Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Conv Ctr-Pike Street
Ranked #51 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed at Homewood Suites Pike Street on a recent family vacation. When we arrived, we were informed by the front desk staff that the hotel was full and we were given an accessible room. while we accepted this room, we were not prepared to accept the bed bug bites which received. We have sought to have some satisfactory response from the hotel and to date we have been promised communication from the Manager at the hotel but up to the time of writing, we are still waiting for that call or email. Based on my experience noted above, I would not recommend this hotel to others.

5  Thank NicolitaT
Write a ReviewReviews (1,552)

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I spent a couple nights in Seattle with friends and stayed at the Homewood Suites. I thought this was a new property, but was told it was recently renovated. The renovations are impressive and this is one of the nicest Homewood Suites I've stayed at. As a Hilton Diamond member I was given a room on the second floor which are some of the larger rooms in the hotel due to the layout and design. The suite was HUGE and was probably one of the largest hotel rooms I've ever stayed at. The room was clean and modern. Internet was fast, and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel offers free breakfast in the mornings and snacks on weekday evenings. Valet was the only option for parking and this is the only negative I would give this hotel. The staff was great and I would be happy to return here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street was the home base for my daughter and I during our recent stay in Seattle. The one bedroom unit with king size bed and pull out couch in the living area provided us both with the needed space and privacy for our stay. The bathroom was spacious. The small kitchen bar was a nice feature as we ended our daily exploration by going to the Pike Street Market to pick up our dinner from the wonder array of local produce, fish, breads and wines that we carried back to our suite to prepare and enjoy.

The facilities are well maintained and clean. Our windows overlooked the back courtyard that was quiet and green. The front desk staff was helpful and especially pleasant greeting me with a “Good Morning” when I arrived from my flight at 2:00 AM!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Having recently stayed in a number of other hotels in the area, we were very surprised about not only the great location, but also the relatively large suites that allowed our kids to sleep outside in the living room while the parents had their own king bed in a room separated by a door. The suite also has a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, and microwave (no oven). Our corner king suite (for which sometimes you have to pay a little extra, but it was worth it with the kids) also afforded us a balcony view of the environs. They even have a small pool and a billiards table!

Full, hot breakfast was great (albeit a little bit crowded); although we didn't get the chance to have even snacks (only Monday - Thursday evening), it appears that could be almost a full dinner, as well! The only drawback might be the reliance on valet parking, which was a bit slow and understaffed. Given that parking in the area is hard to find, you might just have to pay the $25 overnight fee.

All things considered the proximity to everything, as well as the rooms was a great part of our recent trip to Seattle.

Room Tip: ask for the corner suite which has lots of windows
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We were here for one night and the perfect location makes it very easy to go around the city. Room is very spacious with a nice view. The staff is also very helpful. Overall we find it a pleasant stay in this hotel. The only thing I would bring to your attention is the noise coming from the street. We stayed on the top floor and still heard the traffic. So it's better to ask for rooms on the top if you are a light sleeper. The hotel provides ear plugs on the bed side so that might be helpful.

Room Tip: Ask rooms on the top floor or facing inside if you are a light sleeper. Traffic on the street can be...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

2 stays at hotel in July. Check-in was a breeze with no wait. Front desk staff was very good everytime we had a question about the hotel/amenities, however, answers to questions about local transportation were vague. This hotel used to have a shuttle, but they have discontinued it.
Hotel room was clean. Housekeeping was good and kept room clean. The pool was nice.
The breakfast and 'dinner' was good, though busy as the hotel was packed both times we stayed. They restock the food pretty fast, though not fast enough for some of the impatient guests (that's another story).
The only thing I have issue with is that my room key stopped working five times. They replaced the lock on the room door after the fourth time, but I had one more lockout after that. They said they had problems with key makers or card readers. As a side note, on the fourth time, I complained and was offered 5,000 HHonors points as a courtesy. I welcomed that offer, however, I have not seen the points credited to my account of this writing. No, I don't put the room card by my phone or wallet, thus it was not being wiped or interferred with by my hanlding of the card.
Overall we really liked the hotel and would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This hotel is pretty much a Residence Inn, except it is Hilton instead of Marriott. They have the great complimentary breakfast , the kids loved having something different every morning. We took advantage of it and brought back yogurts, cups of milk and sandwiches to our room for snacks later. Mondays through Thursdays there is also their "Dinner Reception". One night they had cod, veggies and breadsticks and another night they had pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad and corn nuggets. They always have a little salad bar, the fixings for PB&J sandwiches and tasty cookies. The food isn't top notch but what can you say, it's free! The rooms were as expected and the beds were sufficiently comfy. It's nice to have the little kitchen with full-size fridge and freezer. You can borrow a DVD player for free for the TVs. There is also a pool which is ICE COLD, so you can't use it too many days, but there is a Jacuzzi to make up for it, and a billiards room which we didn't get to check out. The location of the hotel is very convenient, it is only a short (downhill) walk to Pike's Place, and there is a Subway and Cheesecake Factory just minutes down the street. It's also right in the middle of a huge shopping district, so you don't even have to take the car to go to GameWorks, American Eagle, Gap, Old Navy, H&M or any of the other big stores there. We returned our rental car a day early and walked to the shopping area on our last day. It was nice not having the pressure of "we have to go back to return the rental car"! My only complaints other than the freezing pool is that about 3 or 4 times during our stay the keys for both our rooms (aunt, uncle, cousins, grandma and immediate family of 4 require at least 2 rooms) didn't work, so we had to go down to the lobby to have them re- validated, and since both rooms were reserved under one name, there were some mix-ups and confusion over that. I would give Homewood Suites 3 1/2 stars if I could, but since I can't I'll just round up and give it 4.