"--but the new renovation to Homewood Suites really took it up a notch. I've become friends with some of the staff--who weathered the renovation and are quite proud of the results. Rightfully so, IMHO.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Hello Geefour907-

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. You have outlined all the important information and I thank you for your kind descriptions. I would say that not only did you cover all the bases, you thoughtfully provided potential future guests with wonderful suggestions on how to make the most of a stay here with us. We do reap the benefits of being right on the border between downtown and Capitol Hill, as any direction you choose to go in, you will encounter many restaurtants, shops and otherwise.

Thank you for being a loyal guest of our property, and sticking with us through the remodel. We are very proud of our hotel and how far it has come since the Pike Street Suites days.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Seattle!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
North Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We stayed at the Homewood suites over thanksgiving for two nights. It is in a good location to the downtown area. It is a bit noisy due to the highway nearby, but I had no problem tuning it out. Our room was very nice. It had a kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. Plenty of space. There was a breakfast in the morning. It consisted of coffee, juice, yogurt, cereal, yogurt, toast, and eggs. The rooms had flat screen tvs. Would stay here again as the price is very reasonable and the location is good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, December 29, 2010
Dear Jrdice,

I'd like to begin by thanking you for your recent review of our hotel. We are honored that you chose to spend your Thanksgiving here with us. Did you get a chance to take advantage of the Thanksgiving feast we offered on Wednesday night? It was truly remarkable.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to Seattle!

Cold Water, NJ
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Parking was alittle inconvenient but acceptable. Stayed there 2 nights. Loved their free shuttles to attractions although it is all walkable (surprisingly). Their shuttle personnel was VERY helpful. Front staff spoke several lanugages and friendly, even helped locate a cell charger for me on loan when we forgot to bring one. Meals were good but need to get there early otw they run out. Coffee is excellent any time of day! Ask & received a rollaway bed for our teen, a tad cramped but do-able. Also did not take advantage of their free washer/dryer. No pool. only 2 computers by breakfast area, not enough to accomodate many guests. Umbrellas on loan! Beautiful city, thank u HS for helping us with a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank love-those-beaches
Hello Love-those-beaches,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Parking in downtown Seattle can be really tricky, we are lucky to have our parking garage otherwise it would be a total nightmare. Since parking downtown is so limited, all hotels are forced to charge for parking and ours is actually the lowest priced in the immediate area!

I am glad you got to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle as well as the Suite Start® Breakfast and the Welcome Home® Reception. We actually do have a pool, however it is an outdoor pool so it is closed for the winter.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, and we hope you come back to stay with us upon your next trip to Seattle!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed here for one night on November 20th, with a friend. I was visiting from Scotland and we wanted to have a night downtown. I work as a Front Office Manager in the hotel industry and have previously worked for a Hilton property so I have high standards when staying in hotels. But I am pleased to say that my expectations were not only met, but exceeded!

The young lady who greeted us at check in was so friendly and helpful and both me and my friend were delighted to hear we had been upgraded to a suite. Our room was clean, beautiful and spacious. I was even more impressed when we received a call from the front desk to check we were pleased with our room. And then upon our departure to do some sightseeing, the front desk agent greeted us by name. This is something I love and expect my team to do so it is wonderful to see it in practice in other hotels.

Our service the following morning was again excellent. The young lady on the desk, who's name I did not get but who is moving to England soon, was a credit to the hotel. She was friendly and helpful and answered all of our questions perfectly. She even allowed us to park for an extra 2 hours after check out for free.

Overall, I was so pleased with the outstanding customer service we received. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank ailsafross
Dear Ailsafross-

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. It is the goal of our staff to exceed customer service expectations for all of our guests. We want you to feel as if you are at home, with people that care and an atmosphere that is comfortable.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your suite and your time in Seattle as well as the service you recieved.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back if your travels ever bring you back to Seattle!

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We bid for this room and thought that even if it was a dump, it would suffice for a single night. We were pleasantly surprised! When I first checked in, the front desk clerk (Ashleigh) was sunshine and professionalism. I asked for two beds, which weren't available (it's becoming a pattern with "bid" rooms). I let her know that we were there for the marathon and one of us *cough* snores. She said they weren't completely full, and that she could upgrade me to a suite with a pull-out couch. Worth whatever upcharge there was going to be. None? Did I hear that right? She said that since they weren't full, she wanted to make sure I enjoyed my stay.

I got to the room and it was huge. Small living room, decent sized kitchen, large bathroom, and.... wait for it... a separate full bedroom that felt about the same as the Seattle Renaissance. It was decorated in a tastefully minimalist style, with upscale bedding, flat screens (yes, 2), granite counters, and plush carpeting.

We had a view of the water from our window, and it was a gorgeous sunset.

Breakfast the next morning was a typical breakfast bar, but hooray for some protein! (scrambled eggs). They have weeknight manager's receptions M-Th.

The business center is a single computer and printer, but it's in a nice, secluded room complete with a small library of books. Free Internet throughout the hotel that was pretty quick to load. There's a small store in the lobby with reasonably priced snacks (that, too, was a shock - the reasonable part.)

Parking in Seattle SUCKS. There's no way around it -- except that the one block around the hotel has 24 hour free parking. We were lucky enough to find a spot.

It was 5 blocks up and 6 blocks over to the start of the Seattle Marathon (the stadium at Seattle Center). Enough of us were there that a shuttle would have been good thinking.

I'm really impressed with this hotel. The service was amazing, and every employee we passed acknowledged and/or greeted us. The hotel was spotless and looks new inside. Even at full price, this would be a bargain.

2 Thank WAMarathoner
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
Dear WAMarathoner-

First of all, thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel! It really makes our day to hear such wonderful feedback from our guests.

Second of all, to answer your question, yes you CAN live here! We would love to have you! In fact we'll even make you breakfast every morning!

All jokes aside, we really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay at our hotel. On that note, please consider us your home away from home in downtown Seattle!

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I must say the room was large and comfortable, the imentities were great and the best complimentary breakfast we have ever had. However, Initially my stay was not pleasent due to very noisy windows that were off the track allowing street noise all night to keep us awake. They had no one on duty late to fix them. However, after speaking with Megan the reservation manager, she refunded the cost of our stay to make up for the horible night. This shows the hotel cares about their guest and as business owners who care about our customer's, we would have done the same. "GREAT JOB" on customer service. Thank You

1 Thank JKPierson
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Dear JKPierson-

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you were uncomfortable during your stay. Since we are a downtown hotel, we are aware that some of our rooms are louder than others. Due to normal wear and tear and depending on your location in the building, some rooms are quieter than others.

It sounds like in this case, Megan opted to extend our Suite Assurance Guarantee®. We guarantee high quality accommodations, friendly, efficient service and clean, comfortable surroundings. If you are not completely satisfied, we will make it right or your night's stay is free. The Suite Assurance Guarantee conveys our confidence that our guests will enjoy their stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel!

Spokane
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Traveling with a 6 foot 4 inch spouse develops an appreciation for really tall shower heads. Most hit him in the mid chest but this one was wonderful. way up high, good pressure, consistent temperatures. The entire hotel is delightful. Walking distance to the convention center, only 2 blocks. Close from the West lake train stop from the hotel. The downtown shuttle was a life saver with heavy rains and wind on this trip. The drivers are professional, polite and know their city. The front desk was responsive to our only repair need. The television in the bed room only had sound, no picture. They had a repairman up in less than 5 minutes who was able to trouble shoot and repair it in less than 2 minutes. My husband rated the breakfast waffles great. The variety of food at the breakfast buffet was good. They had flavored creamers for the coffee, a nice touch. The rooms are huge with plenty of room to relax. The room 618 was only noisy when we went out on the balcony to watch the traffic and weather. Sleeping was fine with both the comfort of the bed and the noise from outside. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank xterrared
Dear xterrared-

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I can honestly say this would take the cake as far as unique reviews go! We have certainly had our fair share of compliments, but the height of our shower heads is a topic I don't believe I have ever had the opportunity to address! Being rather short myself, I can't say i've ever taken into consideration how the height of a shower may affect those who are not vertically challenged such as myself. It is wonderful to hear that the accomodations were suitable for your tall husband!

On behalf of my entire team, I would like to thank you again for your review of our hotel, and let you know that your feedback goes a long way. We look forward to welcoming you back if your travels bring you back to the Seattle area!