“Great location, good value”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #49 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Deerfield, IL
“Great location, good value”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My associates and I stayed here during a recent convention, largely because of the location. Staff was very friendly and helpful for the most part (but a couple of times I got wrong answers to questions re: mass transit, i.e,, "Which way to the airport train?"). The suites were roomy, clean and some had nice views, and kitchenettes allowed for some food prep, which isn't really necessary because there's a "pretty good" breakfast buffet each morning (including hot entree) and a "homecoming reception" Mon to Thurs evenings with some hot food and beer/wine. As others have mentioned, there is a complete grocery store at one end of the building (corner of Pike and Boren) with lots of great food/drink to go, plus very good local restaurants a little further up the hill.

My room was a large corner suite (#630) with lots of bright windows and even a balcony. Although some of the furniture was a bit shop-worn (when is a 7- or 8-year old sofa in a hotel ever in really good condition?) and the spaces where tube-type TVs used to be are now strangely vacant, everything was clean and comfortable. My room had a jacuzzi-style tub, which I didn't get a chance to use.

Certainly for convention-goers, the location is unbeatable (two blocks from the Convention Center!), but it's great for vacationers who like to shop--a 15 minute walk straight down Pike Street to the public market, and a 10 minute walk to "retail core" highlights like Westlake Center--which is also the terminus for the "Central Link" light rail train to the airport ($2.75 one way; super clean and easy), and also home, on the 3rd floor, to the Monorail Station and a fast, $2.50 hop to Seattle Center with its Space Needle.

Room Tip: Corner suites are room, although the distance from the door to the bedroom is a haul!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
retro1959,

Thanks for the detailed review of our property. We appreciate the kind words and understand the frustration when you are given the wrong directions (we're working to improve that). We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel was conveniently located not even a block from the convention center where the 2014 Northwest Foodservice Show took place. we ( my wife and I) went to represent the School of Hospitality Business Management at Washington State University as a student ambassador. When we got to the hotel, the valet person was very welcoming and helpful to our needs. Moreover, the front desk clerk was more welcoming and friendly by offering the biggest suit in respect of the HILTON HHONORS loyalty program that the school used for our reservations. The hotel offered great breakfast along with cold and hot beverages. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Homewood Suites. For a first timer, I would consider the brand in our personal or business future trips as well as getting involved with HILTON HHONORS loyalty program. I RECOMMEND IT FOR YOU TOO

1 Thank Mohammed A
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Mohammed A,

Thanks for the recommendation! We can't wait to have you back again with us.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have stayed at some clunker hotels in seattle before, so when my friends and I were looking to upgrade we reserved a room here. Overall it has been the best hotel experience we have stayed at so far. There were no major problems, the few minor things I could think of were on our floor which was 7 there was a strange smell. Also when we checked in they tried to charge more then what I reserved it for but I had my reservation email so that was cleared up quickly enough. The hold they wanted to place was larger then what our room was going to be by about $150 which was more then I had in my account, but the front desk lady was able to run it on my card for the full amount then put a $50 dollar hold on a friends account which I think worked out good because she made it work. The food was fairly good and just the fact that it was part of the stay package was good. One day house keeping took the sheets we were using for the pullout and didn't replace it but we called and they brought a new one within about 15-20 minutes .One of the great things about this place I would say was the exercise room which was good for my workout routine and the game room, we were able to get our group and our friends who were on another floor together and play games and not trek over to the convention or be cramped with 8 people in one room. All in all I would definitely stay again the staff was accommodating and friendly, the food was good (24hour coffee is a big plus) and the housekeeping staff was fairly efficient and whenever we passed them in the halls we always got friendly greetings and smiles.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank chichiri4noda
chichiri4noda,

Thank you for the kind words about our staff and amenities. We hope you have found your go-to hotel when in Seattle and that your search is over.

Geln Rock, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was very happy at this hotel. NIce clean accomadations and decent breakfast. Centrally located in Seattle and close to Pikes. Hotel staff was great. Some local hidden restaurant gems up the street. Just ask the staff for reccomendations, you will not be disappointed

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Daniel P,

We appreciate the kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel and the helpfulness of our staff. Thanks so much for staying with us and we'll see you the next time business takes you to Seattle.

La Mesa, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This place is just simply awesome definitely my home when I am in Seattle. The 800sf. Suite is like a small luxury apartment. The bed is magical and the Views from the rooms are to die for. Not to mention a roof top pool/lounge and spa!! Brekfast and Dinner every day and a great staff. Can't beat a place like this for the price. And if that wash't enough talk about LOCATION right off Capitol Hill, and a short walk to all downtown activities such Pikes Market and Space Needle.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Ramon Q
Ramon Q,

Thank you for the great comments - our outdoor pool is not quite on our rooftop, but we do get great comments about the quiet location of the pool and the fantastic game room that goes out to the pool. We hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed April 20, 2014

we arrived Thursday April 17th 2014 and were expecting a two queen bed room. i was told two different things when confirming my room and got a small room with a fold out couch and a bed which was not either of what i was told.then we went downstairs to dinner and was a little disappointed with the dinner but it was alright the cookies were good. the decor of the halls are fairly unpleasant. the bed was pretty comfortable to me but was not good for my boyfriend who has a really bad back and the fold out made my sister hurt in the morning.when breakfast came we were very sad to find that all the food was fairly tasteless and unpleasant- that goes for all 3 mornings Friday, Saturday and Sunday- some of the dishes and pans in the room were left dirty for our stay and our room was gotten into by someone. who took our frying pan and went through some of our stuff. the view from the 6th floor was fairly pretty but the sounds travel well through the single pane windows and did not stop any of the traffic noise.
overall i was pretty upset for being charged more than my originally told price and having such good reviews slashed.i think i will be finding a new hotel for my groups next travels

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank CosplayJaz
CosplayJaz,

I'm sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant stay but I do hope you give us another chance when you come back to Seattle in the future.

Crofton, Maryland
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We just returned from 5 days in Seattle. This was our first time staying in the Homewood Suites, but not in a suites type hotel. This was a great stay. We liked the proximity to the tourist areas and did not feel it was too far to walk on any given day. It cost us about $46 from the airport to the hotel. We arrived at 1230 and I had asked for an early check-in, but was not anticipating it as it was so early. However, we got in early and they had our room ready! That was a pleasant surprise. The room (828) was on the side facing the city and had an okay view. The room was nicely decorated and the kitchen was big enough for us. The only downfall in the room was the couch. It was ripped in several places and the cushions were damaged. Not a great look. The bathroom is on the small side, but still well appointed. The best thing about the whole place was the full size fridge. We hate trying to load up a college dorm fridge with milk and water, so this was great. The noise from I-5 was loud if you went onto the veranda, but otherwise, it did not bother us too much. We could not figure the fireplace out, so just left it alone. There was a timer on the wall, but that did nothing. We were about 1 mile from Pike Place Market and the walk was pleasant, even with a 7-year old. The breakfast is decent with a good mix of cold and hot food. We liked the mix of the hot foods with eggs, meat and hash browns most mornings. The hash browns were always a little hard, but everything else was okay. The breakfast area gets crowded but the attendants working always moved quick to clear tables. My daughter asked if they had waffles and we thought it would have been nice to have a waffle maker. The weekday welcome home dinner was about the same with a varied menu and some choice, but not enough to satisfy us. The gym was sparse with 2 treadmills, a elliptical, bike and some weights, but the machines were on the newish side. The laundry on the 8th floor was just one washer and one dryer, so we never did find a time that it was open. There is a market 3 doors down from the hotel that has everything you might need and a deli that closes at 7pm for sandwiches. Overall, this was a great stay for us and would certainly consider this hotel again when visiting Seattle.

Room Tip: Room 828 faces the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Shamiedog,

Thanks so much for the detailed description of your stay and I'm very happy that you enjoyed it overall. Please accept our apologies about the couches: we will be receiving our new couches in less than one month. We look forward to your return visit.