“Great & Comfortable Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #50 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Seattle, United States
“Great & Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The room I had was really nice with a great view of downtown Seattle. I was on the 4th floor and it was quiet. The room was directly across from the elevator and did not hear a thing. The bedding was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Gillian M,

Thanks for letting us know about your recent stay. We hope to see you again.

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Raleigh, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Homewood Suites is a great place to stay when on a budget. I was there for a week - first half for business and second half for a fun long weekend so I ended up staying in a couple different rooms. The first room was a non-suite king and honestly we ended up liking it better than the queen suite. There was more counter space in the bathroom in the non-suite and the furniture was in better condition than in the suite where furniture was torn and has scuffs (note I realize not all queen suites may be like the one we were assigned). The bathtub shower was also easier to get in and out of and had better water pressure in the non suite than in the suite. The queen bed in the queen suite also seemed more like a double than a queen. The front desk says the hotel doesn't have double beds only queens and kings but since I have a queen bed at home and travel all the time and sleep in queen beds, I feel comfortable saying that the queen I had Homewoods is smaller than normal. So if you stay here and want a big bed, go with the king.
The free dinners Monday through Thursday are a nice offering. Considering how expensive so many of the restaurants are in Seattle, eating dinner here is a great way to save money. They had a couple of beers and wines available free which was also very generous. Though I can't drink right now, I was happy my husband could try the Mac & Jack African Amber.
Breakfast was ok. I would like to see a waffle iron there or waffles offered on the buffet.
The front desk was professional and efficient.
Parking is expensive - in addition to the $35 cost there is also a tax so you may want to consider renting a car just for a day or parking at another location.
The location is loud. It's near the interstate and it sounds like there is a ton of car and air traffic all night. If you are lucky, you'll have the air system block out the noise from the street which can be heard in rooms on the 7th and 8th floor on Pike and Hubbell.
Aside from the noise, the location is great if you like to walk - it's near the convention center, a 10 minute walk to Pike Place, 20 minutes to the Seattle Center, and near the LINK and monorail. Avis and Budget rent a car are next door and. Hertz is down the street.
The grocery store next door makes delicious sandwiches and for a healthy breakfast on the go, I like Juicy Cafe at the Convention Center.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Noa N
Noa N,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. We are replacing the couches in the guest room which will make a huge impact on the condition of the rooms. We hope to see you once again when you return to Seattle.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was stuck in smoking room, the hallway smelled like an ashtray TV didn't work and the breakfast was way below average even for Continental . they never supplied me with anything larger than a hand towel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Peter C
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
elbertedison,

Please accept my apologies that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our smoking rooms are separated from the remainder of our hotel and we do all we can to keep our smoking hallway smoke-free. I do hope, despite your unhappiness currently, that you do choose to give us another chance and choose a non-smoking room next time. I believe your experience would be more in line with your expectations.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was in town over the weekend for Emerald City Comicon and I must say that I had the pleasure of having very great interactions particularly with the front desk and the valets. They had great knowledge of the area and treated every person that walked in the door like it was a member of their own family.

The comments left here are very on par with each other- you are absolutely within walking distance to everything from downtown and up in Capitol Hill, so you are well suited to get around just about anywhere on foot. This is definitely a spot I would stay at consistently whenever I'm here in town. Not often would I comment on something, but I honestly felt blown away during my stay in Seattle thanks to this staff- Noah, Jared, Alex, Dexter, and Caitlin!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank elbertedison
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
elbertedison,

That is awesome feedback! I'm so glad that not only did you have fantastic service from our associates, but they stood out in a way that enabled you to recall their names and share that with the TripAdvisor community. Thanks so much for coming this year for Comicon and staying with us and we will see you next year!

McCleary, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was my first time staying in a suite! My group have stayed in almost every hotel surrounding the convention center in a one to six block radius just to go to Sakura-con and this year we chose Comicon instead and chose Homewood suites to be our weekend home.So even though I've never left a review I have had plenty of experience with hotels in the last 8 or so years in my life. Now that that's done. I will say this we loved it there, we had a great time when we were in our room! Even our sensitive sleeper wasn't too bothered by the outside noise that is Seattle. We took advantage of the kitchen and the internet, but ONE of my favorite moments with this hotel was when we checked in. When we arrived we heard the front desk lady say to someone room won't be ready till four, still we walked forward to check in, imagine our surprise when we found out ours was already well... ready! We were in a 2 Queen bedroom suite!
Our only complaints are these:
The mattress for the pull out bed needs replacing the person who slept on it could feel the bars and he slept with the whole thing closed the next night.
When we played the game find the room safe (we had small firearms to store) we failed and had to store them at the front desk (not a huge problem and actually created a funny story when we had check them in and later out!). We would like it better to have the safe in the room and couldn't figure out why this wasn't a thing here.
The kitchen trash can shouldn't be so small. I would suggest a bigger one, at least for convention season, those of use who like to use this part of the room found the kitchen trash can to be laughably small and filled up quickly. We don't have to cleaning lady come through to clean preferring to be left alone. Our trash was over-flowing by the time we finished this weekend.
The toilet we had to press the leaver and hold to flush... why is this? Just wondering really...
Truly we had a great time, all these things are very minor compared to our over-all stay and we are even planning booking next years room right away for next years Comicon! These are just minor improvements we would like to see for next time! Thank you! (Didn't use the pool so it isn't rated. Same with restaurant)
Jen M.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer M
Jennifer M,

What a detailed response! Thank you for coming loyally to our hotel over the years and I'm happy that we finally gave you reason to post about your stay on TripAdvisor. We can't always accommodate early check-ins, but when we can, it sure makes a difference. As far as the minor issues, if you could contact us at the desk (or call me directly), we can find ways to address the majority of them. Our rooms don't have safes in them, so the only place is the front desk, and I'm sorry about that, but I don't think that will change in the near future. We'll see you back next year for Comicon!!!!!

Lynnwood, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

The size and quality of our suite was excellent. The little balcony was a nice touch. Bed was very comfortable and bathroom was exceptional. Outstanding location for the convention center, downtown, and Capitol Hill. Parking is very expensive, but typical for hotels downtown. There was a problem with my reservation when I arrived, but the staff fixed everything and the stay was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Ryan C,

Thanks for letting us fix the reservation issue, and sorry that you had to deal with that issue. We're happy to know that our service and the quality of our guest rooms and amenities made your stay a success. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Vancouver BC, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

My stay here was great and the staff was amazing. Suites are spotless and service exceeded my expectations. The Managers reception dinners are nice to come back to after a workday. The staff in the kitchen is very nice. Say hi to JD when having dinner he is very kind and great conversation. Thank you Homewood Suites of Seattle for the great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Mathew C
Mathew C,

You're welcome! Our staff is committed to you and we're happy to know that our job is getting done! I'll make sure to let DJ know that he hit the mark with his service and his culinary skills!