“Very nice suites perfect location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #52 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
St-Hyacinthe
“Very nice suites perfect location”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We love the suite, the bed in nice and it is very spacious (king one bedroom suite) We are travelling with a baby and this concept is perfect, as you can watch TV while the baby sleeps in another room. It is perfectly situated, a walking distance from the monorail (space needle, music museum, science center) and Pike place market, and you can shop in all the nearby store (major brands) The neighborhood is very clean and looks safe.

***The only down point, the reason I didn't give 5 out of 5 is the noise. You are aware that you are in a busy city... It gets quieter at night and didn't keep me from sleeping but if you are sensitive to noise ask for a quiet room at booking, maybe they have some. Our room being on the fifth floor I thought we would be higher but since there is a slope we are about street level!

There is valet parking available for 32$ per night

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is neither on BOREN or PIKE streets Courtyard rooms should be good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Myriam B,

Thanks for sharing your comments about our hotel. We do get quite a bit of feedback about our location, mostly for the convenience to all things Seattle, but from time to time the business of both Pike and Boren streets. I'm very sorry if you and your family were inconvenienced by the traffic outside. Hopefully you will give us another chance.

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Lots of good things to say about this Homewood Suites.

First, as a Hilton Diamond member, I was extremely well treated and staff was friendly and helpful. Upon arrival, I was accomodated for an early check-in and my room was prepared as requested (free of allergens such as feather pillows and duvet).

The room provided was very weel-maintained, although you could tell that it wasn't brand new either. This property (so far) is aging well, but as it is the case with the value offering within a hotel chain, these are the properties that often requires massive upgrades down the road. The good news is that this does not appear to be a problem there!

This hotel features the standard Homewood breakfast, as well as the evening reception which includes complimentary food (burgers the night I was there, but sometimes, they have entree-like options such as teriyaki chicken!). Although marginally better than Hampton Inn breakfast, the Homewood brekfast is quite average when compared to other properties within the Hilton group. Food quality and variety was adequate, but nothing to write home about.

The suite provided was of a nice size with separate living and sleepîng areas. Everything was well-maintained and in working order. The view from the room was courtyard-style. Fully equipped kitchen. Complimentary wifi worked fine. One weird thing about the room layout is where the phone was placed (not on work desk!)

Location is relatively good. It is just north of the convention center and the main downtown shopping area. (It is probably one of the hotel bordering the downtown area). It is a relatively short walking distance (15-20 minutes) to most of Seattle's top attractions such as Pike Street market.

I highly recommend this property

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ottwatrvllr
ottwatrvlr,

We love hearing great things from our Diamond members! It is really great to know that we are meeting your expectations given the amount of time you spend in Hilton hotels. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with the community on TripAdvisor and please come back and stay with us again down the road.

Washington
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The rooms at the home wood are spacious and clean. The kitchens are stocked with utensils, toasters, pans and even a toaster! The staff is friendly and helpful. Valet parking very convenient. A perfect place in downtown!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
BusyMomwith4,

I'm glad you took the time to write down your thoughts about your stay with us. Thank you very much for your kind words and we hope to keep up the good work!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is right in the middle of everything. Parking is valet only and rather pricey. When I first checked in the valet and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The first room I was given faced a busy street, so I request another room. The staff was very friendly and responsive. My new suite was on the 9th floor. The elevator only has 8 floors, so that was interesting. There is another elevator bank for the 9th floor, so I felt like I was on a hidden floor of the hotel. My suite was very nice and clean. I was a little surprised the balcony had no chairs or a table. It was large enough to have a party out there. This suite was the size of a full sized apartment. The manager's reception was very nice. I liked the free selection of beer and wine they had. The food was impressive considering it was free. Breakfast was also nice. The manager at check out was very friendly and took careful note after she asked me how my stay was. The valet was exceptionally friendly and helpful when he brought my car around and gave me great directions to the airport. I would recommend this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a hight floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sharkswave,

We appreciate that you took the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We love that the ninth floor has its own elevator - quirky but appreciated by most of our guests. Please come back and see us the next time you make your way to Seattle.

cher2116
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Came to Seattle to see a music concert. Glad we stayed here, rooms are great with mini kitchen, spacious, and quiet. Beds are in perfect condition. The hotel also has complimentary breakfast and happy hour light meal and drinks. It is well situated to Pikes Market, the water front, and most local venues. Parking is added on to the bill, but what hotel in downtown Seattle doesn't charge for parking. Glad I stayed here, staff and service also excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cher2116,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I'm glad you found our hotel and our amentities to be well suited to your needs. Please come back and visit us again the next time you are in Seattle.

San Jose, California
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Well the reviews for this hotel is what made me pick it. But I have to say that I am dissapointed is this hotel because it cost me $157 to park there for 4 nights (including $8 in taxes and fees) and they had construction going on dirrectly under our room. The hotel staff didn't even bother to tell us that this would be happening. I found out both times that I tried to nap after a long day of seeing the city. You would think spending nearly a $1000 would get you a little more in hospitality. I will not be staying there again. Plus they use powder eggs for there breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daniel p
daniel p,

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise from our renovations below your room. Please accept our sincere apology for the disruption and know that we value your comments and will pass them to the team member most eligible to prevent similar situations in the future.

We are sorry to hear you did not find value in your stay with us and we will work harder to show the true value in our property moving forward. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area so that we may show you the quality of stay you expect and deserve.

san diego
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were here on vacation for 2 days. We had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious . It had a kitchen which included a refrigerator, microwave, refrigerator/freezer and stovetop . The separate bedroom was a little small for the king size bed but it was very comfortable.
Likes: Location- 10-15 min. Walk down Pikes place. Shopping and great restaurants just 2 blocks away. There's a Subway and a great Crepes place just a block down the street on Pikes place.
Complimentary breakfast and dinner. For breakfast we had scrambled and boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereals, bagels,scones, sausage patties,fruit. For dinner there is always a salad bar and free alcohol- beer, wine. On the first night we had a barbecue brisket sandwich and potatoes. On the second night we had a meatball sandwich and potato wedges.
Love the toiletries - neutropenia soap and bath and body works shampoo/conditioner.
Large living room area. I needed a separate room for my parents who snore:) . Flat screen tv's in both rooms.
Dislikes: since we had a corner room there was a little street noise. We all slept through it because we were tired and the bed is great. So I would recommend an inner room if you are a light sleeper.
The smell in the hallway reminded me of a wet dog. But i did hear a dog barking from
one of the rooms. I recommend better deodorizing. The wallpaper in the hallways were stained but I noticed that they are starting to change them.
There is a pool but it is supposed to be heated but it was cold. It was small and outside where everyone from the other hotels can view you. I would recommend enclosing the pool for more privacy and to keep it warm.
Parking-$44 /day but that is average for a hotel in downtown.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tes1226
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
We are pleased that you loved our hotel. We are currently updating our hallway vinyl and thanks for pointing that out. Thanks so much for commenting about our amenities and thanks for spending time with us while you were visiting with your family.