“Homewood away from Home Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #51 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel really tried to make us feel at home when visiting Seattle, WA this May. The beds were really comfortable as well as the pillows. They had an evening dinner social Monday-Thursday at 5 pm. with wine and beer. That was really nice. The food was good. The mornings they had free hot breakfast which I really looked forward to. It was good also. Nothing like starting the day with a good hot breakfast. I had run out of toothpaste by the second day there, and they were gracious enough to give me a small toothpaste, for free. That was really nice of them.
We rented a car during our stay there, and it just happened that they had the rental place, Avis, right there in the hotel. Awesome. What a time saver. I really liked that as well.
The only thing I didn't like, or rather, disappointing to me, was the fact that I had to pay $32/day to park the rental in the valet parking area of the hotel. Kind of expensive for my tastes, but again, I really didn't have a choice. My wife didn't want to park it in the street of other parking areas, so I kind of was forced to use their facility.
The hotel was within walking distance of a lot of attractions, which is very convenient.
The room was hot, and I could not get it cooler during my stay. It was a good thing that it was not in the summer yet. That would have been miserable, especially since, my room faced the southern exposure during the late afternoon. Our room faced pike street, so that made it kind of noisy at night. It is a busy street, so do not get the rooms facing Pike street if you are a lite sleeper.
The tub was very slippery also. I slipped almost every time I took a shower. They need to put some kind of non-slip device in the bath tub or someone is going to fall and hurt themselves.
Other than those few things, it was a great stay.
Thank you homewood suites.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

BigRNM,

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your experiences at the hotel. We have recently replaced the non-skid surface in the guest rooms and I'm sorry that you had issues with that. Our parking rates are similar to those of other downtown Seattle locations but I can understand the sticker shock if you are unaccustomed to paying for parking while at a hotel. The Avis counter has been a huge hit with our guests and I'm very glad you enjoyed that convenience. Please come back and visit us the next time you are up here in the Pacific Northwest.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for a total of 6 days and had no problems whatsoever. Very clean, knowledgeable and responsive staff, excellent and large free breakfast buffet, including usual hot items such as susage, egg, and hash browns. They also did free dinner from Monday to Thursday but we didn't sample that, although I'm sure it would have been up to their good standards. Apparently they have a swimming pool but apart from one day the temperature never rose above 64 so we never sampled it.

Great location for either convention centre activiteies, or for tourists. It took us about 20 minutes leisurely stroll down the (not steep) hill to Pike St Market. It's just one street across from Pacific PLace shops and Westlake Center (monorail to Space Needle and Chihuly).

Rates very reasonable and would definitely recommend for the reasons above.

The only thing I was somewhat surprised at was that we only received a ''room'' rather than a suite as expected. This may have been just a condition of the booking - we got a very good rate which did seem too good for a suite. Our room had a connecting door to the next room, and it was a little bit disconcerting when you look out of your window to find someone from the room next door (which I assume was the rest of the suite - the kitchen and living area), sitting there smoking on what I thought was the balcony area for our room! Please check what accomodation you will actually receive.

Can I just recommend Clay's Market just nex tto the convention centre for your daily sundries such as water, chips, etc. Say that the people from London he met in May say hi!!

1  Thank Flooj12

Flooj12,

Thanks so much for your detailed review of our property. We do have a grocery store at the eastern end of our building, much closer than Clay's market and it has a wonderful selection of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as a great deli serving high quality meats and cheeses. They also have a fantastic wine and beer selection and would have suited you nicely if you had gone there instead. We hope to see you the next time you return to Seattle.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nice spacious hotel, great location. Very clean and rooms are huge. Can't go wrong with this hotel ! Extra perk if you rent a car from Avis and Budget, you can return directly at this hotel. Loved staying in a suite versus small hotel room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Mohinder N,

We appreciate the kind words and thanks for pointing out the ease of use of our Avis/Budget. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We recently stayed here for a pre-Alaska cruise holiday. We were put in a fifth room floor which still got a little of the street noise but was also on the same level as the recreation room and swimming pool areas. The hotel is very convienient to the convention center and shopping. The walk up the hill to the hotel was a bit more than expected; still it was nice. The hotel is very good for catching a show at the Paramount Theater as well. We caught a cab to Safeco Field for a Mariner's game ($15 Fare).
The next day I took a very long walk down to Pike Place Market, along the water front and through the Seattle Center (Space Needle). It was great exercise. But there is also a good exercise room in the hotel. The breakfast was basically awful. I try to eat a healthy diet and there just wasn't anything on their morning buffet that you could call healthy (except for some of the fruit). There was a mystery meat chicken as the only protein and the rest of the available food was carbs and sugar.
The front desk staff was awesome! I had questions at different times and they were all great and very professional. The place is really clean and well maintained. I wouldn't think twice about staying here again. I look forward to our return. But back to our cruise. There was no need to call for a cab as one was right at the door and it was only at $!5 ride to the cruise ship terminal.
We heard one couple talking about booking this hotel because they could walk directly to the ship terminal. Don't trust the maps, there is a massive staircase called the "Pike Street hill climb" that you need to take between one place and the other - so don't try it with luggage.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get on the fifth floor or higher.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

blamar,

Thanks for the detailed review of the property. I'm sorry you didn't like the chicken patty. It is my personal favorite, heavy on the carbs is true, and we are looking at ways to make our offerings healthier. As far as walking to the cruise terminals - I'm not sure that is to be recommended. You are absolutely correct: it is too far to walk. We hope to see you the next time you are in Seattle.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I would highley recommend this hotel. I have stayed at many hotels before and never treated as nice as I was at this hotel. The staff was so friendly and helpful. At all times of the day or night. It was convient to us leaving on the cruise. Very comfortable and clean. Nice room and beds. My brother was upgraded at no charge. And the price was great.

Edward G,

Thanks so much for the kind words about our property. We hope to see you again on future trips to Seattle.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Not a great experience from check in, to traffic noise, sirens, etc., funky smells throughout and the breakfast was the awful. Pool and game room was nice for the kids. Location right next to I-5 and convention center, but a ways from everything else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Ian K,

I'm very sorry that you were so dissatisfied with your stay. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this further if you wish. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to impress you in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed three nights with wife and adult daughter. Good location for the price. Within walking distance of most all attractions. Definitely a family hotel as most Homewood Suites are. Lots of kids and families. Breakfast was like a high school cafeteria full of loud kids. Great for families, but If your looking for a quite getaway, you may be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank dunder36

dunder36,

Thank you for sharing your experiences while at our hotel. We do have quite a vibrant crowd during the summer as our hotel has an included complimentary breakfast as well as dinner four nights a week. Our guests definitely take advantage of that perk.