Hotel Deca
$423
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
1,389 results
All reviewsuniversity districtu districtfront deskneptune theaterdvd playeran older buildingspace needlehigher floorrooms are smallseattle areacorner roomfew blocksuwlobbydowntownrainierneighborhood
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel was built in the 1930s and renovated recently in boutique style. It's situated in the university district - which is very handy if you're visiting the university but the district isn't interesting enough to be a destination in its own right.

The rooms (I stayed in two) were ok. Beds comfortable and free wifi. Toilet flush mechanism in one room iffy - constant refilling and not fixed during my stay.

The breakfast was served in the basement bar/cafe. This room was dark and lacked air con. Even on damp April days it was very hot. And the service was extraordinarily slow. Not ideal for breakfast. This was true on the 3 mornings I had breakfast here. By day 3, I was wondering why I came back.

A reasonable hotel but not somewhere to stay unless you have to be in this area.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank EnglishViv
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear EnglishViv,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit to Hotel Deca. I am truly sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I will speak with the restaurant staff about your experience. We recently did have an air conditioning issue in the restaurant however this has been fixed. It is a very comfortable temperature now. We are also in the midst of a renovation in the restaurant that will address your concerns about the room being too dark. I am confident once it is completed the restaurant will match the level of design throughout the rest of the hotel.

I hope that we will see you again during your next trip to Seattle.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our stay was very pleasant. The hotel was spotless, including the rooms. Excellent location when visiting Seattle, and our room rate included parking which was a big plus! The bed was very comfortable, room quiet, and a great place to get a good nights sleep!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear PrMustangs,

Thank you for such an outstanding review. Oh, and we love you to. We cannot wait to see you again.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Deca for 2 nights on a campus visit to the University of Washington. About the only thing we did like about this hotel was the proximity to the campus. On arrival, there were no bellmen. Not a huge deal, but on entering, the lobby was very dark and smelled of mold/mildew, as does the enitre hotel. We got checked in, parked the car in the lot and went to our room. We were shocked. The room was supposed to be a junior suite. It was basically one room the size of a Holiday Inn room. The decor is very dark and dated and the room smelled like mildew. The "closet" has a hanging curtain instead of a door. The bathroom is very small - more like a powder room with a shower. I called downstairs to check and make sure I had gotten the correct room and nobody ever answered the phone. So, I went downstairs and was told that our room was a junior suite. The room was very hot and stuffy on arrival, so we tried to turn on the AC. Couldn't do it. Even though I set the thermostat at 60, it blew really hot air (would be great if it was cold). Waited about 5 minutes to see if it would cool off, but it never did. I didn't even try calling downstairs again. We ended opening up the windows which helped, but had to close them to sleep because of the street noise. They leave earplugs by your bed for a reason. Not only is the street noise pretty bad, but the walls are paper thin. The bed was very nice, however and the shower did have plenty of hot water. When we returned to the hotel after a full day of campus stuff, we asked the front desk person if there was a decent restaurant within walking distance. We were told we couldn't go to the restaurant downstairs because it was happy hour and our son would have to be 21 to get in (really??). She then told us there was a restaurant 2 blocks to the west and then 2 blocks south that was pretty good. So we started walking, again. 2 blocks to the west and then 2 blocks south, then 3, then a long 4. We finally found the restaurant, which was closed. We ended up hitting Subway because it was the only thing we could find and we were freaking tired of walking. Once again, our room was very hot and stuffy, so the windown got opened again. This is absolutely not what I had expected for $199/night. I would advise anyone here for a campus visit to stay down town and just take the bus or train our here for the visit. The area surrounding the campus is not fun to visit, so there really isn't a reason to stay out here. I can say we will never stay at this hotel again. It may be listed as a "boutique hotel", but it is more the quality of a Super 8. And don't believe that there is a view from the rooms. We looked over the parking lot and if you stuck your head out the window and looked to the left, you couuld just see the space needle.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank scarlettscar
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Dear scarlettscar,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I wanted to let you know how sorry I am that your visit was not as you had envisioned. As you can see by the overwhelming number of positive surveys prior yours we are not accustom to reading reviews like the one you wrote. We pride ourselves on treating our guests to the highest level of comfort and care and are extremely disappointed when we do not meet this goal.

After reading your review there were a couple of items I wanted to address. First, I will have the engineering team take a look at the air conditioning unit in your room to make sure it is working correctly. I will also make sure all of our information about the local restaurants is updated so that we do not send guests to restaurants that are closed. It was an honest mistake on our part but one that we can fix quickly so that it does not occur again.

I also feel it is necessary to clarify a couple of your comments as well. First, our hotel and hotel rooms do not smell like mold or mildew. This comment has never been made by a guest prior to yours so I am completely confident that there is not a mold or mildew odor. Also, as a city center hotel the natural street noise can, at times, be noisier than a guest may be used to. We have received a number of positive comments about the earplugs from guests who think most city center hotels should be as considerate as we are and provide these to their guests as well. Finally, I just wanted to let you know that a number of our rooms have some of the best views of any hotel in Seattle. Depending on where your room is located, you could have a spectacular view of Mount Rainier, Lake Washington and both floating bridges, downtown Seattle and the Space Needle, or either the Olympic or Cascade Mountain ranges. I was actually shocked at our amazing views the first time I saw them.

Again, I am very sorry that your visit was not as you had envisioned it would be. While it seems that you will not be back again, I would like to see if we can make this up to you. Please feel free to contact me personally during your next trip to Seattle. I would truly enjoy overseeing your reservation to ensure it is fantastic.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Location is great. Staff is warm, friendly, and knowledgable. Rooms are clean and decorated beautifully. Free parking. Coffee shop attached. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

I think you said it all m s. I agree there is not much more you could ask for. Well maybe one million dollars hidden in the pillow. That would make it perfect!

See you again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Our family recently stayed at the Hotel Deca in Seattle for the 1st time. I can rightly say, this won't be the last time. And I will reccomend this property to people I know who may be travelling to the area. We were in town for some sporting events at the UW, and Hotel Deca was just what we were looking for, from the decor, to the locale to the friendly staff. We were greeted by Emily upon check-in who had a smile that never left her face and was as pleasant as can be. She promptly upgraded us to a larger room to better accomodate my family, for which we were greatly appreciated. She even gave us a map of the area and helped us to find the easiest way to get to where we needed to go.

The rooms were very comfortable and quiet, which quite frankly was contrary to some reviews I had read. We were pleasantly surprised and will certainly stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear Geoff W,

WOW!!!! Thank you so much for the amazing compliments. You made our day. I will make sure Emily reads your review as well. She is one of our shining stars who make our hotel the best in Seattle.

We look forward to your next trip to Seattle.