“Not quite what we expected.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union

SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union
Ranked #64 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
New Hampshire
“Not quite what we expected.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

I perused TripAdvisor for weeks before choosing Springhill Suites in Seattle.

Here are my issues:
* We booked a King Suite. It is listed as a two room suite. To me, two rooms means that the rooms are separate. This is not the case. There is a giant doorway between the bedroom and the living room. There is just one television on a small dresser in this doorway and it turns towards the bed or towards the couch. I booked this room because my husband always wakes up before me and likes to watch TV without disturbing me. Not this time.
* The area around the hotel is not a nice part of the city. We did not feel comfortable walking around. We were very far from the tourist attractions; not walking distance at all.
This is a big concern for me.

Here are my praises:
* The ladies at the front desk are very friendly yet professional. We felt welcomed. In fact, all the staff members we encountered were very courteous.
* There is a free shuttle from 7 am to 9 pm, every hour on the hour, that takes guests to The Convention Center, Space Needle, or Pike Place Market.
* Free in-room WiFi internet...always nice.
* Great view of the Space Needle from our room.
* Free breakfast.

Other info:
* Parking is $20. I like free parking better, but so be it.
* There is a mini-fridge and microwave in the room.
* There is a small indoor pool and a jacuzzi.
* The exercise room consists of two treadmills and one elliptical machine.
* There is a business center with a computer and printer.

We would not stay at this hotel again only because of the room configuration and the distance to the attractions that brought us here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Korean first
Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

I just read the trip report of the people who satyed over the same weekend we did (4th July 2009 weekend) Everyone in our party of 6 loved this hotel.
Here is a mini summery of our stay.

mini trip report about the hotel.

First off whoever said they wouldnt recommend this hotel was just a bit off in my opinion.

We had a great time at this hotel.

The only charge per night is a 20 dollar a night parking charge...no biggie.(its a BIg city and Ive seen 60 dollar a night charges before)

We got 2 rooms thru Priceline for 65 each, 3 nights amenities incuded an indoor pool and hot tub, free wireless or free computer use and printers in their business center FREE buffet breakfast each morning (GOOD) good selection of Fresh and Buffet foods eggs sausage bisquits yogurts breads cereal orange apple juice milk coffee etc

The lobby was just recently remodeled and it looks like a 4* quality lobby. VERY Impressive remodel!!
Every employee was as nice as can be and very professional,

On sundays they have an appetizer promotion (2.50) and they were GREAT KOBE beef sliders/Chix Skewers Poke,,,,,pan asian spicy noodles... everything was GREAT.

The rooms are basic but nice enough and large.

Its listed as a 2.5* hotel but really is a 3.5* hotel.

Its and incredible deal

We even got a Space Needle View from our rooms.

I would Highly Recommend this Fine Mariott Property!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Milton Keynes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

Stayed over the 4th July weekend, so the hotel was busy. Check-in was easy and friendly enough. I had a room facing the highway, which was a bit noisy, but the glazing cushioned it quite well. The room was a generous size, with amenties to aid in self catering if you prefer. However, although the bath tub has a "non-slip" surface for taking a shower, it is still lethally slippery in my opinion. On calling down for a non-slip mat, I was told there were non left as they had all been 'lent' out to other guests...The bathroom and basin areas are seperate which is quite a good idea, but the bath soap and shampoo are left by the basin for some strange reason, meaning if you forget them, you need to take a slippery wet walk out to fetch them????? On the occasions we needed something, the staff seemed not be as responsive or receptive to the enquiry as one would like, but there was one lady (from UTAH according to her badge) who seemed to be the best of the bunch for me.
Like I said it was 4th Jul weekend, so breakfast was extra busy. Nevertheless I was a little disappointed by the selection, which seemed to be limited somewhat. they ran out of waffle mix early on, and they couldn't bus the tables quickly enough. Also, I did 'catch' some of the staff exiting the kitchen actively chewing on something, which was very unprofessional.
We had a late flight, meaning that we had to check-out whilst they secured our bags for the afternoon. On our return, we enquired about if there somewhere we could freshen up, and the staff recommended the Gym across the street, which hosts guests of the hotel free of charge. However, when we asked about towels, we were told the gym SOLD towels. There was no effort by the staff to get a couple of their towels for us to use, and it was only on our suggestion that there may be some in the hotel pool area, that they though it was a logical idea. Even so, they expected us to go and get them although i felt they should have tried to do all they could to aid us. As a Marriot Silver Elite member, I expected more from the staff servicewise and this was the most disappointing thing.
Starbucks/Subway across the street shut on weekends. Long walk from downtown area, hence one reason I wouldnt choose here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ridgefield, wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

Stayed here with my husband and 2 boys (7 & 10). Our room was clean and overlooked the street. The hotel is right next to the freeway, I was not bothered by the freeway noise but, my husband was somewhat. If your a light sleeper I suggest requesting a room on the west end. that may help.
There are limited resteraunts in the area, a subway across the street, pizza delivery and room service, the menu had a seafood/mexican flare and I thought it was resonably priced. But, there are more resteraunts within walking distance. And I thought it was no big deal, and we generally ate while sightseeing anyhow.
The hotel provides a free shuttel on the hour that takes you to the Space needle area. and from there one could take many of the free transit buses to get to other places.
Our kids liked the pool although it was majorly clorinated. There's a shower in the pool area, I suggest using it. FYI, the hot tub is blazing hot!
The breakfast buffet was very good w/eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit, pastrys, and a waffle station. I thought it was great concidering it's free.
The staff was very nice and when we decided to stay an extra night they gave it at the price we paied the previous nights. We payed 99.00 for the first night and 109.00 for the two other nights. A great deal that I booked though the Seattle Visitors bearu website.
All in all, we were vey pleased with our stay expecially at the rate we got.
Hope this was somewhat helpful.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

We stayed 4 nights at Springhill and enjoyed ourselves very much. The room was huge, like a suite. There were 2 queen beds, a sofa, which can be turned into a bed if there is a third person, a kitchen counter with sink, coffee maker, fridge and microwave. Bathroom was spacious with the sink and mirror outside. TV was a 40 inch LCD. Everything was modern, clean and new.

Free daily breakfast was very substantial, with waffles, yoghurt, oats, cereal, fruits and hot items like bacon, scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes. Free coffee and tea in the lobby throughout the day. Free internet access with printers. Free hourly shuttle to downtown but it is only 20 mins if you walk. Staff was helpful and friendly. All in all a great hotel and value for money as we got it for $80 through bidding at priceline.com.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Josephine C
N IRELAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights pre-cruise. It was an excellent hotel maybe 15-20mins walk to the town if you did not use the shuttle .All the staff were very helpful and very pleasant . do not be afraid to use this hotel it is much more than a 2-3 star save your money for the sights and sounds of this beautiful city

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

This hotel is definitely newer for being so close to Seattle Center and downtown. Service and personnel were all excellent. Had heard of issues being so close to I-5, but did not have any distrubances from traffic. A short walk to the market or waterfront and complimentary shuttle service to Seattle Center is very convienent. The room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. Definitely will stay here again whether it is for business or leisure.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple