I perused TripAdvisor for weeks before choosing Springhill Suites in Seattle.
Here are my issues:
* We booked a King Suite. It is listed as a two room suite. To me, two rooms means that the rooms are separate. This is not the case. There is a giant doorway between the bedroom and the living room. There is just one television on a small dresser in this doorway and it turns towards the bed or towards the couch. I booked this room because my husband always wakes up before me and likes to watch TV without disturbing me. Not this time.
* The area around the hotel is not a nice part of the city. We did not feel comfortable walking around. We were very far from the tourist attractions; not walking distance at all.
This is a big concern for me.
Here are my praises:
* The ladies at the front desk are very friendly yet professional. We felt welcomed. In fact, all the staff members we encountered were very courteous.
* There is a free shuttle from 7 am to 9 pm, every hour on the hour, that takes guests to The Convention Center, Space Needle, or Pike Place Market.
* Free in-room WiFi internet...always nice.
* Great view of the Space Needle from our room.
* Free breakfast.
* Parking is $20. I like free parking better, but so be it.
* There is a mini-fridge and microwave in the room.
* There is a small indoor pool and a jacuzzi.
* The exercise room consists of two treadmills and one elliptical machine.
* There is a business center with a computer and printer.
We would not stay at this hotel again only because of the room configuration and the distance to the attractions that brought us here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. Just minutes from the Westlake Center via light rail, the Convention Center, The Space Needle, Waterfront, Pike Place Market and the Cruise Terminal's, our Seattle hotel's accommodations offer easy access to many of the city's top attractions. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet, and end it with a specialty cocktail at our Bistro on Yale Bar (happy hour is from 4-7 p.m.), or enjoy fresh regional fare at the Bistro on Yale Restaurant. Guests can also enjoy our Seattle downtown hotel's swimming pool, spa, fitness center, and free shuttle service. We are also proud to offer Complimentary access to 24 Hour Fitness located across the street. On-site parking is a valet-only service for a fee. All of our Seattle hotel suites offer spacious living and sleeping areas separated by a privacy wall, as well as kitchenettes with mini-refrigerators and microwaves. We look forward to welcoming you to the SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Marriott so you can book your SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Seattle Springhill Suites