I stayed in this hotel while I attended a conference in Seattle from November 14, 2006 to November 18, 2006. I thought I was saving my company money by staying here rather than one of the hotels closer to the Washington State Convention and Trade Center, but in the end I spent the same amount of money it would have cost me to stay in a closer hotel.
The biggest problem I had with this hotel is its location. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the Convention Center due to the construction and the traffic lights. Try doing this in the rain a few times and you’ll see how much of a problem it is. Going to the Public Market and other tourist sites will require an even further walk. Expect to be very tired at the end of the day, especially if you are traveling here from the East Coast like I was.
Be careful with the valet parking. I woke up on the third day of the conference to drive my wife back to the airport. When I went to pick up my car, the valet came back and told me that my car had a flat tire. I am rather suspicious about how that could have happened. We did not run over anything during our drive from the rental car office to the hotel, and there were no apparent problems with the tires when we picked up the car. I have no way of proving if the valets caused the flat, but I am peeved that no one noticed the flat until I had to go pick up the car. Just imagine if I had discovered this on the day I was supposed to leave Seattle! As it was, I barely got any time to visit the Space Needle after waiting for roadside assistance to fix the flat. I also had to shell out an additional $30 to get my wife to the airport via taxi.
The breakfasts aren’t bad when you consider that they are included in the price of your room. I would be more disappointed with them if I had to pay an additional fee for them. The potatoes were usually lukewarm and the pancakes and french toast had that institutional taste. They also pre-measure waffle batter for the make-your-own waffle bar, but many days the amount of batter they gave you was not enough to make a complete waffle.
I also had an issue with the housekeeping. I returned to my room at the end of the day, only to find that the glasses in the bathroom had not been cleaned. I know this because my wife’s lipstick was still on one of the glasses! It was things like these that gave me an uneasy feeling about this hotel.
All in all, I have to say that I was disappointed with this hotel. It was not a bad experience, but it wasn’t up to the high quality I have come to expect from Marriott Hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. Just minutes from the Westlake Center via light rail, the Convention Center, The Space Needle, Waterfront, Pike Place Market and the Cruise Terminal's, our Seattle hotel's accommodations offer easy access to many of the city's top attractions. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet, and end it with a specialty cocktail at our Bistro on Yale Bar (happy hour is from 4-7 p.m.), or enjoy fresh regional fare at the Bistro on Yale Restaurant. Guests can also enjoy our Seattle downtown hotel's swimming pool, spa, fitness center, and free shuttle service. We are also proud to offer Complimentary access to 24 Hour Fitness located across the street. On-site parking is a valet-only service for a fee. All of our Seattle hotel suites offer spacious living and sleeping areas separated by a privacy wall, as well as kitchenettes with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. We look forward to welcoming you to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Seattle Springhill Suites