“A good place to stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“A good place to stay!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Deca for 3 nights. Overall, we had a very positive experience. The staff were all very helpful. The shuttle service was great to have and it wasn't busy at all when we went to book it. Considering hotel prices in Seattle, this was quite reasonable. It was very easy to find off of the I-5 and pretty easy to get to other places from here. The University District is quite a neat little area - I really enjoyed staying in the area!

My only complaints would be paying for parking in addition to the hotel rooms and the housekeeping was a bit disappointing... if we had been there longer than 3 nights, I would have said something. The bathroom was teeny tiny but I don't stay at places for the bathroom. This might be an issue for others.

I would stay here again and I would recommend it to others! Thank you to all the staff at Hotel Deca who were patient with my many questions and happy to dole out recommendations to places.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello GotTheItch,

First off, great Trip Advisor username. I see a lot of great username and this one is one of the very best. I am so glad you would recommend us to any future guests coming to Seattle. I assure you I will personally follow up with our Housekeeping team to ensure the disappointing experience you had does not occur again. Our Housekeeping team takes all comments very seriously. When they do not meet the expectations of our guests they do what is necessary to correct the concern. I am very confident you will have a much different experience during your next trip to the hotel.

Jonathan Bartlett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We spent two nights at Hotel Deca on June 30 to July 2. The property is a renovated 1930s building. The décor fits the name, very retro modern. The room was small, but adequate. They charge for self parking in the public parking lot adjacent to the hotel. They also charge extra for bring a microwave, small refrigerator or rollaway bed to the room, although we didn't need any of these. There is a restaurant on property and a fitness room, neither of which we used.

The major failure of this hotel was that the hotel's air conditioning went out on our second night. The temperature in Seattle had soared to over 90o that day. The management told us to open the window, and maintenance brought a fan, which was so noisy and did so little to cool off the room, we ended up turning it off. We had an early morning flight the next day, and hoped to get at least a few hours of sleep. Due to the heat in the room, we got no sleep at all. The night manager on our way out apologized. That was all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank EIfoodlover
Dear Elfoodlover,

I wanted to apologize for the lack of AC during the second night of your visit. Clearly on the hottest day of the year this was the very last thing we wanted to have happen. Through all of our due diligence ensuring our mechanical equipment is up to date and in proper working condition the primary AC unit for our guest rooms decided to quit working. Thankfully we were able to correct the issue the very next day and now it is working correctly.

I assure you this will not occur again during your next trip to the hotel.

Again, I am very sorry.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had an interview at the University of Washington and Hotel Deca was very convenient! They have a shuttle that can take you to the university (if it is available), downtown, pikes place etc. Jimmy drove me to the university and picked me up and he was extremely friendly and gave me a great dinner recommendation! Doria was a very lovely italian restaurant. The whole staff was friendly and the room very clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kristal T
Hello Kristal T,

Thank you for taking the time to say a few kind words about Jimmy. We have a number of fantastic team members so anytime one of them is recognized on Trip Advisor we definitely celebrate those comments. Jimmy is a fantastic representative for the hotel.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hi there! My name is Arthur Riojas and I was just there from June 25 thru June 30 and I really enjoyed my visit at the Hotel Deca (University District). Everyone (staff and cleaning people) were friendly, courteous and very professional. I will definitely stay here again. The only thing I would love for this hotel to have is lighting in the closets; that would be great. My email address is ariojas@ca.rr.com. Thanks again for a great stay.

Arthur Riojas

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arthur R
Dear Arthur R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your trip to Hotel Deca. We share all the Trip Advisor comments with the staff so it was really nice to able to share your comments with the team. It really does put a little extra bounce in our step.

I also wanted to let you know that we recognize that our closets need lights. It is something we are working on. I am confident we will have this solved early next year.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I just returned home from a quick trip to Seattle where I got the chance to stay at Hotel Deca for one night with my niece. We had a wonderful time during our trip and staying at Hotel Deca was just the icing on the cake. The hotel itself was really contemporary and clean! When we pulled up to the entrance my niece said it reminded her of something out of the movie "Great Gatsby". The staff was so friendly and accommodating, especially Jimmy who was there to check us in and out and answer any questions we had. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area and when you go, say 'hi' to Jimmy for us!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank sherry12321
Dear Sherry12321,

We love the word "cool". We think we are pretty cool ourselves so to hear it from a guest makes us feel like we did our job and created a truly amazing visit. Oh and by the way, Jimmy says hello.

Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Best,

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I have had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Deca twice over the past year, and we will continue to go back. We have been treated like royalty every time we have stayed. Hotel Deca is delightfully decadent!

• Stayed June 2014
Hello RashaPeccoraro,

WOW!!! PURE DECADENCE. I like the play on words. I cannot thank you enough for writing such an amazing review. We are thrilled we were able to create such fantastic memories.

I promise we will keep it going.

Trinidad
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I took a business trip to Seattle recently and booked a sky king room at the Hotel Deca; and was totally blown away by the view of Mount Rainier from my window in the mornings. The staff were all extremely friendly and efficient. The cleaning service was unobtrusive and I had no complaints about cleanliness or replenishments. The hotel offers a shuttle which transports guests to locations within a 4 mile radius of the hotel, at no additonal cost. My experience was outstanding, in that the front desk staff at the time of my stay (Paul, Haley, Jimmy and Brittany) were very friendly and sensitive to my need for unexpected changes in schedule during my week-long visit. I would totally stay at this hotel again if ever I visit Seattle.

Cheryl

Room Tip: I chose the sky king on the 12th floor. The view of Mount Rainier was breathtaking when he chose to...